Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Playing with Fire Help Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Playing with Fire Help Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Playing with Fire Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
baritoneboy211
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Playing with Fire Help Empty
PostSubject: Playing with Fire Help   Playing with Fire Help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 12:39 am

Hi so I'm relatively new to Monster Hunter and I am playing Monster Hunter Tri. I'm having a lot of fun playing but I'm stuck at the Quropeco fight. I can't figure out how to beat it. I know it has various calls that call other monsters, heal it, and increases its attack and I know its various attacks but I'm just not sure how to beat it.
I have the hunter's armor upgraded to 10 defense each and I have the Bone Bludgeon. Would there be a more effective armor or weapon choice? I really need help because I want to move on in the game.
Thank you!
/versad/ /versad/ /versad/ /versad/ /versad/
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Fire Help   Playing with Fire Help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 10:56 am

Welcome to the game. Do you have Tri, or Tri-U for the Wii-U?

In any case, Quropeco can be taken down a little bit easier if you have some sonic bombs (Screemer + Gunpowder). When he starts signing, throw a sonic bomb at him, and he will be disoriented for about 5 seconds+. During that time, get a few hits in as best you can.

Quropecos have hard flints, and with wide weapons like hammers, you tend to hit those more often than not. This will decrease your damage conciderably. So, if you don't have clear access to the head, move to his sides and focus on his feet and body. A few fully charged hammer blows to the feet and he will fall down. Then you can smack his head a few times with the golfball swing.

If you are starting out, make sure you learn the full moveset of the hammer. And as always: don't give up! This is the type of game the greatly rewards persistance. If you keep at it, you will be a hammer expert in no time.

As for different weapons to try out on Quropeco... My personal favorite would be the GS. But, stick to one weapon until you are comfortable with it.
Back to top Go down
baritoneboy211
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Fire Help   Playing with Fire Help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Thank you so much! i'm pretty good with the lance as well! I was watching someone else fight the Quropeco on YouTube and he had this charged downward smash with the hammer but I can't figure out how to do that.
I have Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii, I feel like such a loser not being able to beat this thing and it seems like other people don't have trouble with it hahahah.
I will keep working on it
Thank you again!
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Fire Help   Playing with Fire Help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 3:10 pm

baritoneboy211 wrote:
Thank you so much! i'm pretty good with the lance as well! I was watching someone else fight the Quropeco on YouTube and he had this charged downward smash with the hammer but I can't figure out how to do that.
I have Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii, I feel like such a loser not being able to beat this thing and it seems like other people don't have trouble with it hahahah.
I will keep working on it
Thank you again!

To do the charge attack, just press and hold the R (shoulder) button on the controller. The longer you hold it, the harder you hit. When it flashes, that is the maximum hit. You can quickly tap the R button to cancel most cooldowns and throw in a hit. So if you just finished doing the golf-swing move, follow it with the R button.

There are many other combinations and many other times to use the R button, but practice on your own for a bit and you will learn when to do these.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Fire Help   Playing with Fire Help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm going to move this thread to the tri section of the forum. If you have questions or comments you would like to make about a game you should post them in their section. I hope you do well on Qurupeco, his flints are annoying to bounce off of.
Back to top Go down
baritoneboy211
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Fire Help   Playing with Fire Help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 8:18 pm

I beat it everyone thanks for everything! Persistence is the key to beat it like you said haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Fire Help   Playing with Fire Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing with Fire Help
Page 1 of 1