Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lance Selection Questions Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lance Selection Questions Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lance Selection Questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
IceMage88
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

Lance Selection Questions Empty
PostSubject: Lance Selection Questions   Lance Selection Questions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:06 pm

I have a few questions considering weapon selection involving mostly awaken. Unlike in Tri, in 3 ultimate, the lances(and probably other weapons), aren't as clear cut for a best weapon for each element. While I've done my own number work and selections for most of the elements, I was wondering if anyone could give me some direction involving awaken.

In general, is it better to have an armor set with the awaken armor skill and a weapon requiring it that is better, or a worse with a more flexible armor set that doesn't require awaken?

The lances in questions are:
-Shiera Vitalica: 529/470ice/1/10% vs Aidion Crown(awaken): 553/540ice/3/0%
and
-Exia Lordlance 506/520water/1/0% vs Tremblor Granboros(awaken): 621/490water/2/-5%[+31d]

My gut says that both awakened weapons are probably bring a bigger boost in strength than another skills could provide, but I'm not sure especially considering things such as the 10% affinity of the Shiera Vitalica.Since I'm not yet G-rank(soon) I haven't started planning any custom sets quite yet, so please factor in whether or not I could even get other good skills with an awaken set into the input.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Lance Selection Questions   Lance Selection Questions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:39 pm

Awaken + sharp+1 is never worth it. Even with that overrated handi+5 awaken+7 charm it's not worth it since you can run far more effective sets.
Back to top Go down
IceMage88
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Lance Selection Questions   Lance Selection Questions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:49 pm

haruno wrote:
Awaken + sharp+1 is never worth it. Even with that overrated handi+5 awaken+7 charm it's not worth it since you can run far more effective sets.

Glad I asked then. Still, I'm somewhat curious, what other skills would be more useful? For example, awakening the Aidion Crown gives 29 raw and 70 ice more than the Shiera Vitalica(though 10% less affinity). This strikes me as more useful than something like 20 points into AU to get AU large(which added 40ish raw to my lance last I checked).

Would you be able to explain a little more why it isn't worth it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lance Selection Questions   Lance Selection Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lance Selection Questions
Page 1 of 1