Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 
 

 Everyone has their own opinion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Naotoxandar
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Everyone has their own opinion.   Wed May 08, 2013 4:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

I only got this game last week and since then i have been glued to the screen with its amazing game play, The variety of monsters and equipment from weapons to armour to traps and charms, But i am curious in what you use! What would be your favorite weapon in MH3u either it be for its looks or just for its sheer raw power and ability to cripple anything in one swing or shot. And even armour, I know all this may sound stupid and pointless but i see it as a conversation starter and for me to get to know some of the MH lingo lol

At the moment my fave weapon to use on power would be my brother blazes and for looks i love anything brachy ;D Armour i have yet to see one i like lol, So please share with me and everyone else your opinion and let your voice be heard ;D

HAPPY HUNTING!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 281

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Fri May 10, 2013 1:19 pm

@Antari18 wrote:
S+1 and AuL is probably edgemaster skill so i recon he have some mix of nether. It's easy to gem in rest of these skills with good Sharpness tali.

i know, i want the actual armor setup, not the "he used this and that maybe"
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
Armoured Barioth
Jaggi


Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Fri May 10, 2013 1:43 pm

I think it's something like Nether chest, gloves and waist with Ura Z helmet and boots, right?
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 281

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Fri May 10, 2013 2:12 pm

nvm found it
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
Darklinghunter
Popo


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Europe

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Fri May 10, 2013 2:18 pm

@E&Troy wrote:
My favorite weapon so far is the Brachydios Lance. Why? Because I don't have to switch armors and weapons when going from quest to quest. It allows me to get back from a quest, replenish my supplies, eat, post/join a quest and go. Saving me that much more time. Sure it isn't that much time, but it adds up. Also, since I can't play all that often, I try to level as fast as I can.

People will always hate slime, dislike the people who use it, and never use it themselves. Why? Because it's helpful. People don't like making things easier. They like to have the bragging rights like, "I made my G rank armor set using a low rank weapon!" After all, everyone likes to be able to have the bragging rights of, "I spent longer making my armor set than you did!"

It's those people that could have done it faster, but they didn't have the right weapon. And they could have used a slime weapon to speed tings up. But unfortunately, people like slower.

I dont think that 4x Slime is faster than 4x Weakness . The only reason behind Slime is you can better break things from Monster and you dont need to change Weapon because its not super effektive nor super useless against every Monster.
And where you see guys with g-rank armor and crap weapons, i never saw that and i played around 200 hrs online .
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Fri May 10, 2013 2:38 pm

@Vortiene wrote:
@haruno wrote:

Razor Sharp
Sharp+1
Attack Up Large
Stamina Rec Up
Current Res Lo
Speed Sharpening

show me this one NAO bro
I use the best charm for nether mixes which is edgemaster+3 and stam rec+6. Without that certain charm alot of sets become a lot harder to make. Without that charm you need at least a 2 slot weapon. However the most important thing to know about nether is that their are only two good combinations which are

Head + mail or
Head + legs

The Helm is by far the absolute worst piece in the set giving a massive -4 expert, a jaw dropping current res+5, edgemaster+1, +2 stam rec with no slots.


However there are certain pieces of armor that are far better than others at giving skills. For Razor sharp it is the silver sol mail which in itself gives +6 sharpness. For Artillery it's uragaan greaves Z which gives a huge +9 artillery by itself.

For that set in particular I use

Jinouga Helm X
Silver Sol Mail
Nether Vambraces
Nether Faulds
Nether Greaves
Edgemaster+3 stamrec+6 charm

The gemming should be pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Fri May 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Silver Sol Mail is absolutely must have for every razor sharp set. It's very easy to make, consist 3 slots and yeah 2 sharpness is pretty good. On the other hand Vangis greaves are better as it has 3 to sharpness and 3 slots, not to mention you can get it early in the game.

Wroggi vembrances X are also relatively good, 5 to sharpness, 1 slot.

Btw cool set haruno.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Fri May 10, 2013 6:29 pm

@Darklinghunter wrote:
E&Troy wrote:
My favorite weapon so far is the Brachydios Lance. Why? Because I don't have to switch armors and weapons when going from quest to quest. It allows me to get back from a quest, replenish my supplies, eat, post/join a quest and go. Saving me that much more time. Sure it isn't that much time, but it adds up. Also, since I can't play all that often, I try to level as fast as I can.

People will always hate slime, dislike the people who use it, and never use it themselves. Why? Because it's helpful. People don't like making things easier. They like to have the bragging rights like, "I made my G rank armor set using a low rank weapon!" After all, everyone likes to be able to have the bragging rights of, "I spent longer making my armor set than you did!"

It's those people that could have done it faster, but they didn't have the right weapon. And they could have used a slime weapon to speed tings up. But unfortunately, people like slower.

I dont think that 4x Slime is faster than 4x Weakness .

However, the groups of people that I get that all have slime weapons are all much faster at the base. slime may not make the quest itself any faster,
but as I've already mentioned, you don't spend as much time at the port. After all, who cares how fast you do a quest if you spend 15 minutes preparing for it. So many people don't realize that the true speedruns were done by people who spent little to no time in the actual city.
Back to top Go down
Darklinghunter
Popo


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Europe

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Fri May 10, 2013 6:37 pm

If you focus on 1 single Quest 4x Weakness is the same like 4x Slime in Port , if you want to speedrun through all quests then go for 4x Slime .
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Fri May 10, 2013 7:09 pm

4x bonus shot/drag attack+2 using the willuminator vs abyssal lagi
4x bombardier/loadup/HGE/partbreaker using kelbi bow vs abyssal lagi

GOOOOO
Back to top Go down
Martoboyo
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Fri May 10, 2013 8:13 pm

My fav weapon is the Gunlance, specifically the Progenesis. My fav armor set? Agnaktor Z... Da... Best... Helm... Evah, only helmet that comes close is Rathalos X Helmet.

And about slime: slime is little overpowered imo mostly because unexperienced players don't like raw weapons as much as elemental, while status is usually left to bowgunners. Players are, on the other hand, generally a little lazy and don't like to run back to the box to switch weapons. A Raw weapon would be the solution, but slime can be considered a elemental status, making slime kinda the perfect mix between Raw, Status and Elemental. However, there are enough situations where Elemental can be better than Slime, where Status can be more beneficial to the team, and so on.

I don't really care about slime, I use it like I would use any other weapon. Right now, I use the Progenesis with Awaken (gives slime) because I think it's a waste not to use it. Raw + Slime > Raw. Progenesis is at this point simply my most powerful GL, the most raw and best shelling. I still use the Plesioth GL against the Uragaan for example, and the C. Peco Switchaxe vs Rathian and Rathalos.

I think it's good there is a kinda op method to farm in MH3U. There are players out there that don't really like to spend hours farming and just want to hone their skills. Sometimes you don't like farming a specific monster. Any game needs something overpowered for those that want it, those that don't want it don't have to use it.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Fri May 10, 2013 10:11 pm

If theirs one thing I hate, is when people say that using slime requires no skills/talent.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Fri May 10, 2013 10:31 pm

@E&Troy wrote:
If theirs one thing I hate, is when people say that using slime requires no skills/talent.
That only kelbi bow
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Sat May 11, 2013 1:04 am

@haruno wrote:
E&Troy wrote:
If theirs one thing I hate, is when people say that using slime requires no skills/talent.
That only kelbi bow

I disagree with you there. I'm often soloing with the kebli bow, (or two man running with it) and I rarely have the time to spam level one charged shots. I often sleep monsters, para them, poison them, and bomb them. I often find myself charging my shots to level two or level 3, (I still haven't gotten the load up skill) and actually aiming my shots. I also use evasion +2 (I don't use +1 because it requires skills that I sometimes don't have)

EDIT - Overall, I'm definitely doing more than someone who's never used a bow before could do. So using the kelbi bow (for me) requires skill.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Sat May 11, 2013 5:57 am

Using Kelbi bow and actually charging to inflict status requires skill. Hell most dumbasses online don't even realize that slime coating is better than the default 420 slime that kelbi bow gets.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Sat May 11, 2013 1:07 pm

@haruno wrote:
Using Kelbi bow and actually charging to inflict status requires skill. Hell most dumbasses online don't even realize that slime coating is better than the default 420 slime that kelbi bow gets.

Yeah. Tbh, most of them probably don't even realize the kelbi bow can load every coating.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Sun May 12, 2013 5:40 pm

So after 300+ hours i decided to make basic kelbi bow set (HGE, Bombardier, Awaken, Evade+1 - nothin special) because i'm not one of those guys "i will never use slime because i'm that cool and hardcore as shi".

Solo G rank Nox. Killed it in 15-16 minutes.

Than solo G rank Nox with Uragaan Hammer. Killed it in 10 minutes... no seeds, no AuL, no food attack skills, no adren or hero...

So what's with that hate for kelbi bow? I gotta feeling people are waaay overreacting. Without status gunner which lock monster every 5 seconds it's not that OP as everyone describe it.

I guess ppl just need to focus their hatred on one weapon and that's how things roll.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
haruno
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Sun May 12, 2013 5:51 pm

@Antari18 wrote:
So after 300+ hours i decided to make basic kelbi bow set (HGE, Bombardier, Awaken, Evade+1 - nothin special) because i'm not one of those guys "i will never use slime because i'm that cool and hardcore as shi".

Solo G rank Nox. Killed it in 15-16 minutes.

Than solo G rank Nox with Uragaan Hammer. Killed it in 10 minutes... no seeds, no AuL, no food attack skills, no adren or hero...

So what's with that hate for kelbi bow? I gotta feeling people are waaay overreacting. Without status gunner which lock monster every 5 seconds it's not that OP as everyone describe it.

I guess ppl just need to focus their hatred on one weapon and that's how things roll.
It's one of those over centralizing weapons that aren't really good. The only time I would prefer it is for white fatalis' armor mode since 10 raw and 10 elem hitzones all around fucking suck.

There are far more effective strategies for every monster than just 420 slime it!
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Mon May 13, 2013 1:13 pm

@haruno wrote:
There are far more effective strategies for every monster than just 420 slime it!

460 slime actually, because I always eat and get pyro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Everyone has their own opinion.   Today at 5:17 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Everyone has their own opinion.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» TERA opinion
» The easy way (in my opinion) to downgrade minecraft back to 1.0.0
» Opinion Poll
» what is the best music (in your opinion)
» Space Marine Termie Command Squad NooB Questions

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: