Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

3 Ultimate or Tri?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Copain
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:01 pm

I've been wanting to get back into Monster hunter and I was thinking of either getting Tri for the Wii, or 3 Ultimate for the 3DS.

I do not have a Wii U (yet) so I cannot get that one. I was wondering what people thought was better.

I'd personally prefer it if I could get the 3DS version, but I really am worried that it wouldn't feel natural on the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Chagrilled

Thank you Points : 34

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:39 pm

definitely get 3 ultimate, tri is basically dead, the servers are closing. and 3 ultimate gives everything tri does and more (correct me if im wrong)
Back to top Go down
Copain
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:54 pm

@Chagrilled wrote:
definitely get 3 ultimate, tri is basically dead, the servers are closing. and 3 ultimate gives everything tri does and more (correct me if im wrong)

Well I'm told the 3 Ultimate (3DS VERSION NOT WII U) only has LOCAL multiplayer (If it's more than that, great!). And I'm partly worried abotu controls.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:30 am

buy a wii U or buy none, its the only way you will get online multiplayer any which way
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:21 am

If you buy tri you won't have multiplayer anyways because the servers are down. 3U you get alot more content so you should buy that for 3ds, and get it on wiiU if you have the chance later on.
Back to top Go down
Copain
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 am

@MasterOnion wrote:
If you buy tri you won't have multiplayer anyways because the servers are down. 3U you get alot more content so you should buy that for 3ds, and get it on wiiU if you have the chance later on.

So the 3DS one has solid controls then?

Guess I'll buy it then and then just grab the next Monster hunter on console.

Has there been any announcement on then ext one by the way?
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:44 am

lolno
Back to top Go down
Copain
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:58 am

@Vortiene wrote:
lolno
In which case are you responding to? The Monster Hunter 4 Question?
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:17 am

@Copain wrote:
@Vortiene wrote:
lolno
In which case are you responding to? The Monster Hunter 4 Question?

lolyes
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:33 am

@Copain wrote:
I've been wanting to get back into Monster hunter and I was thinking of either getting Tri for the Wii, or 3 Ultimate for the 3DS.

I do not have a Wii U (yet) so I cannot get that one. I was wondering what people thought was better.

I'd personally prefer it if I could get the 3DS version, but I really am worried that it wouldn't feel natural on the 3DS.
As stated above, servers are shutting down. So you would be left with offline quests, which doesn't even offer the quests you need to fully upgrade items.

MH3U has everything from Tri plus a BUNCH of new features, monsters, quests etc.

If you want online play, get the WiiU, it's worth the investment. the 3DS version is also viable.

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Copain
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:44 am

@PAiN--- wrote:
@Copain wrote:

As stated above, servers are shutting down. So you would be left with offline quests, which doesn't even offer the quests you need to fully upgrade items.

MH3U has everything from Tri plus a BUNCH of new features, monsters, quests etc.

If you want online play, get the WiiU, it's worth the investment. the 3DS version is also viable.

I would, but it'd be a long time before I can get a Wiiu, saved for months for a new computer :P, don't have that much spare cash right now.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:51 am

Well if you get the 3DS in the future you can always transfer the file to a WiiU if you also get that as well. The entire game is soloable so its not online dependant, but it sure is fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Copain
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:19 pm

@PAiN--- wrote:
Well if you get the 3DS in the future you can always transfer the file to a WiiU if you also get that as well. The entire game is soloable so its not online dependant, but it sure is fun!

Yeah, I like Monster Hunter. MH2 was probably my favorite of the few I played, it controlled really well on the PS2 and felt really nice.. I did some searches and saw there was a Monster Hunter 4 coming, I hope it'll be fun too~
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:53 pm

About the controls i own a 3ds xl and i didn't got the extra stick thingy (circle pad pro?) the controls are good enugh people may bich about the camera and the need of a ccp to play on the 3ds bla bla bla but most of them own a wii u so they have the second stick for my experience:

- 1. if you have a 3ds download the demo and get used to it.
- 2. The lock on feature is your best friend, why? becouse most of the time you use your camera stick to put the monster on your screen, the lock on does that for you, just pressing the L button, also the L button makes the camera go to were you are looking so use that too.
-3. you can have a digital + pad on your bottom screen and you can resize it and move it around so you can have it the way you feel confortable, for me it's a little smaller and i made it a little long to the sides and almost to the top right is not all center i modified it so it can be on my reach.

So there you go, also you can customize the bottom screen for me i have, the map, the combo ready the + pad and the lock on.

I was thinking on getting a wii u but grandma almost died yesterday so we all had to ship in with money so she could get to the hospital, she is ok now thank god doctors said she will last 5 or more years yay!! she is reaaaally old, but i think she was the one who beat up shuck norris jajajajaj.

Hope i helped i love the 3ds version, don't play it on 3d much its cool though but depending on the fight i get dizzy, i i can play it everywere i go like yesterday on the hospital i was nailing some Jhos!!!.

And about the wii well if you dont have a 3ds, we can talk about prices:

- 3ds if you want an xl wich i recomend is 200 bucks and 40 for the game so its 240.
- wii lol you can get all the stuff for like 50 to 70 bucks and let's say you get the controller pro wich i recomend you can get all the stuff for like 100 to 150 bucks depending on where you get it like ebay you can get for less.

The wii version is harder so you may think it has enugh content. The 3ds verision is easier and has a loooooooooooooooot of more content. So if you have te money go for the 3ds if you want to spend a lot les go for the wii but if you are hardcore and you play like 10 hours a day omg!! you will finish the wii version really fast.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 Ultimate or Tri?   Today at 2:13 pm

Back to top Go down

3 Ultimate or Tri?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1