Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

Mark of a Hero Guidance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IceMage88
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Wed May 08, 2013 11:45 pm

Hello, hopefully you all will be able to answer a few of my questions and help me achieve what I am planning to. First off, my goal is to complete mark of a hero, with only high rank equipment, and without the use of slime. I almost solely lance and will not likely feel comfortable enough using another weapon type for this fight.

My equipment is full Barroth S gemmed for: attack Up(L), defense up(S) and guard +1. So far, in my few attempts I have used the Spear of Prominence. The reason for this is that I want to get ivory lagi out of the way as fast as possible so I will have enough time to kill brachydios after it beats the azure rathalos to death. However, I usually cart once before killing the lagi, and it takes an average of 17 minutes when I'm playing really well. This is bad because the times I have killed it, there is only 33 minutes left, and at 24 minutes left(around when I've normally carted another time) the rathalos isn't dead and I try again. Since brachydios takes no fire damage, I don't feel as if he will die in time and I have to start over. Is there another lance you suggest? I was thinking the toxic javelin as it has only slightly less raw and can poison. The paralysis and sleep spears don't seem to have enough raw without G rank stuff to be useable and the elements don't have a common weakness between the lagi and the brachydios. Does poison do enough % damage to still kill the lagi quickly but also kill the dios in time?

On top of that, rathalos is being a big problem for me. From what I understand, you stand with rathalos between you and dios, but they are both very mobile monsters. Often rathalos is by a wall and being between it and dios means being right up against the wall. I end up having to turtle there with the two of them and after blocking several hits can't see because of the camera and take a hit, leaving me in a bad spot. How long should it take for dios to kill him? Is there any way to avoid getting put against a wall without waiting too long? With the damage I have, even while playing well, I don't exactly have the luxary of time.

TLDR:
Will the Toxic javelin be better, or worse, than the spear of prominence?
How long should rathalos be taking to die? How do I avoid getting walled to death.

Thanks for any help you are willing to offer me.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 1:20 am

Use slime weapons and bombardier. Make sure brachy is enraged and that los is in the middle of you and brachy and watch him get pummeled to death. Afterwards just spam w/e traps you still have to kill brachy. I'd also advise having cap guru to shorten the amount of time you're fighting.
Back to top Go down
IceMage88
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 1:38 am

Thanks for the reply Haruno, but as I've stated, I'm not willing to use slime. I haven't yet, won't now, and never plan to.

I'm more interested in how the poison works, and if it would allow me a faster combined kill time for the I.Lagi/dios than the spear of prominence would. Any other advice is extra.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 1:49 am

Oh whelp didn't read that part. Honestly poison isn't that bad. It'll help abit. Probably for you I'd just get w/e the best water lance you have access to. Try to kill i lagi asap to get more time against los + brachy.

Get cap guru
Bring mats to make max pots
Bring flashes

Other than that it's learning how to be agressive enough to win.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 2:09 am

I did it with agna U armor with jhen GL. the set gives you guard+2, guard boost, and speed sharpening. when i finish the quest i got about 8 mins to spear. Good luck hunter!
Back to top Go down
MHAEL
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 10:44 am

The biggest fight in this is patience. I haven't completed it yet and I only try it once a day or so because I get so angry ( i know childish) - but I don't want to be angry so I just play it - study the monsters and then when I die... i turn it off and take a cold shower.

i almost beat it... but i got sloppy and died and ran out of dash juice and forgot traps like an IDIOT!!!

anyhow - be patient. Try and get brach to kill A.Rath and you'll be golden.
Back to top Go down
s k i e s
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 12:03 pm

You should definitely invest in supplementary items.

Unlike yourself, I cheated a bit. I went ahead and got myself a full set of Wroggi X and completed the quest with the Elder Mount GS (not fully upgraded). I did, however, bring a bunch of supplementary items to back me up, traps (1 pitfall 1 shock, 2 trap tools, 2 thunder bugs), mega dash drinks, ancient/max potions, and of course potions, honey, mega potions, and tranqs.

Rely on your shakalakas, give at least one of them the ultimate mask. This keeps I.Lagi off your case (brachi and los too).

To answer your question, I personally think the toxic javelin will be much better than spear of prominence. As you said, brachi takes little to no fire damage, and most of the damage you'll be dealing between the two would be brachi. For the second half of the fight, I advise you to just drink your dash juice run around a bit and let them hit each other. Flash bomb los when you get the chance, if he is in the air, and wail on him a bit. When he falls make sure you're position so you can see brachi. Kind of just use los as lure when he's in that fallen state. Pretty much rinse, wash, repeat from there. As for me, brachi killed los with 13 minutes left in the quest. Afterwards, I killed brachi with 3 minutes left on the clock. So it might be a close call on your end too.

Anyways good luck, hoped this helped~
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 12:36 pm

FYI, different fonts dont make you look cool

I would suggest using the biggest weapon you have, and ganking them. I also suggest getting some G Rank armor if you have gotten to G rank online (which I would suggest).

Bring everything you have and kick their ass. Bring mats for additional traps and make sure you have everything you need, ancient potion if you die, blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
s k i e s
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 3:11 pm

@Vortiene wrote:
FYI, different fonts dont make you look cool
By all means I am aware of this. I format my post to personal preference not only to font, but color too. I do not see why you needed to comment on such an irrelevant thing. I personally do not understand why you would even bother post this other than wanting to "start" something, make yourself look "cool", or better yet using your older member status to get away with anything. The rest of your post lacked relevancy, infact, it seems you added it just to "cover up" this one statement. If a feature/function is available for use on a forum, then why not use it? Because everyone isn't, therefore I shouldn't? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Moving on,

@Vortiene wrote:
I would suggest using the biggest weapon you have, and ganking them. I also suggest getting some G Rank armor if you have gotten to G rank online (which I would suggest).
If you read the opening post, he clearly stated that he wanted to complete the quest using high rank armor, and high rank armor only. He also set parameters of what weapons he would be using.

@IceMage88 wrote:
First off, my goal is to complete mark of a hero, with only high rank equipment, and without the use of slime. I almost solely lance and will not likely feel comfortable enough using another weapon type for this fight.
@IceMage88 wrote:

TLDR:
Will the Toxic javelin be better, or worse, than the spear of prominence?
How long should rathalos be taking to die? How do I avoid getting walled to death.
So why would you suggest something, that the opening poster would not consider? If you're going to stoop to a level of point fingers at my post, then you're argument already lost.

@s k i e s wrote:
Unlike yourself, I cheated a bit. I went ahead and got myself a full set of Wroggi X and completed the quest with the Elder Mount GS (not fully upgraded). I did, however, bring a bunch of supplementary items to back me up, traps (1 pitfall 1 shock, 2 trap tools, 2 thunder bugs), mega dash drinks, ancient/max potions, and of course potions, honey, mega potions, and tranqs.
This was simply but an anecdote of my experience. There is no "forceful" opinions for him to follow what I exactly did; however, he may feel free to accept parts of my opinion but not the entire thing wholly.

"If he can accept parts of your opinion, then he can do the same thing with mine too"
Yes and no. Yes, for the fact the rest of your post is a summarized version of previous posts and my own. There's no subsistence, or helpful opinions regarding the topic. No, to the fact you're suggesting for him to do something he is not planning on doing to begin with.

I understand you are an older member of the forum, it is clear by your post-bit data; however, as an older member of the forum I believe you should take more initiative of not riling up trouble. Sure I could have not replied to you and ignored the fact you tried to call me out; however, same goes for you. You could have ignored my "font" and either contribute to the topic or leave the thread. If you did not mention the styling of my post what so ever, then I wouldn't have replied to begin with. As an older member of this forum, you should have at least be familiar with the rules. Maybe you should refresh yourself with them:

If my post stylizations irks you, then simply over look it. It's not harming anyone. Here's an example of that.
I have no intentions of making "enemies" on a forum such like this one. I would like to contribute to threads in a peaceful and respectful manner, and I would appreciate if you did the same.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 3:27 pm

TL;DR, I said one thing about your font, no need to write an essay. Don't get so crazy walloftexttime because of it. You are overreacting a bit.

also, to not use G rank armor in a quest with G rank damage is shooting yourself in the foot. There's no real reason to do it other than to cause yourself unnecessary pain. I can understand if he wants to, but my best advice would still be to use G rank armor.

And yes, I did add that stuff to make my post semi-relevant. There's other topics about this quest, so I merely repeated what we said on those.
Back to top Go down
s k i e s
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 5:08 pm

@Vortiene wrote:
TL;DR, I said one thing about your font, no need to write an essay. Don't get so crazy walloftexttime because of it. You are overreacting a bit.
Overreacting? Not at all. I am just elaborating what you did was unnecessary and uncalled for. You're the one who felt needed to comment about my post stylization. (Essentially starting a fire). Now that the "fire" has gotten out of control, you wish to back down by stating this? Lmao.
You know what they say,
"If you can't handle the heat, then stay out of the kitchen."

I highly suggest that you should heed the last sentence of my previous post.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Vort got trolled by a guy with a mere 4 posts. Good show mate
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 5:24 pm

i highly suggest you dont waste your time posting walls of text because at this point I can't even see the body of your posts :|
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Damn. Vort just got schooled. This is sad...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 8:43 pm

@Ares wrote:
Damn. Vort just got schooled. This is sad...

It really is. Your age is showing Vort.

Just Kidding.
But seriously, you got owned.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 pm

if you mean my age is showing by not starting a pointless argument, then yes, i guess it is. /pokr/
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 9:09 pm

@Vortiene wrote:
if you mean my age is showing by not starting a pointless argument, then yes, i guess it is. /pokr/

Uhm, you were the one who mentioned the font in the first place. If anyone were trying to start an argument, it would have been you.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 9:25 pm

wow vort just got trolled by a new-guy and got treated by a somewhat-ish-new-guy all in 1 thread?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 9:33 pm

... Okay, what the hell guys. Just, what the hell. It's a simple question and you guys have to turn it into something else because somebody posted using a different text color or font. In case you weren't aware, different fonts and colors are actualy allowed on the forum, and encouraged by myself. Even more than that you decided to mock somebody for their age, which is completely fucking unacceptable on any part of this forum, no matter what you would like to say about what they are posting. Do not, I repeat, do NOT let me catch this kind of behaviour again from you guys. This line of conversation is over and done with, and anybody else who comments about this will have their comments deleted.
Back to top Go down
Chagrilled

Thank you Points : 34

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Thu May 09, 2013 9:46 pm

remember to use the search function before making a thread, so you don't end up making multiples of the same topic: http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t9840-mark-of-a-hero
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums

Thank you Points : 21

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Fri May 10, 2013 9:57 am

Colored and different fonts are acceptable as long as they are still able to be read... Derailing threads and attacking other forum members rgardless of who started what or retaliation is not... PLease do not continue any further with off topic conversation... That's what MasterOnions basement poetry hour is for.. Thank you
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net
MHAEL
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Fri May 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Ok - here is how I beat Mark of a Hero last night.

Ate food for Thunder resistance
I had: HG Earplugs, Crit. Eye, Sharpness +1, Water attack +1, Evasion +1 and Ceeded Axe wtih HeliosZ (xwaist) gear.

I brought mega dash juice, 4 traps, and smoke bombs etc....

I was patient with I.Lagi - using evasion +1 when he swiped at me which = a lot of free hits. I would run away and let him charge me... then run to where he stopped and hit him a lot. I never used any traps on him. He died fairly easily after studying his movements in 2 previous attempts. I hit him between his legs and his stomach a lot. I found that axe mode was more useful than sword mode on my SA. I then threw down smoke bombs/drank mega dash juice

Then came Brach & A. Rathalos. I used smoke bombs and kept Brach to one side and fought him totally solo for 90% of the fight. only when I kept knocking him down did A. Rathalos see what was going on and came over to play. I stood under Brach legs and all the fireballs raining down from Rath helped me kill Brachy. My shakalaka finished brach off. I then easily killed A. Rathalos... I think he hit me once.

Was a tough fight - but much easier if you do the smoke bomb strategy, and don't have to dodge 2 G-rank mobs. PS: I used 2 traps on brachy to keep him close. Flash bombs on A. Rath.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 29

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Fri May 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Wow... congrats MHAEL... you are the first person I know of that killed off Brachy before A-Rath.

It is much simpler, as has been said before, to go after A-Rath, and let Brachy get some explosive hits in. All you have to do is position A-Rath between you and Brachy for that stretch of the fight, and whenever Brachy trips and/or knocks down A-Rath, go in for a few cheap hits until it dies; then focus on the Brachy.

As for I-Lagi, good going. Evading and getting hits in is a true showing of an up-n-coming master hunter. When you start to learn a monsters complete moveset and are able to avoid it, hunts become an exercise in flawless executions that becomes almost an artform.
Back to top Go down
IceMage88
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mark of a Hero Guidance   Sun May 12, 2013 2:38 am

Managed to complete it today. No G-rank gear. No Slime. No carts. Finished with just under 15 minutes left. Definitely felt good. Thank you everyone for your advice and suggestions. In case anyone was wondering what I used, here it is:

Neo Undertaker

Barroth Helm S
Agnaktor Mail U
Barroth Vambraces S
Agnaktor Faulds U
Agnaktor Greaves U
OOO Tali

1x Attack Jewel 3
1x Shield Jewel 2
1x Attack Jewel 2
1x IronWall Jewel 1
Back to top Go down