Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 
 

 If Monster Hunter was realistic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Wed May 15, 2013 12:06 am

First topic message reminder :

So I was wondering how would Monster Hunter would be if it was more realistic. That means that how would the MH world be if it had the rules of our world (MH world has different physics, like being able to talk underwater).
Here is an example
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Fri May 24, 2013 7:36 pm

@Oni Zelkami wrote:
@Otoshimo wrote:
gigginox & khezu would be the most assugly things ever...

But they are the most ugly ass things ever.

(Please don't correct me on that. I don't care what kind of fucked up fish or cadavers you guys can find.)

well yea,
but that's tolerable in video games, at least for me...

just try to visualize a khezu standing right in front of you in all its real life assuglyness...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Sat May 25, 2013 2:43 pm

@Otoshimo wrote:
@Oni Zelkami wrote:
@Otoshimo wrote:
gigginox & khezu would be the most assugly things ever...

But they are the most ugly ass things ever.

(Please don't correct me on that. I don't care what kind of fucked up fish or cadavers you guys can find.)

well yea,
but that's tolerable in video games, at least for me...

just try to visualize a khezu standing right in front of you in all its real life assuglyness...
Khezu and Gigginox are more like aliens imo. Is there any animal that looks like that?
Back to top Go down
Roik
Tigrex


Thank you Points : 156

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Sat May 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Just look at some deep sea creatures if you want to see messed up life.

And this was said over a week ago by 32, but Bowguns are called Bowguns because the bullets are launched by a system similar to a crossbow.

You can see it clearly on this sketch of the MH3 Rathalos Bowgun.



Last edited by Roik on Sat May 25, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Sat May 25, 2013 3:59 pm

@Roik wrote:
Just look at some deep sea creatures if you want to see messed up life.

And this was said over a week ago by 32, but Bowguns are called Bowguns because the bullets are launched by a system similar to a crossbow.

You can see it clearly on this Rathalos bowgun, from whatever game it is.



I could have kraken sworn that's from monster hunter.... but don't quote me on that....
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Win32error
Lead Admin


Thank you Points : 89

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Sat May 25, 2013 6:24 pm

Bowguns actually seem to work simply as guns, as far as i can see. The bow part is purely decorational. At least, a lot of bowguns simply lack it. You load in bullets and fire them away, doesn't seem very bow-ish to me.

As for other realism: Moga Forest would run dry of kelbi in two weeks after a hunter arrived. Turns out that critters who have received severe brain damage and got part of their pelt/horns cut off don't survive very long in a forest with a high population of reptile predators.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Sun May 26, 2013 6:10 am

@IBGenius wrote:
No more having to flex when drinking a potion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You do realize when you are drinking a potion you are drinking a full bottle of liquid, the flexing animation just replaces the look of disgust on the hunters face as he is forced to drink a full bottle of liquid, the gagging afterwards, and then putting it away.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Sun May 26, 2013 5:06 pm

Any Prey and Jaggi creature would be deadly.
"Hey Pecco, don't call Jho, wait no, don't call it! **** Pecco you want both of us dead?"
I wonder how rare Jho would be?
Back to top Go down
DemonPants
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:40 am

Well, which way are we talking about this being real? In OUR world or theirs, but with our rules? One of the things we would have to think about is how history would change if it were our world. So many things would be different. Another thing to think about, how dangerous would these monsters be? When you think about it, most monsters would destroy most of humanity before we could do anything about it. Since most monsters are territorial, there would be many that would try and take land. We would be in the way and would most likely die.

There is also the factor of how easy it actually is to make these weapons. I think good weapons would be hard to come by. You'd have to find someone who would know how to make a weapon. You couldn't just buy one and hope to do well. That is proven with how easily the weapons you can buy suck. You almost always upgrade them immediately. Then there is also how a lot of hunters would have damaged eardrums or be deaf altogether. Since it is shown that the roars are enough to hurt the hunter's ears.

Honestly though, there are enough things that would be different that we could talk about this forever.
Back to top Go down
AzureGreen
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:23 pm

I wouldn't be strong enough to lift anything but a bow...and I don't really know how to use a bow.
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Jaggi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:08 pm

@AzureGreen wrote:
I wouldn't be strong enough to lift anything but a bow...and I don't really know how to use a bow.
Don't forget that actually firing a bow can take a lot of strength as well.
Back to top Go down
AzureGreen
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:10 am

@Hawkfriend wrote:
Don't forget that actually firing a bow can take a lot of strength as well.
Oh, I know. To do anything worth it I'd need a compound bow...and those aren't too common in the Monster Hunter realm. 

I would die.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:54 am

@AzureGreen wrote:
@Hawkfriend wrote:
Don't forget that actually firing a bow can take a lot of strength as well.
Oh, I know. To do anything worth it I'd need a compound bow...and those aren't too common in the Monster Hunter realm. 

I would die.
Humans in MH are at a higher level of evolution, while Humans here have decreased in strength, in the MH world they get stronger and stronger so they can survive, we can see that this is possible because chimpanzees and other monkeys are eight times as stong as humans, while being more intelligent.
Back to top Go down
xMorningstar
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 24

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 3866 8038 1961
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:29 am

Those who wield a long sword and suck would become my next prey. The amount of times I've been knocked down.. I swear.
Same goes for the switch axe users who uppercut like a fool. Imagine getting uppercutted right between the legs. Ouch. Not gonna be an easy recovery.
Back to top Go down
AzureGreen
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:57 pm

@pumpkinslayer wrote:
Humans in MH are at a higher level of evolution, while Humans here have decreased in strength, in the MH world they get stronger and stronger so they can survive, we can see that this is possible because chimpanzees and other monkeys are eight times as stong as humans, while being more intelligent.
That doesn't mean I wouldn't die. 

Just because the humans are stronger / at a higher level of evolution doesn't mean that we, the players, are actually cut out to be hunters in a realistic Monster Hunter environment. Not all of us are as brave as we portray ourselves when we're playing Monster Hunter. Some of us truly are cowards who feel brave and strong while murdering monsters that tower above us. 

Considering this, it is very believable that I would die if Monster Hunter was real and not just a game. 

Also, consider the people who live in the villages we're hired to protect. They can't very well defend themselves. They're afraid of the preys and Jaggi. 

A fair number of the people on these forums - or who visit the wikia - are very likely to amount to nothing more than a simple villager were Monster Hunter actually real.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 am

@AzureGreen wrote:
@pumpkinslayer wrote:
Humans in MH are at a higher level of evolution, while Humans here have decreased in strength, in the MH world they get stronger and stronger so they can survive, we can see that this is possible because chimpanzees and other monkeys are eight times as stong as humans, while being more intelligent.
That doesn't mean I wouldn't die. 

Just because the humans are stronger / at a higher level of evolution doesn't mean that we, the players, are actually cut out to be hunters in a realistic Monster Hunter environment. Not all of us are as brave as we portray ourselves when we're playing Monster Hunter. Some of us truly are cowards who feel brave and strong while murdering monsters that tower above us. 

Considering this, it is very believable that I would die if Monster Hunter was real and not just a game. 

Also, consider the people who live in the villages we're hired to protect. They can't very well defend themselves. They're afraid of the preys and Jaggi. 

A fair number of the people on these forums - or who visit the wikia - are very likely to amount to nothing more than a simple villager were Monster Hunter actually real.
Yes, we would amount to nothing more than a villager if we were suddenly dropped into the world of Monster Hunter, but if we were born and raised there, it might be possible, e.g. if at a young age we were sent of to Monster Hunting school, and trained until we reach that level.
My theory is that a Monster Hunting school is sort of like a Boarding school, you're sent abroad by your rich parents, and you're taught all the skills needed to be a Hunter, but there are also Blacksmith schools etc.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4441-9127-6618
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:15 pm

Hmmmm I liken a bowgun to a .50 call machingun. There are a few that are man portable, rifle or MG. SO I could see that being realistic.
SnS of course would be realistic, even with some of the crazy designs.
I can see GS and LS being real, but would defintitly take alot of strnegth and practice.
Lance and Swax... most hammers...
In the good words of Al from Home improvment " I dont think so Tim.

My GS comparsion comes from a Ren fair I went too where a stand had Cloud's Buster sword (FFVII). weighed 45lbs. I was able to swing it, I could swing it with control.. but not very often.
Back to top Go down
AzureGreen
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:02 am

@pumpkinslayer wrote:
Yes, we would amount to nothing more than a villager if we were suddenly dropped into the world of Monster Hunter, but if we were born and raised there, it might be possible, e.g. if at a young age we were sent of to Monster Hunting school, and trained until we reach that level.
My theory is that a Monster Hunting school is sort of like a Boarding school, you're sent abroad by your rich parents, and you're taught all the skills needed to be a Hunter, but there are also Blacksmith schools etc.
Monster Hunter 1 more or less tells you that anyone can become a hunter. The game gives no indication that the character has done anything more but tell the elder that they would like to become a hunter. Thus, the village elder teaches him / her how to cook, hunt, and other things necessary to be a hunter. 

In fact, the hunting school seems to be nothing more than a place to practice your skills if you want to. 

No one in the village or guild hall ever indicates that there is a special school that hunters are required to attend to become hunters. No where in the game is it indicated, either. Heck, for all we know all you need to do is go kill a prey or Jaggi for the village elder, bring something to prove you did it, and viola, there's your hunting license. 

Nothing in the game indicates that you need to attend a hunting school to get a hunting license.


Not for sure, anyway. 

Assuming there was a hunting school, though, why would parents force their kids to go if they could afford it? No kid would go for that. Only the ones that wanted to be hunters would even give a damn.

Why are we assuming that only the rich can attend a hunting school? As far as I'm concerned the rich are the ones who want the hunters to protect them. Heck, many a quest are from rich folks who don't know the first rule about hunting. They just want the pesky critters killed, or for you to get some Wyvern / Herbivore eggs. 

Considering this, the rich would be the last place to look for future hunters. It seems more like something the poor or middle class would want to do. After all, they would be the ones who would need to work harder. They would be the ones who would be stronger. The rich are probably fairly weak in comparison. 

Which brings me to another thing... Let's assume that we all keep our current financial states. Again, most of us wouldn't be able to become hunters by your theory. (I call it a theory because there isn't nearly enough evidence in the game for me to believe that people pay to go to a hunting school.)

Then there's the fact that in Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd - and probably others - the village elder tells you where the hunting school is for if you want to practice or learn. They don't force you to attend it. You can opt out of it from the very beginning, even if you don't know what you're doing, by simply lying and stating that you are not new to the game. 

Then we go to Monster Hunter Tri / Tri Ultimate. You arrive on an island known as Moga Village. Here, the elder and his son teach you how to hunt and fight monsters by what they know. Even the Guild Girl gets in on it once you've gone through the first half of the tutorial. She states, very bluntly, that you are not skilled enough to take on the Lagiacrus. This indicates to me that the hunter you're playing as has not attended any kind of school for hunters. To me this further backs up the idea that you can simply state that you would like to be a hunter. 

The Guild Girl of Moga Village even states that the Guild is watching over what you're doing. Rating you. Seeing what you are capable of. Doesn't this indicate to you that, perhaps, you're training on the job? It seems to me that they didn't even know you were capable of slaying a group of Ludroth, let alone anything much bigger. Hence why they watch from their balloons, observe how you do, and then decide whether or not you are ready to take on a higher rank of quests. 

Assuming this is true and you do train on the job, that means that there are many hunters out there either still fighting preys and other small fries without getting better, or being replaced due to lack of improvement.

Were there actually a hunting school I doubt they would have to test you like this.

Were there actually a hunting school I doubt the village elders would give you tips on how to hunt, cook, etc. 

This further backs up my argument that many - if not all - of us on these forums would not be capable, by any means, increased strength and abilities or not, of hunting small monsters, let alone giant monsters.
Back to top Go down
LadyLunastra
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): America

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:26 pm

Surfing, or well. "Cruising" in a boat during a sandstorm on the desert would be somewhat hard. I also feel like pulling yourself up a rope while being dragged over hot sand would prove to be difficult as well. :O
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 281

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:45 pm

everything in mh is difficult
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
AzureGreen
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:42 pm

@LadyLunastra wrote:
Surfing, or well. "Cruising" in a boat during a sandstorm on the desert would be somewhat hard. I also feel like pulling yourself up a rope while being dragged over hot sand would prove to be difficult as well. :O
With some of the women's armors it would be a little painful, too. They don't exactly cover the most, sometimes.

Oh, and the sand in your face getting in your eyes and choking you.

Wouldn't be my thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: If Monster Hunter was realistic   Today at 3:46 pm

Back to top Go down
 
If Monster Hunter was realistic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» If Monster Hunter was realistic
» Monster Hunter Freedom Unite- Diamyo Hermitaur shell break
» MONSTER HUNTER 2 (PS2) ONLINE
» Monster Hunter Tri Weapon Calculator
» Yamatsu's Monster Hunter Frontier Hunts! [HR22 Dyuragaua video added]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Start Here: Welcome to the MHWikiForum :: Monster Hunter General talk-
Jump to: