Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 Noob question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
UNCLEBITTLES
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Noob question   Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:51 pm

This is probably a dumb question, but are there high rank quests offline?
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Noob question   Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:13 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Noob question   Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:17 am

What lalo said. My question now is are you now just starting monster hunter 3?
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Noob question   Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:32 am

@Yuki wrote:
are you now just starting monster hunter 3?

Because if you are, go grab the receipt out of the trash for your copy of Monster Hunter Tri and return it to the Gamestop you bought it at.

Tri's not worth anything but memories now. even more so with like 1/4 of 3U being the equivalent of Tri as a whole
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
UNCLEBITTLES
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Noob question   Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:22 pm

I'm not just now starting it, but I just a couple days ago got to high rank online and haven't had much time to get high rank things. But even if I was just starting I'd keep Tri it has a lot of replay value imo. And I don't have the money for a $350 console and a $60 game. Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
WorldEaterrr
Popo


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Noob question   Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:24 pm

So to speak, it has "challenge" quests which you can go on. If you're a real hardcore fan, and you want to risk it - I might get banned for mention of this, no clue really - you could mod your Wii and get the "Solo online quests", which I believe you can do VIA your Village.

Ehh, I'm not really sure about it myself, but yeah. High rank was exclusive to online, and if you have any high rank gear, you're going to find that the offline quests are pretty damn easy. Still, it's worth a shot with the "duo" quests, if you'd like to do those. Much more challenging, and chances are you'll die even with high rank gear. I still used to.
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Noob question   Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:50 pm

@Otoshimo wrote:
@Yuki wrote:
are you now just starting monster hunter 3?

Because if you are, go grab the receipt out of the trash for your copy of Monster Hunter Tri and return it to the Gamestop you bought it at.

Tri's not worth anything but memories now. even more so with like 1/4 of 3U being the equivalent of Tri as a whole

Not 1/4. It was a great game put near to perfection. There only flaw was not having enough monsters.

3U is in someways not as good as tri. Mostly online features, and the day/night cycle was cool too.

Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Noob question   Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:25 pm

@MGRaiden97 wrote:
@Otoshimo wrote:
@Yuki wrote:
are you now just starting monster hunter 3?

Because if you are, go grab the receipt out of the trash for your copy of Monster Hunter Tri and return it to the Gamestop you bought it at.

Tri's not worth anything but memories now. even more so with like 1/4 of 3U being the equivalent of Tri as a whole

Not 1/4. It was a great game put near to perfection. There only flaw was not having enough monsters.

3U is in someways not as good as tri. Mostly online features, and the day/night cycle was cool too.


yes 1/4 dude. i'm not talking about if tri was better than 3U i'm talking content wise Mr. Magoo. you can practically do every quest and hunt all the offline/online exclusive monsters tri had just within the 1st half of the village quest in tri. Tri will only have its low rank storyline at hand after tomorrow and that is all just the 1st half of 3Us village quest storyline all over again.

besides, i would rarely put a monster hunter game, let alone tri, at a title of "near perfection"
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
MGRaiden97
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Noob question   Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:49 pm

@Otoshimo wrote:
@MGRaiden97 wrote:
@Otoshimo wrote:
@Yuki wrote:
are you now just starting monster hunter 3?

Because if you are, go grab the receipt out of the trash for your copy of Monster Hunter Tri and return it to the Gamestop you bought it at.

Tri's not worth anything but memories now. even more so with like 1/4 of 3U being the equivalent of Tri as a whole

Not 1/4. It was a great game put near to perfection. There only flaw was not having enough monsters.

3U is in someways not as good as tri. Mostly online features, and the day/night cycle was cool too.


yes 1/4 dude. i'm not talking about if tri was better than 3U i'm talking content wise Mr. Magoo. you can practically do every quest and hunt all the offline/online exclusive monsters tri had just within the 1st half of the village quest in tri. Tri will only have its low rank storyline at hand after tomorrow and that is all just the 1st half of 3Us village quest storyline all over again.

besides, i would rarely put a monster hunter game, let alone tri, at a title of "near perfection"

You essentially justified what i said. It was a game near perfection with the only problem being not enough monsters. Understandable for a new generation game. It had just as much content as MH1, yet MH1 had better online (8 player cities). Content is how tri failed, but overall still lasted me over 500 hours.

3U isn't even that much better. They screwed up alot of things, and did things that weren't necessary, Capcom should have kept it an expansion so i could transfer my save or something, just like Unite. Thats why i barely even played it when i got it. If anything, 3u was a fail, all that's better is more monsters.

Online is bad in many ways, Frame rates drop quite a bit, HD game yet low quality textures, the list could go on.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Noob question   Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:45 pm

no stuoid I justified the fact that tri is not worth its weight in bytes when there is already a game out that has its full CONTENT as a quarter of it's gameplay. read that bold word dude because that is what i was talking about the first and second to ccasion that you selectively read.

no one mentioned if tri was better than 3U until you said it because content was the focus was the quest you have access to once servers close tomorrow. 3U is not perfect but neither is tri by a longshot. tri had its moment and now capcom is laying the best part of it to rest. whether the diffferences on where both failed/triumphed is not the matter i address nor the though of tri as a pefrect game. 1) i can think of other titles mh wise more engaging than tri 2) tri falls short of many aspect that make up a perfect game in general.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
MGRaiden97
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Noob question   Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:22 am

@Otoshimo wrote:
no stuoid I justified the fact that tri is not worth its weight in bytes when there is already a game out that has its full CONTENT as a quarter of it's gameplay. read that bold word dude because that is what i was talking about the first and second to ccasion that you selectively read.

no one mentioned if tri was better than 3U until you said it because content was the focus was the quest you have access to once servers close tomorrow. 3U is not perfect but neither is tri by a longshot. tri had its moment and now capcom is laying the best part of it to rest. whether the diffferences on where both failed/triumphed is not the matter i address nor the though of tri as a pefrect game. 1) i can think of other titles mh wise more engaging than tri 2) tri falls short of many aspect that make up a perfect game in general.

No one mentioned tri was better than 3u, you're right, your point? How is it Not worth the "bytes"? Offline still has much to offer, and as a true MH fan you will keep it. A game isn't all about online servers. You say tri is nowhere near perfect yet you can't explain why, content? Yeah monsters is all it lacked. There is nothing you can say sucked besides content.

Other mh titles are more engaging just by content. As you play them all, they are all the same, tri just has a little improved fighting system. With or without the servers i will still play it every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Noob question   Today at 11:25 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Noob question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Silly noob question regarding "Sharing the Pain"
» noob question
» noob question regarding haywire grenades
» noob question on 3DS
» Noob question

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii :: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)-
Jump to: