Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Power Phial vs Element Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Power Phial vs Element Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Power Phial vs Element

Go down 
+2
Antari18
MHAEL
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MHAEL
Aptonoth
MHAEL

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Power Phial vs Element Empty
PostSubject: Power Phial vs Element   Power Phial vs Element Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 12:19 pm

Will someone explain to me the Power Phial vs Element?

I remember in Tri doing extensive reading on why at times the Ceadus Switch Axe with a power phial was better than (on some monsters) the Black Harvest SA.

What about on MH3U? What is the difference between Power/Element Phials?

Thanks!

MHael
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Power Phial vs Element   Power Phial vs Element Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Ceadus Switch Axe in Tri was better than Black Harvest on every monster considering you're playing in sword mode. Black harvest was a piece of crap because of element. Remember - in Tri power > element.

As far as i know in 3U many swaxes have high element value so now is not as obvious. Someone need to make proper calcs but i recon it's still power > all other phials. Best swaxes with power phials are Ceadeus swax, Nether excellion and dios swax. When it comes to dragon i dunno if stygian swax is better than ala swax.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Power Phial vs Element   Power Phial vs Element Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 2:00 pm

^ IIRC, Black Harvest was the, if not one of the best SWAXes in Axe mode; and even if it wasn't, it was hardly a piece of crap. It was still endgame material, it just didn't have the highest DPS.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Power Phial vs Element   Power Phial vs Element Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 2:20 pm

IIRC MHAEL was asking about Phials. What does Black Harvest Axe mode have to do with phials? When it comes to phials and sword mode it was one of the worst weapons in game. The element value was too low to even mention it. It's still funny to see people using Black Harvest in sword mode on Jho, because they believe that if weapon is from final boss, than it means it must be good.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Power Phial vs Element   Power Phial vs Element Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 11:47 am

Antari18 wrote:
IIRC MHAEL was asking about Phials. What does Black Harvest Axe mode have to do with phials? When it comes to phials and sword mode it was one of the worst weapons in game. The element value was too low to even mention it. It's still funny to see people using Black Harvest in sword mode on Jho, because they believe that if weapon is from final boss, than it means it must be good.

It's certainly not a terrible weapon, it still holds up far better due to it's outrageous purple sharpness levels.

It may not reach a power phial axe, but it comes really damn close to doing so.

Great inceadus was certainly powerful, but the numbers weren't so extreme as to call black harvest a piece of crap.
Besides, if one were to use sharpness + on Harvest, and the same on Inceadus, harvest will definitely stay sharper longer since G.I. didn't get much white at all.
This would result in a two sharpness level difference in power, and idk if you've checked, that sharpness would definitely have an advantage over dragon weak monsters.
Back to top Go down
Paralykeet
Melynx
Paralykeet

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Power Phial vs Element   Power Phial vs Element Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 11:57 am

The axe mode was fixed in MHP3rd- so there really isn't as much of an emphasis on phials in 3U.

I walked through Tri with the Demonbind family, which if I remember correctly had the best Axe mode, but one of the not-so-desirable sword modes. At the end of the game I had Escadora, Helios and Vangis armor with Great Inceadeus, but the difference between those equip sets and Gobul+ armor with Demonbind, was not only negligible, but sometimes outright worse.
Back to top Go down
MHAEL
Aptonoth
MHAEL

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Power Phial vs Element   Power Phial vs Element Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:44 pm

well, my question is more of a question due to my ignorance then:

Ceeded Axe in Mh3U. It has purple sharpness - and power phial. I should be using sword mode for the power phial as much as possible?

AND

When it comes to paralysis weapons... if one is an elemental phial an one is a power phial.... which is better?

I'm just curious how this all works.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Power Phial vs Element   Power Phial vs Element Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Paralykeet wrote:
The axe mode was fixed in MHP3rd- so there really isn't as much of an emphasis on phials in 3U.

I walked through Tri with the Demonbind family, which if I remember correctly had the best Axe mode, but one of the not-so-desirable sword modes. At the end of the game I had Escadora, Helios and Vangis armor with Great Inceadeus, but the difference between those equip sets and Gobul+ armor with Demonbind, was not only negligible, but sometimes outright worse.

Can you tell us a bit more about that fix? I'm not sure what there was to be fixed but i'd gladly appreciate some explanation.

It all comes down to unique player playstyle. I'm for instance not using axe mode pretty much at all, focusing on Sword mode 3/4 of a fight. When you were using G.I in Tri you're probably using mainly Axe mode because you develop that habit from using Demonbind family for many hours as you mention. In that comparision G.I was worse than Demonbind, Black Harvest etc. I'd say it's a piece of crap when it comes to axe mode in comparision with other swaxes.

MHAEL asked about phials so i wrote that in that segment G.I in Tri outdamages Black Harvest. What does axe mode have to do with his question i dunno

Also i don't know how this relation sword-axe mode works in 3U, so sorry in advance about all BS i wrote here.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Power Phial vs Element   Power Phial vs Element Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:18 pm

MHAEL wrote:
well, my question is more of a question due to my ignorance then:

Ceeded Axe in Mh3U. It has purple sharpness - and power phial. I should be using sword mode for the power phial as much as possible?

AND

When it comes to paralysis weapons... if one is an elemental phial an one is a power phial.... which is better?

I'm just curious how this all works.
That's due to your skill as a player.
Take great incaedeus vs caedeed for example.
If someon is constantly getting hit while using caedeed and chugging potions all day as opposed to a great incaedeus user that barely gets hit. Well obviously great incaedeus will do better then.

Does that make great incaedeus a better weapon than caedeed? Obviously not. But it was due to ones skill (or lack of it) to make it seems that g incaedeus is better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Phial vs Element   Power Phial vs Element Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Phial vs Element
Page 1 of 1