Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

A reason to dislike capcom....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: A reason to dislike capcom....   Thu May 16, 2013 9:31 am

why is there no monster hunter merch in the west,you need to import it for rediculous prices.....like the monster hunter figure builders for example....if they were available in my area id snag them in a heartbeat....does capcom plan on doing this?because its kind of a crappy idea that they had there "lets make resident evil merch readily available for anyone" but in reality they would sell more mh stuff because of its more iconic mascots...plus cats.voice your anger in the following posts!
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: A reason to dislike capcom....   Thu May 16, 2013 11:21 am

@laoshanicrus wrote:
why is there no monster hunter merch in the west,you need to import it for rediculous prices.....like the monster hunter figure builders for example....if they were available in my area id snag them in a heartbeat....does capcom plan on doing this?because its kind of a crappy idea that they had there "lets make resident evil merch readily available for anyone" but in reality they would sell more mh stuff because of its more iconic mascots...plus cats.voice your anger in the following posts!

Resident Evil is much more popular than MH in the west. There would be as many buyers if yet were to release the MH merch over here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Win32error
Lead Admin

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: A reason to dislike capcom....   Thu May 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Unless a game is really popular, it's a big risk to sell merchandise in a region. There's a lot of MH merch in japan because it's also REALLY big over there, while MH is only somewhat popular over here. Aside from that, i feel like japan is a lot more interested in gaming merchandise (same goes for anime/movies/whatever) than the rest of the world, but i don't have any numbers on that.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: A reason to dislike capcom....   Thu May 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Lao, have you checked out the CapcomUS store lately.. It's a slow start but with the 3DS/XL cases it's something.. Also, you fail to realize that a lot of the products like the figures and books and stuff are not directly from Capcom. Though a Capcom liscence all the items are often made by a seperate company. In most case with MH it's a japan owned company. For us to get these items here in the west a Western company would need to requier the product agreement from Capcom and distribute it here.

But.. those companies need to approach Capcom first. So at the moment your .. Upsetness is missguided.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: A reason to dislike capcom....   Thu May 16, 2013 11:44 pm

Resident Evil indeed more popular in the west, because we all know how cool shooting zombies is, everyone does it. Call your neighbor and he/she already had shoot a zombie before. Cats? Psssst, they are supposed to be MEMES! And with Resident Evil being famous for shooting (zombies but you also did shoot people at some point) and MH being incredibly famous there in japan along with other cuddly anime things aren't we reinforcing stereotypes?
Back to top Go down
Ximnic the hunter
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: A reason to dislike capcom....   Fri May 17, 2013 2:10 am

You have to understand, Monster Hunter JUST got a name for itself in the west in the last couple of years with Tri being the first real hit over here. I don't remember exactly where but I did read that they are currently testing the western waters to see if it will really take hold here. From the looks of things it's not doing to bad. Give it a few more years and you may start to see some merch at local nerd hangouts.
Back to top Go down
DemonPants
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: A reason to dislike capcom....   Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:46 am

Look at how much merch we get for anything. 99% of the merch that is made here sucks ass and is meant for a five year old who doesn't care if the only thing it does is move it's arms or legs. Would you really want Monster Hunter figures that would be awful? I'd rather pay for the ridiculous prices for quality than readily available crap that America likes to make.

I'm not just ranting either, I work at Toys R Us. I see really bad toys everyday. I can't quite get why we don't try and make better toys for collectors. Hell collectors figures are just overpriced crap with no accessories or decent detail. 

I'm also not going to beat a dead horse over the whole popularity thing. In time we might get some MH stuff but who knows? Honestly we probably won't see anything besides some shirts at Hot Topic or something. Though, I have heard rumors that Gamestop is going to start stocking Figmas, sure they'll be $50 but that's about what you'd pay online. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll eventually get MH stuff. Just don't get your hopes up.
Back to top Go down
Rowiehz
Melynx

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: A reason to dislike capcom....   Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:11 pm

Actually... a game store in my area sells Monster Hunter figures. Picked up a few from the Figure builder series.

However, those are still imported. It'd be nice if we had some originally localized stuff yeah. I'm just lucky with the figures I managed to get, but importing is mostly the only way (And so expensive to ship!)

And I gotta agree that toys in the west look like shit. But hey, why would they make it beautifully detailed? kids will buy anything, right? Sadly, they are the priority of the sales when it comes to (most) toys
Back to top Go down
http://rowiehz.tumblr.com/
Jinathin_x_X
Popo

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: A reason to dislike capcom....   Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:22 am

Even anime north doesn't have MH stuffs. West will never get those mh cloths, dolls, etc sadly Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
Kofius
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: A reason to dislike capcom....   Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:28 pm

Thats not capcom's fault
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: A reason to dislike capcom....   Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:12 am

@Kofius wrote:
Thats not capcom's fault
Please be aware of the date of some threads you are replying to as the reply you are posting may not be relevant due to the long time that has laps since the thread was last active. Unless you are able to provide new, relevant information it is sometimes best not to reply to threads that have not been active for a while.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A reason to dislike capcom....   Today at 10:27 pm

Back to top Go down

A reason to dislike capcom....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1