Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
.... Take it how you wish :)  Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
.... Take it how you wish :)  Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.... Take it how you wish :)

Go down 
+7
Win32error
Gilgames
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Yuki
Naotoxandar
dcj91x
11 posters
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

.... Take it how you wish :)  Empty
PostSubject: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:29 am

http://www.cubed3.com/news/18720/1/capcom-to-heavily-promote-monster-hunter-4-for-3ds-globally.html

Capcom Japan wrote:
As for the forecast for the next fiscal year ending March 31, 2014, we expect high profit, which are 97,000 million yen in net sales and 12,000 million yen in operating income by directing our development resources to the development of online games (mobile, PC online and downloads for consumer games), which is a growing area, and by releasing large-scale titles such as "Monster Hunter 4" and "Lost Planet 3" focused on the domestic and overseas markets respectively.

I will try to find more information and any official word from Capcom if I can.
Back to top Go down
Naotoxandar
Kelbi
Naotoxandar

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Will they close the servers and the online play on MH3ultimate like they did with Tri when number 4 comes out?
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 4:59 pm

No I doubt it 3U is being completely handled by nintendo at least with server costs. Nintendo has always kept their servers open even past a games prime. Capcom was actually paying to run tri's servers to another company not being nintendo. If I remember correctly capcom passed all their expenses to nintendo and nintendo is willing to put up the money to make games succeed
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Naotoxandar wrote:
Will they close the servers and the online play on MH3ultimate like they did with Tri when number 4 comes out?

MH4 is handheld online fully.. MH3U is console.. 2 different aspects of online gaming in a way and actually 2 different types of games that affect different crowds..

so they have no reason to shut down the servers as they did with tri..
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks for the info dcj! I'm the liaison for all MH info over on another forum I'm on, and the guys who play it over there got really happy reading this.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:25 pm

Now that they brought the online to the thread, is there any difference between how handheld online and console online is handed?
About the article: That's good news, if it was Capcom saying that then does that means MH4 will be localized? (Of course, that may just be me dreaming but it's alright to have hope)
Back to top Go down
Gilgames
Melynx
Gilgames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 3:22 am

I think this one will be localised, since it's the first of a generation and those have always been localised.
Secondly, capcom says they will heavily promote it overseas. That would be a pure waste of money if they weren't localising the game.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 8:53 am

Capcom said they were happy with sales? OH JOLLY MIRACLE.

But it's good news, the more marketing the game becomes a custom, the more capcom will treat MH in the west as a regular part of the market instead of "trying to launch the franchise in the lands of those heathens".
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:29 am

Playing devils advocate: Just remember their meaning can still be left open, CapJap mentioned 2 games, 2 regions and the stated "Respectively". This could mean a number of things due to the phrashing.

1. It could mean that MH4 will be marketed in Japan while the other game is marketed in the West.

2. Both games are marketed in both regions.

3. Some other meaning.

The fact that CapJap is actually achknowledging MH sales here in the west though and stating them as being, well as possitive as they are is really good. MHtri did well however CapJap pushed that aside and still considered it a failed game even though it did beter on a single system than most of it's other IP's on single systems.

MH3U was a big step for it to state it's sales and sucess. Let's hope that continues.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:58 am

Gilgames wrote:
I think this one will be localised, since it's the first of a generation and those have always been localised.

This line isn't true we never got MH2 that was the start of the second generation, but I am optimistic about getting MH4.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos
pumpkinslayer

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Very interesting info, very interesting indeed.
Back to top Go down
Gibgezr
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:17 am

"Respectively", when used in the context of that sentence, means "separately or individually and in the order already mentioned (used when enumerating two or more items or facts that refer back to a previous statement)".

So this means MH4 is focused on the domestic market, and only LP3 is focused on overseas. While I am hopeful that Capcom will see the error of their ways and localize MH4, I see nothing to rejoice about in this announcement.
Back to top Go down
DemonPants
Aptonoth
DemonPants

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 2:51 am

Not getting 4 would almost be silly. Since 3U is doing well, why not send the next numbered one here? Sure, we didn't get Dos, but didn't we get all the numbered one past that? Portable 3rd was kind of a weird game and honestly I think we didn't get it because we didn't need it. Though it would have been nice if it hadn't taken years to get 3U. I guess beggars can't be choosers though.
Back to top Go down
Jinathin_x_X
Popo
Jinathin_x_X

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:19 am

Lets hope Nintendo localize it fast as it can... Which is only thing they do good with new mh games
Back to top Go down
DemonPants
Aptonoth
DemonPants

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 4:19 pm

Well, I wouldn't call it fast. 3G came out years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .... Take it how you wish :)    .... Take it how you wish :)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

.... Take it how you wish :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: 3DS :: Monster Hunter 4/MH4Ultimate-
Jump to: