Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
And people wonder why I hate kids.. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
And people wonder why I hate kids.. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

And people wonder why I hate kids..

Go down 
+18
Roon
Phazon Xenomorph
RDC
Ataraxia
MHAEL
Andy124
PAiN---
haruno
Ares
dcj91x
Archie
Martoboyo
Yamatsu
Yuki
Oni Zelkami
Antari18
zeek
Hiname
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hiname
Kelbi
Hiname

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Germany

And people wonder why I hate kids.. Empty
PostSubject: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:53 am

A little bit of context.

Yesterday a friend of mine and her child paid me a visit because they haven't "seen me in forever". Now thats generally not a big deal, though she insisted to bring her brat along.. a small boy by the age of.. something between 8-10 perhaps.

And since that little *beep* appearently could not bare the fact that his mother was not paying attention to him 24/7, he was making his best effort to change that. So eventually ma friend asks m, if "I would let him play with one of my nintendos".. I politely tell her thatmy currently only game for the console is monster hunter and that it's not exactly for kids. She laughs and tells me that it is fine, "it's not like they're real or something."...

So me, not being the person to talk into how other people raise their kids, fire the console up. I try my very best to keep a friendly face. I create a new character with him, explain the basic controls and then leave him to it. We're still in thee same room just a few large steps away, after all.

I excuse myself ~2 hours later to prepare dinner. My friend offers me to help, but I decline and tell her that it is fine, I prepared most of it beforehand and it's just a few minutes of work to get it together and put it in the oven.

After they leave in the evening, finally I must say, as Im somewhat of an introvert who can't be in company of others for too long without needing a break, I sit down, take a break and fire up MH for myself.

Only to find my game save gone.

Replaced by a new character.

My female archer, 350 hours game time down, replaced by an utterly hideous, male character with a big greatsword.
Mind you, the game save I made for the little *beep* is still there.

So I grab my phone and send my friend a text, very politely asking if she saw what happened there.

She calls me back and after a few words then asks her son, out loud so I can hear it myself on the phone why he did this.
Let me quote for you, word for word, how this conversation went down.

Friend: When you were playing at Akki's place, did you do something to her game?
Kid: Hmhm. I made her a new character.
Friend: And why did you do this?
Kid: 'cuz bows are stupid and girls can't hunt dragons!

I never wanted to strangle someone that badly.

Needless to say, She doesn't even consider punishing him for anything. Because "he hassn't done anything worth punishing him for, he thought he'd do you a favor."

I might b overreacting here, but Im still possitively boiling with rage and hope I'll ever get my hands on one of this little shits memory cards for his consoles.
Back to top Go down
zeek
Melynx
zeek

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:03 am

Oh my sweet Cthulhu.. There would be BLOODY MURDER if that had happened to me!!..
I motion that the kid goes to the stake lol!

But.. maybe it's a sign?
New beginnings, new ideals etc.

Sorry to hear about that, I'll go get the fuel for the stake burning. /no/
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:53 am

Hiname wrote:
Friend: When you were playing at Akki's place, did you do something to her game?
Kid: Hmhm. I made her a new character.
Friend: And why did you do this?
Kid: 'cuz bows are stupid and girls can't hunt dragons!

Can't agree more! Smart kid!

TrollJho

No seriously never let child goof around with your console/game. Save file in MH is like a treasure to me and i'll never hand over the game or console even to my own kids. Unlike many ppl think, it's not a toy.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung
Oni Zelkami

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:41 am

I'm sorry about your loss and that sucks big time, but I have to say. That's fucking hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:01 am

I feel your pain being an older sister. My younger brother has deleted more save files than I can count. Sadly most were end game or new game+ I never let younger children handle gaming consoles without some sort of supervision just to avoid something like that.

I may love my brother but doesn't mean I don't hate him sometimes for doing something like that without my permision. Now that he's a bit older now he understands better but still I wouldn't trust him enough with MH that and he is a bit young for it.

Lol what upsets me more like with you is that the parents don't do anything in terms of discipline. They are like oh they are young and don't know what they are doing or they meant well. Shouldn't they have been under your supervision? I know I am not a parent and can't relate to them, but still it is frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:27 am

Wooow that sucks blank

Had a couple of save loss moments myself over the years, like losing a day of nonstop Borderlands 2 gameplay, and accidentally deleting my Final fantasy XII file (55 hours played or so).
Had to give up my Tri G file too but I was fine with that since Tri U is a more enjoyable game, being in english and all.

Thankfully at this point my siblings know not to delete a save file on my games, so I'm on good terms with them /sly/
But 350 hours? Can't even imagine how I'd react to that, I think I'd lose all incentive to play 3U for a loong time.

No offence to her, but imo your friend really should've paid more mind to her kid in the first place, videogames aren't a babysitter. All I can really say is good luck on getting back your progress if you plan on it, losing progress can be devastating. "It's only a game," sure, but you worked hard for that progress...
Good luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:34 am

That's when you say he isn't allowed in your house! How about you tell your friend that you spent 350 hours on that game and your little idiot just deleted them! /roll/

Or you could go to his house and release all his pokemon, see how that feels.

My response to seeing a file deleted would have been..."out, out of my house, both of you"

no questions asked

/sly/

Only save loss I can recall are on pokemon games, where my silver version can't hold a save any longer because of the ridiculous game time i had on it. I didn't mind cause i liked starting new games on that one.

The other case was fire emblem radiant dawn where i got to the last boss and it was impossible for me to beat it with the characters i had, so i started over from the beginning. Was my own choice though /wink/

One time I had JUST finished 100%'ing windwaker and i ended up deleting it somehow in the menu. Felt so stupid, but was like oh well, time to play the game again! /yes/ woohoo!

Not to mention yesterday i almost sold my +3 edgemaster charm...that wouldve been a riot.

Last edited by Vortiene on Thu May 30, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Martoboyo
Aptonoth
Martoboyo

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:07 am

I remember something like this happening to me. My little sister wanted to play Pokémon Silver, and I said ok. She wanted to have a Chikorita though and I had chosen Cyndaquill, so I allowed her to start over, IF she would never use that button (SAVE button, I named it and pointed at it). So, about half an hour later, I go and check on her. She handed me my Gameboy. I turned it off. A few hours later a wanted to play. So I turn the game on. And there it was... A save file, 4 minutes of gametime.
500 hours of gameplay. 24 Pokémon at level 100... Nearly all Pokémon caught. Gone.
I nearly killed her, not kidding, I nearly strangled her to death. She said she forgot she wasn't allowed to touch the SAVE button. I was like, how can you forget something I told you like 10 times in a row after 4 minutes. Worst part was: my parents sided with her, telling me that it was my own fault, I knew the risks. They even punished me, grounding me for a week.
About 2 days later, my parents suddenly found their tv destroyed. Gosh, I wonder how that happened. Hey, don't blame me, they knew the risks :evil:
Got grounded for a month and they took my Gameboy for a week, but it was totally worth it. Sweet sweet revenge
Back to top Go down
Archie
Melynx
Archie

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:42 am

Martoboyo wrote:
I remember something like this happening to me. My little sister wanted to play Pokémon Silver, and I said ok. She wanted to have a Chikorita though and I had chosen Cyndaquill, so I allowed her to start over, IF she would never use that button (SAVE button, I named it and pointed at it). So, about half an hour later, I go and check on her. She handed me my Gameboy. I turned it off. A few hours later a wanted to play. So I turn the game on. And there it was... A save file, 4 minutes of gametime.
500 hours of gameplay. 24 Pokémon at level 100... Nearly all Pokémon caught. Gone.
I nearly killed her, not kidding, I nearly strangled her to death. She said she forgot she wasn't allowed to touch the SAVE button. I was like, how can you forget something I told you like 10 times in a row after 4 minutes. Worst part was: my parents sided with her, telling me that it was my own fault, I knew the risks. They even punished me, grounding me for a week.
About 2 days later, my parents suddenly found their tv destroyed. Gosh, I wonder how that happened. Hey, don't blame me, they knew the risks :evil:
Got grounded for a month and they took my Gameboy for a week, but it was totally worth it. Sweet sweet revenge

Thats actually quite evil of you... *slow clap*
Back to top Go down
Martoboyo
Aptonoth
Martoboyo

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 12:09 pm

Archie wrote:
Martoboyo wrote:

Thats actually quite evil of you... *slow clap*

Hehe I did have some serious anger issues as a little boy
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 12:25 pm

When you spend many... many hours with the same character (even in a game) you can't help but begin to feel an attachment. Especially after years of playing the same series. Eventually it becomes an onging relationship that you carry on through many adventures and though their appearance may change along with the game, it is eccentially the same person you have developed an attachment to. When something happens to them and they are brutally murdered by some child who feels no remors and their parent allows this crime to go unpunished... you must take matters into your own hands.

Hiname, you stated that this boy.. thing is around 9 years of age.. that means you must start now.. You must adopt or find a little girl around the same age.. Train her get her close to the boy.. he will hate her at first but over the years he will fall in love with her.. they will grow closer.. you will teach her everything she must know to make this happen. Keep him wanting though. Introducing him to other males who will be his life long best friends.. Take all of them away from him but one.. they will all die horrible deaths.. car accidents, murders.. he will be there to watch.. but one will always be there for him and the woman he loves... Until he walks in on them together... When he asks her why... Why.. She did this to him... She will remind him of the time he was 9 years old and killed your Monster Hunter Character.. and he shouldn't be upset anyways because Women don't do stuff....

Spoiler:

either way.. Luv ya and good luck starting over.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 12:32 pm

A few years ago (before I played mh3 fortunately) I let my neighbors play on my wii. Somehow in that time they managed to format the console ._.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 2:13 pm

Ouch sorry for your loss. I really don't know what to say... But we'll if you need any help getting back ill be here to help.

As for me personally since I'm actually paranoid with my game save if anyone wants to play mh on my wii u I first back up the save on my 3ds and/or my laptop. Then I make a new wii u character on the mii plaza so instead of the standard Kasumi mii they see some no name mii. Then they log on using that no name mii and see a totally blank save file to play.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 2:55 pm

dcj91x wrote:

Hiname, you stated that this boy.. thing is around 9 years of age.. that means you must start now.. You must adopt or find a little girl around the same age.. Train her get her close to the boy.. he will hate her at first but over the years he will fall in love with her.. they will grow closer.. you will teach her everything she must know to make this happen. Keep him wanting though. Introducing him to other males who will be his life long best friends.. Take all of them away from him but one.. they will all die horrible deaths.. car accidents, murders.. he will be there to watch.. but one will always be there for him and the woman he loves... Until he walks in on them together... When he asks her why... Why.. She did this to him... She will remind him of the time he was 9 years old and killed your Monster Hunter Character.. and he shouldn't be upset anyways because Women don't do stuff....

Spoiler:

either way.. Luv ya and good luck starting over.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/last_game/v00/c001/

Lolol
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 4:04 pm

Sorry to hear about that. Like haruno said, anytime I let anyone touch a game that I have a lot of work on, I always back it up. Especially monster hunter. go on his file, kill it while using a bow, take a picture and send it to the kid "whos laughing now"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 4:28 pm

he is:

Spoiler:

.... I'm pretty sure it's happened to us all... umm the data thing not the thing on the video..

anyways.... I have a post on here somewhere ... change that I have 2 posts on here one where my Wii dies and I couldn'd play my tri character any more.. finally got my Wii fixed and was able to play it until I got my wiiu and after transfering my wii data to my wiiu.. found out my first 3 wiiu's were faulty and had to get new ones.. lost all my wii data.. all 6 years worth to include all my tri data... if it wasn't for 3U about to come out I might have taken it harder.. only murder a few people. could have went much worse... am I right!
Back to top Go down
Andy124
Jaggi
Andy124

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Add another manga to my long list...Anyways...To bad about about your data man.
Back to top Go down
MHAEL
Aptonoth
MHAEL

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:28 am

buy a 3DS and back up your game.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:51 am

^ Does it work like that? 0_o Even so, its a lot of money to ensure a freak circumstance doesn't occur.

Holy hell though, I would have flipped some serious shit if that had happened to me. Worst part is, the mother is clearly on a very different way of thinking, and no matter what will always believe that its just a game, regardless of how many hours you put into it.

If you ask me its a pretty dick move bringing her son with her to begin with. He doesn't know you, has no reason to think he'll ever be coming to your place regularly (especially not now I imagine, huehuehue...) and so will be bored out of his mind regardless of anything going on around him. His mother should have known that considering she's his damn mother and arranged for someone to take care of him...
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:49 pm

Coming from a parent, shit happens. Ya, it sucks, but regardless of how much time you put into a game, it is just that. A game. I wouldn't punish my own kids if they did it to me. If I don't take the necessary precautions and allow anyone of any age to use it, I'm putting my characters life in their hands. And what is the mother, who probably doesn't play, going to punish her kid for? From her perspective, all he did was mess up a video game. Which is exactly what happened. The game itself is not broken. It's certainly not worth physical violence or destruction of property as someone else posted. Hell, I wouldn't even bother calling them to find out what happened or why they did it. I can assume that the kid erased it and it happened because they are a kid, Just like all of us have been at one point. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the frustration that comes from losing a saved game file. I would not be happy if my son erased my Xenoblade file (yes, I'm still working on that game. 102 hrs in and counting.) Just swear under your breath and go about your day. Having your friend punish her son does nothing to fix your game except quell your own anger. Next time, don't let him play. Anything else is an overeaction.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:36 pm

Honestly, and I kid you not on this, I have no concern over laws on something like this Hina.

I would have slapped the kid right across the face then throw him and his mother out of my place and told them they are no longer welcome. I would also slap the worthless mother across the face and told her that video games are not babysitters and that she needs to pay more attention to her child, as well as that she needs to beat out his forming sexist views of females.

Then again I'm a rage filled man at stupid crap like this and I have no tolerance for ignorance in any form. And yeah I don't care if "it's just a kid" which I know someones gonna make that reply. I kid you not I was far smarter and more mature when I was that age. I used to play games in school from 2nd to 5th grade in my classroom that had save files for everyone, and not once did I ever erase anyones save file. That child you mentioned is just plain stupid and pathetic.

You don't touch what isn't yours...EVER! You don't go rooting through someones stuff EVER either (I've heard stories from my friends about others kids going through their personal possessions, often finding their rather well hidden "adult toys" if you catch my drift). These are the first lessons every parent is supposed to ingrain into their children, especially when visiting others. I never ever had a problem obeying others rules and not touching their stuff.

When I hear stories like yours Hina it makes me full of rage at how stupid parents and children today are, and I have no tolerance for such stupidity. Parents, control your damn children. You reproduced and created the little spawn, now deal with it.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:15 pm

dcj hugs nova and touches what isn't his..... <---- Sounds much worse than it's men.. who am I kidding sounds exactly like it's ment to....

Though I don't suggest EVER touching or harming someone else child physically... Emotional and verbal damage is perfectly acceptable to both them and the child. You may practice on RDC.. he can handle it.

Ummm... probably shouldn't get into a whole parenting thread.. I liked the sad stories about the games we've lost better...
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:57 pm

I would always tell friends who want their kids to play my Monster Hunter games no. I've invested way too much time to have a little brat undo everything I worked hard to get. If the parent whines about it I'd tell them to chill and leave my stuff alone.
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:39 am

If you can't handle your game being erased without raging, then your life is going to suck when something that is really important gets destroyed or erased.

How many times does someone (dcj) say its just a game? It is. Get over it and move on with your life. I'm not minimizing the value of the work you put into the game. I appreciate that. But seriously, violence towards, yes a kid, for erasing game data is a ridiculous overreaction.

And not to make this more about parenting, but become one before telling others how to deal with their "spawn". You'll find that it isn't that easy all the time. Regardless of how mature you were as a kid, you weren't perfect. That's what being a kid is all about. I find it amazing that people can say "control your kid" when they have little control over their own anger and rage. Everyone in the world annoyed an adult at one point when they were a kid. Just ask one of your teachers. I'm not harping on anyone specifically here. It's a common issue that is brought up typically between parents and non-parents.

And I'm off my soapbox.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:25 am

I agree with you for the most part. I just don't belive it is a non-parent and parent issue because some parents are stupidly strict x.x Like mine xD well they had to be with how bad I was I used to be a naughty naughty child u.u
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And people wonder why I hate kids..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next