Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Water looks terrible! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Water looks terrible! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Water looks terrible!

Go down 
+2
Sephastus
MGRaiden97
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Water looks terrible! Empty
PostSubject: Water looks terrible!   Water looks terrible! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Unfortunate for me, i couldn't get MH3U until now.

Just got to fishing in water, and it looks really bad, it looks much better in tri. How does this happen with these amazing graphics (for a mh game of course)
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Water looks terrible!   Water looks terrible! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 am

Maybe I misunderstood... You are saying that the MH3U game you got for the WiiU has terrible graphics WHILE you are fishing underwater?

I will assume you mean you are fishing and you are not seeing crashing waves or other awesome stuff... but really, I would not want my WiiU's processing power eaten away by graphic collisions and stuff just to make a small aspect of the game look better.

The monsters, armor and weapons are what I am most concerned about, and they look just fine. Not spectacular, but fine.
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos
Arkenaw

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Water looks terrible!   Water looks terrible! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:04 am

That's what happens when a game is a lazy port instead of dedicated to the system. This game probably utilizes about 1/5th of Wii-U's potential, if not less.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Water looks terrible!   Water looks terrible! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:08 am

Arkenaw wrote:
That's what happens when a game is a lazy port instead of dedicated to the system. This game probably utilizes about 1/5th of Wii-U's potential, if not less.

At this point, I would prefer they "lazy port" all other MH games from Japan (specially MHFO), than the nothing we currently have.

Making tri dedicated for the WiiU would have pushed the release date back a couple more years, and honestly, I like what we have now. It is not the best, but it definately is not the worse they could have done.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Water looks terrible!   Water looks terrible! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Arkenaw wrote:
Making tri dedicated for the WiiU would have pushed the release date back a couple more years,
no, just no.

But I agree MGRaiden, the water in Tri U looks horrible. It's understandable for the 3DS version, which I play, but if it looks so bad on the Wii U too, that's a bit odd... Especially how so many people here praised Tri U's visuals ;)
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Water looks terrible!   Water looks terrible! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 5:25 pm

I'm not sure about you guys, but when I got MH3U, (for the Wii U) I was not eagerly waiting to see how the water looked compared to MHT. I was looking forward to fighting new monsters, getting new armors, and getting new weapons.

Sure the water looks bad, but how much of you time do you spend just admiring (or hating) the terrain graphics? It is probably less than 1% of your total time played. And if you spend more than that just checking the graphics to either praise them or to complain about them, then you have a problem.
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Water looks terrible!   Water looks terrible! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Sephastus wrote:
Maybe I misunderstood... You are saying that the MH3U game you got for the WiiU has terrible graphics WHILE you are fishing underwater?

I will assume you mean you are fishing and you are not seeing crashing waves or other awesome stuff... but really, I would not want my WiiU's processing power eaten away by graphic collisions and stuff just to make a small aspect of the game look better.

The monsters, armor and weapons are what I am most concerned about, and they look just fine. Not spectacular, but fine.

No i just meant the top of the water, its not the effects that are bad, its just the way it looks, and how you can notice that its a small repeated pattern. This goes just for the deserted island, i haven't seen the whole game yet.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Water looks terrible!   Water looks terrible! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 9:10 pm

MGRaiden97 wrote:
No i just meant the top of the water, its not the effects that are bad, its just the way it looks, and how you can notice that its a small repeated pattern. This goes just for the deserted island, i haven't seen the whole game yet.
Yes it's really only in the sea areas of the D. Island. The rest of the surface water in the game looks alright.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Water looks terrible!   Water looks terrible! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Any large flat area looks bad - the tiling becomes obvious.

There aren't many areas though that fit this. The areas I can think of are the water in Deserted Island 11, and some of the sands in Sandy Plains (areas 4, 9, and 10). Everywhere else, there's enough topography to break up the texturing effects.

Noticed it briefly - then went back to hunting. If I wanted to look at pretty landscapes, I'd go to the art museum (actually, it's quite nice!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water looks terrible!   Water looks terrible! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water looks terrible!
Page 1 of 1