Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?

Go down 
+8
Antari18
evahnulahm
haruno
Yuki
Sephastus
bill_the_noob
Ares
enemy61390
12 posters
AuthorMessage
enemy61390
Felyne
enemy61390

Thank you Points : 0

Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Havn't seen any topics aimed at this yet so I figured I'd make one. After besting this beast twice now, probably out of some 14 attempts, I can honestly say LOVING the challenge. Makes me wonder what the dlc alatreon is gonna be like *shudder*. Anyways, ive found sleep bombing him to be fairly effective. Also bowed him effectively with the alatreon bow. Just wondering everyone elses thoughts on this quest, also wondering what tactics you've found that work.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Well now that I've gemmed Evasion distance into my H Jhen set, so I think I'll be fine now. He's a OHKO pretty much every time against me though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra
bill_the_noob

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 12:57 pm

i'll never use it, but the gunlance looks cool Yes by vort
on the first run i was "seriously, can his tail ever be cut?"
I found this quest fun and challenging, but i havent witnessed OHKO, only 2HKOs.
my strategies/advices : don't be agressive, bring lifepowder & traps;
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Did it with a group 3 times... Failed first run, got him second, and failed 3rd. Personally, was never carted, and I was almost exclusively support HH for the fight. Topping off people after the hits.

Every time we failed, it was because we had an archer get OHKO... Kelbi Bow spam is not "skill" as some people might have you believe... breezing through the game using that strategy leads to severe failure when the ability to dodge and position yourself is crucially needed.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:21 pm

My thoughts "Oh another lagi quest where I murder it" -gets hit- "Shit that took me by surprise" -happy face in finally having a quest worthy of being called G-rank-

Anywho those were my initial thoughts. I honestly was getting bored with ultimate until I posted that event it was a surprise a very welcomed surprise if events become like this I will definetly be playing more ultimate I finally felt the game provided a proper challenge for G-rank in ultimate
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 2:19 pm

This is how G rank should've been. I also like how the lance you get puts nether to shame. Took forever finding a room though.
Back to top Go down
enemy61390
Felyne
enemy61390

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:29 pm

bill_the_noob wrote:
i'll never use it, but the gunlance looks cool Yes by vort
on the first run i was "seriously, can his tail ever be cut?"
I found this quest fun and challenging, but i havent witnessed OHKO, only 2HKOs.
my strategies/advices : don't be agressive, bring lifepowder & traps;

I witnessed many OHKO's unfortunately....mostly helios armor users and a few narga armor users...I agree though, not a quest to take an agressive standpoint on or get greedy. Get ur hits and get out.

Sephastus wrote:
Did it with a group 3 times... Failed first run, got him second, and failed 3rd. Personally, was never carted, and I was almost exclusively support HH for the fight. Topping off people after the hits.

Every time we failed, it was because we had an archer get OHKO... Kelbi Bow spam is not "skill" as some people might have you believe... breezing through the game using that strategy leads to severe failure when the ability to dodge and position yourself is crucially needed.

I manage to bow it just fine, rarely dying, now I should say, starting out I was carting left and right. I managed to get his patterns down fairly quickly though. I wholeheartedly agree with the kelbi spam. I'm not hatin on the way they play, but when it interferes with the entire group (had a kelbi bower cart 3 times within 10 mins), its time for an intervention dude.

Yuki wrote:
My thoughts "Oh another lagi quest where I murder it" -gets hit- "Shit that took me by surprise" -happy face in finally having a quest worthy of being called G-rank-

Anywho those were my initial thoughts. I honestly was getting bored with ultimate until I posted that event it was a surprise a very welcomed surprise if events become like this I will definetly be playing more ultimate I finally felt the game provided a proper challenge for G-rank in ultimate

Indeed, it is quite the challenge. Reminds me a tad of Freedom Unites g-rank.
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Necro Bump

Just tried to do this quest today and man he is a beast. I think you definitely need 4 people with end game weapons or he will just grind the life out of you. Tried it 3 times, failed all three due to carts by room host who went from the 1st version of Dire Lance to Narga gunner armor with a rarity 6 bowgun where he stayed probably 20 rolls away the whole time doing zero damage. I think I carted twice though as i got hit and he did is AOE attack and I couldnt get away both times.

I actually would love to get a decent room together to do this quest and get the weapon.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Well i was planning to do it solo... so you say it's a bad idea? I really need good wide type thunder GL Sad by vort

I think God gun + 3 ppl Dragon S, Pierce, Normal lv2 spam will do the job. Or am i wrong?
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:49 am

I dunno man, I am not saying it is impossible but given how long it takes to break and sever stuff I think he has a ton of HP. Maybe if you are pro it can be done, but I dont want to try and take 40-50 minutes in the attempt.
Back to top Go down
enemy61390
Felyne
enemy61390

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:14 pm

The quest is definately tough. I havnt soloed it, I've duo'd it, but even that was a 30 minute endeavor. However, I did this quest with 4 people and all using gods archipelago, 10 minutes and 29 seconds. My fastest time to-date. Good luck finding 4 people to farm it in that fashion though >.<
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:44 am

Back to top Go down
NMH-TRI
Kelbi
NMH-TRI

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 7:08 pm

I went in underestimating it, like I'm sure most did on the 1st attempt. I was sportin narg/b. blos mixed armor w/ hammer and paid for it.

I put on my abyssal GS set, brought might items, but it seemed like the room just wasn't coming together and I refused to sleep bomb (labelled the room that way).

After a while, my room had a good team across the board. I concentrated charge draw attacks on the chest and rolled out to reset. LBG laying down constant dmg. GL and DS working chest/feet. We tripped him constantly and punished. He flinched quite a few times, but he still got his licks in. I stuck around to help everyone finish there GL's and that was that. We were runnin around 15 min avg.

I was pretty happy with the quest though. I was loving the difficulty. Actually had to play cautiously and kamikaze swings came with a price. I can't wait for more supers.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:17 am

Ds is my most favored weapon for this quest, except my team keeps constantly dying behind their so-called gunlance shields. Playing defensive is not good; you have to hit and run basically.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:03 am

The best way to go about it in my opinion is the lance, is quicker than the gunlance in terms of shielding and you can block everything exept for the large shock attack, but with enough technique you can quickly hop away from shock distance.

That way you are always in hit distance without fear of being quick-zap and you can hit the lagi the entire fight.

Hey! worked for me
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Did this quest with slime dual swords and evasion+2 which is amazing. Being able to go in quickly for some combos and evading out works great. Demon Dance has to be done at the right time. Also tried lancing, works good too, but for now my personal preference is DS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:23 pm

I don't think i carted on this mission yet O_o are you guys soloing him or something? Cause I suck.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Clashing fists makes this seem like a joke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?   Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruel King of the Seas, afterthoughts?
Page 1 of 1