Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
G Rank Deviljho help Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
G Rank Deviljho help Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

G Rank Deviljho help

Go down 
+4
haruno
MHAEL
Antari18
Martoboyo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Martoboyo
Aptonoth
Martoboyo

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

G Rank Deviljho help Empty
PostSubject: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Hey everyone, I have a major problem in MH3U. I've reached G Rank a while ago and have been doing a lot of G rank quests, mainly to upgrade my weapons and to occassionally get a new armor set (got Plesioth X with Evasion +1 and Evade Dist Up :D ), but that's not the point. The point is I did all key quests of the 7-star quests except 1: Deviljho.

I'm gonna be honest: I shit my pants when I have to fight him. I have trouble with the High Rank version, so I shudder when I think of the G rank version. So my question is: what do I need to do to fight him? I mainly use Switch Axe, Gunlance and Sword and Shield but I have used all weapons in my MH-career so I can use every weapon with at least some skill.

I though about using a Bow to fight him (not the cheap Kelbi Bow tactic) with a nice combo of the Narga Z and Narga X to get something like Stam Recovery, FastCharge, Evasion and Evade Dist with perhaps even Loading if I get lucky. But I don't really know, so any advice is welcome.

EDIT
Hmmm, ok, I'm gonna use the Switchaxe vs him (the fully upgraded C.Peco Swatch) with Helios Z with X Coil gemmed for Evasion +2, Sharpness +1 and HG Earplugs and get the Dragon Res increase from food. Or a Narga X based set gemmed for Evade Dist Up, Razor Sharp, Evade +2 and Dragon Res +15. Second one is probably overkill Dragon Res, but I'll use it for the S. Zinogre too (hate him). It will depend on my luck during the 3 Narga Quest (if I get a Mantle or 2 even, I'll go for the second set).

2nd EDIT
I did it guys. Almost 35 minutes of struggling and 15 (Mega) Pots later he finally died. I used the C. Peco Swatch with Helios Z + X Coil with Evasion +2, HGE and Sharpness +1 and took the Dragon Res food. Honestly, I can kill 3 Rathalos or Narga without a single pot, but this guy... I dunno, but thanks for all the advice, Swatch is indeed my favorite choice for him. Now to fight Dire Miralis! :evil:

Last edited by Martoboyo on Fri May 03, 2013 7:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:01 pm

G rank Deviljho is very easy with swax. Don't really understand why you have problem with him if your prime weapon is swax. It's not my main, yet i kill G rank version in less than 20 minutes. High rank Jho is like a kid. Really nerfed since Tri times. Just use the one made from Stygian Zinogre and focus on using sword mode or Slime swax from Dios and do the same. All you really need to face jho is Evade+1. All other skills are useless really. Roll through all of his attacks, roar and shit. Hope it helps!
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
MHAEL
Aptonoth
MHAEL

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:03 pm

key with soloing Jho is 2 things

1) Do NOT let him jump on you and eat you.
2) Time your roll out to evade through his dragon breath and you get lots of free hits.

Take bombs, sleep meat, tinged meat etc... so you get some free sleep bombing, and paralysis meat.
Bring 2 traps and 2 trap boxes with a net and a thunderbug for a total of 4 traps.

Stay healed up and roll through his breath.

With a Helios Z set and x coil you should have sharpness +1, evade +1, HG earplugs.

with a SAxe - you will STOMP him.

Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:07 pm

Lance + evade up + evade+2 + jho = ez mode
Just YouTube ken's mhtri solo against jho. It'll show the timing needed.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 6:38 am

MHAEL wrote:
With a Helios Z set and x coil you should have sharpness +1, evade +1, HG earplugs.

Helios Z have terrible -35 dragon resistance. HGE is useless because evade+1 let's you evade roars like a champ. I do not recommend Helios Z vs Jho because of low dragon res. It's good to bring vs Jho some thunder element weapon, A. Lagi swax works best here. But it's out of your reach at this point so just stick to Dios, Deus swax or S. Zinogre swax. All you need is Evade+1, you can also get Sharpness+1 but it's not necessary to take it down. He's really easy, you'll see :D
Back to top Go down
MHAEL
Aptonoth
MHAEL

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:10 pm

It may have low dragon res.... but with evade +1 - you should never be hit by dragons breath.

You also get HGE so while your rolling and repositioning - I am going to town already.

Sharpness +1.

My set also has critical eye +1.

In case you do not time out the dragons breath once... bring a nullberry.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Helios Z may have bad Dragon Res., but it can be gotten rid of by just eating. (Veggies and Drinks I think) Which will give you DragonSlayer which will turn that -35 Dragon Res., into +3 Dragon Res..
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 1:41 pm

Pierce HBG. Pierce his soul.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Hit his stomach only. Make Ceadeed swax. 15 minute kill. Resistance isn't a major problem. You shouldn't be getting hit in the first place. All his attacks are avoidable without evasion +1
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Majority of attacks in game are avoidable without evasion +1. Maybe even all attacks. Theory ends here.

But seriously... he have problem with Jho and you advice him not to bring evasion skills on field? You think it's a good advice? I don't think it'll help him, well maybe in longrun...

HGE is useless because with swax in sword mode you need to roll either way. Repositioning? I have no idea what you're talkin about. I never have to in fight vs Jho.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 5:57 pm

Antari18 wrote:
MHAEL wrote:

Helios Z have terrible -35 dragon resistance. HGE is useless because evade+1 let's you evade roars like a champ. I do not recommend Helios Z vs Jho because of low dragon res.
Deviljho has what, only one attack that deals dragon? That move is easily avoidable as well. You shouldn't have to worry about the dragon res unless you're unfamiliar with moving. Besides, the food combination of Drink and veggies with Sauté styled cooking would bring that -35 to +8.
But yeah, Evasion+1 would get you out of Deviljho's attacks no problem.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 6:52 pm

So what's the advantage of using Helios Z on this monster anyway? HGE? Useless because of evade+1. Sharpness+1? You can get S+1 with many armors with natural high dragon res. To be honest i'd rather have my attack up and HP from food rather than dragon res. lol

Just take Zinogre Z set (with razor sharp gemmed in) with Stygian Zinogre swax. Here you go.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:31 pm

Just like what Sai said, practically all of his attacks are avoidable without Evasion+1. With HG Earplugs, I can ignore the roars brought by Deviljho and move in for the kill without having to dodge for prevention then attack...

I guess it just boils down to preferences, really.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Yeah you forgot to mention you need +few hundred hours practicing with dodging his attacks without evasion skills. Unless you're GS user HGE is useless here (only justifies your laziness) but heve it your way. I saw hundreds of hundreds people with HGE standing and doing nothing because they were so confident about it. At the same time i was rolling through and doing most dmg to monster.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Narga and Duramboros were new monsters for me. Their roars and moves were all avoidable without evasion +1 and they only took about 6 kills to master. 100 hours of practicing is a glorified exaggeration. Not to mention Tri U's tighter hit boxes/ increased evasion frames pretty much equals to that of evasion +1 from Tri.

Note that Duramboros is also a brute wyvern like Deviljho, so that's why I'm including Narga there since he is a completely new monster.

Also, sharpness +1 is essential to weapons that get an increase of sharpness level from it, which is pretty much most of the blademaster weapons. I use Helios Z because of sharpness +1 only.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:35 am

Antari18 wrote:
Yeah you forgot to mention you need +few hundred hours practicing with dodging his attacks without evasion skills. Unless you're GS user HGE is useless here (only justifies your laziness) but heve it your way. I saw hundreds of hundreds people with HGE standing and doing nothing because they were so confident about it. At the same time i was rolling through and doing most dmg to monster.
How interesting, but here's the thing: a bunch of randoms you run into with HG earplugs doing nothing is a pretty dumb thing to bring up. I don't even know why you brought that up to prove something(?).

Also OP has all the time to practice on High Rank Deviljho to master attack patterns and dodging, because he's not much different in G rank(some of Deviljho's moves become faster, making the attack less stressful for dodging) It won't take 100 hours of practicing for any monster to learn the ropes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G Rank Deviljho help   G Rank Deviljho help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G Rank Deviljho help
Page 1 of 1