Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Elemental Dual Swords Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Elemental Dual Swords Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elemental Dual Swords

Go down 
+7
Darklinghunter
Yuki
haruno
Jodecho
Ultimate Jaggi
St. Huck
Integra
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Integra
Kelbi
Integra

Thank you Points : 0

Elemental Dual Swords Empty
PostSubject: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi guys! I've recently picked up the dual swords. I think they're quite fun and i realise that they reach their max damage output when you use elemental DS. But today, I have a few questions.

1) IN YOUR OPINIONS!!!! Which are the best DS of each element so I know what to work for.

2) is the Slime DS any good when i get this character up to Brachy.

Thanks for reading and in advance for all your help - Integra.
Back to top Go down
St. Huck
Felyne
St. Huck

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Plesioth Cutlass path for water, Blizzaroth path for ice, Zin->Nether path for thunder, Aggy path for fire until you can farm for Miralis'.

Dragon is a stickier issue. 3 paths (Bug, Jho, Ancient Shard) and 3 different sets of positives and negatives. Insecticutter path is accessible early, easy to make/upgrade and balanced raw/ele (322/200 at max). Ancient path is low raw/high ele (182/480 at max) and relies on actually GETTING them from a shard. Jho's path is the opposite (364/160 + 10% affinity at max) and is the the only path of the bunch that can attain purple sharpness (w/ Sharpness+1) at max, the others topping out at white. Personally, I used the bug DS until I could make Jho's but YYMV.

The Brachy DS are great, IMO. Especially useful if any particular element in your arsenal is lacking.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 4:26 pm

My favorite ds is by far the stygian zinogre line, which gives thunder and dragon element.

However the pure zinogre line is the best thunder DS.
Back to top Go down
Integra
Kelbi
Integra

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Wow, thanks guys. This has definitely helped me a lot! Yes by vort

Back to top Go down
Jodecho
Aptonoth
Jodecho

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:21 pm

this is great info for me aswell as ive though of doing the same, and not to hijack your thread Integra but is this basically the same for SnS aswell?
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
My favorite ds is by far the stygian zinogre line, which gives thunder and dragon element.

Funny how that ds is absolute garbage.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:15 pm

The entire dragon dual sword line is garbage if you really think about it most sacrifice sharpness and only reach white sharpness the two that do reach purple sharpness are not that good either in stygian superbia and the nero line.
Back to top Go down
Integra
Kelbi
Integra

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 4:16 am

Jodecho wrote:
this is great info for me aswell as ive though of doing the same, and not to hijack your thread Integra but is this basically the same for SnS aswell?

Hi Jodecho! With a sword and shield I believe you play more of a support role so you need to be dishing out as much element (or status if that's what you're into) as you can. I f
think that raw sns are a waste of time. I also think that sns are just like a ds with less damage and shield so I'm pretty sure ds advice carries over for this weapon too. But again I never was a sns user so I'm someone on this forum can give a better answer than me but I hope this helps - Integra.
Back to top Go down
Darklinghunter
Popo
Darklinghunter

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Europe

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:33 am

haruno wrote:
Ultimate Jaggi wrote:

Funny how that ds is absolute garbage.

I mean you say People should not waste Mats on this DS , but why so "negative" ?

@Topic: Im not indepht in DS but 9 of 10 DS palyers have slime DS ,so u should craft it.
Back to top Go down
Armoured Barioth
Jaggi
Armoured Barioth

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:36 pm

^Nine out of ten people used Guan Dao in Tri, but it still wasn't very good. OP, in general it's better to spend mats on DS which are more powerful in one element than on DS which have two Ok elements. You'll get more damage out of it, and in general you can do better in multi-monster quests by using raw or status. Dual element DS certainly get style points though! :D
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:36 pm

Dual swords elements work like this in unite. They're split into two herpderp. If say Stygian duals had both 370 dragon AND 250 lightning on both blade then it would be good but sadly that's not the case. Only one dual has dragon while the other has thunder. Monsters are primarily weak to one element so even on something like jho/caedeus you're better off using a pure dragon/thunder duals respectively. Also white > purple/blue sharpness on duals so stygians purple sharpness is more of a liability than a help if you know how to use duals.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:39 pm

haruno wrote:
Dual swords elements work like this in unite. They're split into two herpderp. If say Stygian duals had both 370 dragon AND 250 lightning on both blade then it would be good but sadly that's not the case. Only one dual has dragon while the other has thunder. Monsters are primarily weak to one element so even on something like jho/caedeus you're better off using a pure dragon/thunder duals respectively. Also white > purple/blue sharpness on duals so stygians purple sharpness is more of a liability than a help if you know how to use duals.

I never said it was any good, i was merely saying that it was my favorite. Nothing more, nothing less.

And by the time you can make this DS, you probably have decent thunder and dragon weapons anyway.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:12 am

SLIME!HAHAHAHA!!!THE BEST ELEMENT EVER!!!1YESSSSSSS
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 12:06 pm

haruno wrote:

you failed the part where monsters usually have 2-3 weaknesses but 1 element stands in particular out doing the most extra damage. there's like 10 monsters that share a a dragon/lightning super-effectiveness that could call to use stygian and it be ok. also the part where you say that white sharpness is greater than puruple sharpness, the sharpness having the highest attack amplifier possible and deflection prevention... -_-"

besides the notion of status weps being the best was the best comment here. those plegion stunswords are just so damn smexy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
TheLaw
TheLaw

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Otoshimo wrote:
you failed the part where monsters usually have 2-3 weaknesses but 1 element stands in particular out doing the most extra damage. there's like 10 monsters that share a a dragon/lightning super-effectiveness that could call to use stygian and it be ok. also the part where you say that white sharpness is greater than puruple sharpness, the sharpness having the highest attack amplifier possible and deflection prevention... -_-"

besides the notion of status weps being the best was the best comment here. those plegion stunswords are just so damn smexy

The bolded part is due to the White Sharpness is better on Duals as you're dealing a decent amount of damage, but you're not getting any 'hitlag' meaning you can deal more damage with white sharp instead of purple sharp when demon dancing and such, I'm sure that is what Haruno means when he said that, having it all about DPS.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
Armoured Barioth
Jaggi
Armoured Barioth

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Otoshimo wrote:
haruno wrote:

But why use two elements where one does better than the other when you could just use dual swords with a higher value in the one better element?
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 2:06 pm

Armoured Barioth wrote:
Otoshimo wrote:
haruno wrote:

But why use two elements where one does better than the other when you could just use dual swords with a higher value in the one better element?

because you don't, poison/para/sleep/slime that squid all the way!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Dual Swords   Elemental Dual Swords Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elemental Dual Swords
Page 1 of 1