Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 7 Logo311

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeSearchRegisterLog in

SSB WiiU/3DS update

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 7 Empty
PostSSB WiiU/3DS update

Well.. the new Super Smash Brothers game.. they decided to remove story mode and cutscenes from the game.

What had happened was someone stole/acquiered copies of early video of several of the games cutscenes and uploaded them to youtube and other internet sites.

The games creator, Masahiro Sakurai, said this in response “Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet. You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cut scenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I’ve decided against having them.”

it seems they decided to remove the mode more because they wanted it to be a reward and felt "the reward" they were giving to people was taken away from them after working so hard on it..

It seems .. odd however and may not be what it appears as I find it difficult to believe that something that has been such a big [art of the series would just be removed.

On the same note however it would allow the series and games to focus more strictly on the fighting elements and become more of a straight fighting game then it has been in previous incarnation.....

What do you all think? would they really remove story mode and cutscenes and if they do would you rather see SSB as a full blown hard core fighting series?
Back to top Go down

Similar topics

-
» Update 10 o.O
» iOS6 Update Issues
» FYI: New CB11 and Gui12 update
» Immortal 2012a - new update
» LEGO Dimensions Update
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

SSB WiiU/3DS update :: Comments

Oni Zelkami
Re: SSB WiiU/3DS update
Post on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:54 am by Oni Zelkami
Sakuari... what have you done?

SSB WiiU/3DS update - Page 7 U3y4f65
Chipou
Post on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:01 am by Chipou
3rd party trophies because why not. It also means I can finally get a phoenix wright and poogie trophy so I'm game..
Post on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:08 am by Guest
inb4 COD trophy
Oni Zelkami
Post on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:53 am by Oni Zelkami
Ridley got rekt. But I swear to Medues if Lucina is a clone of Marth...
TKMT
Post on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:27 pm by TKMT
@Oni Zelkami wrote:
But I swear to Medues if Lucina is a clone of Marth...
Looks like it.

And I wouldn't be surprised. We DO have Toon Link, still...
Oni Zelkami
Post on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:37 pm by Oni Zelkami
Son of a Griffin, I think you're right. All the shit they added in Awakening, and Lucina doesn't even have the excuse of having a different hit box of the character she's a clone of. Let alone that calling herself "Marth" serves absolutely no purpose.
Chipou
Post on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:13 pm by Chipou
It could be entirely possible that shes an alt costume of marth...I mean her thing did have a !?. But regardless, its been a good day so far. Also gematsu leak had some credibility taken away today, he called shulk being called today and earlier in the lists said it was going to be chrom.
Oni Zelkami
Post on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:07 pm by Oni Zelkami
She has her own character page on the website. I have no problem with Lucina as a character. I much prefer her over Chrom. If it turns out she's a complete clone though, then it'll be a huge waste of potential.
Sai_
Post on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:42 pm by Sai_
@Chipou wrote:
It could be entirely possible that shes an alt costume of marth...I mean her thing did have a !?.

That seems impossible. The "!?" is an interrobang; it just adds literature excitement. If she was an alt costume, Marth's character slot name would have to be renamed to be organised. If you say, "Maybe her name will appear if you cycle through the costumes." Bullshit. Might as well have the entire SSB4 cast into one slot where you can just cycle through that one character's slot to pick any of the current 37 characters, and their other colored costumes.

She will just be a Marth clone that's faster, and from the looks of it, more Melee related. This implies she will be better than Marth.
Chipou
Post on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:19 am by Chipou
Poor girl isn't even listed as a newcomer on the main site atm.

@Sai_ wrote:
This implies she will be better than Marth.
Just like in the actual game.
TKMT
Post on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:01 am by TKMT
@Sai_ wrote:
She will just be a Marth clone that's faster, and from the looks of it, more Melee related. This implies she will be better than Marth.
That also depends if she's good at spacing like Marth. No tip of blade power, no go.
If she's like Roy......
TKMT
Post on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:18 am by TKMT
POTD: "Pic of the day. Along with Robin, Lucina joins the battle!! Her physical ablilites are identical to Marth's--it must be in her D.N.A. However, where Marth's power is concentrated in the tip of the sword, Lucina's attack strength is balanced throughout the weapon, which might make her easier to control. She's also a little bit shorter than Marth."

"With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually."

Welp. Clone confirmed. Not an alternate skin confirmed.
Sai_
Post on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:29 pm by Sai_
@TKMT wrote:
@Sai_ wrote:
That also depends if she's good at spacing like Marth. No tip of blade power, no go.
If she's like Roy......

Well, this is SSB4 we're talking about. I am not too worried about Lucina not having the tipper advantage. I haven't played the demo, but the game looks awfully similar to Brawl, so Lucina's speed will compensate for not having tipper damage. As for Marth, looks like all of my hopes playing with him are crushed Sad by vort
TKMT
Post on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:56 pm by TKMT
@Sai_ wrote:
@TKMT wrote:
@Sai_ wrote:
If she's like Roy......

Well, this is SSB4 we're talking about. I am not too worried about Lucina not having the tipper advantage. I haven't played the demo, but the game looks awfully similar to Brawl, so Lucina's speed will compensate for not having tipper damage. As for Marth, looks like all of my hopes playing with him are crushed Sad by vort

Yeah, from all the reports, he's lacking air game due to severe landing lag, and he can't strike a forward air twice in one short hop.

At least his good focus of distancing from an opponent is still good, with the whole Tip of blade being powerful and stuff.
With Lucina's power balanced all around her range of attacks, and Marth's power is centered at the tip of the blade, I truly believe what Sakurai says about Lucina being easier for players to control. Marth's power must be deadlier than Lucina's whenever you connect the tip of blade.

Now, hopefully Marth will be improved in other areas now that his air game has been nerfed.
Sai_
Post on Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:43 pm by Sai_
Looks like the speed mechanics are slightly faster than Brawl if Marth can't Fair twice in a short hop. Brawl, you could do like a million moves in the air and still have time to land. Robin looks like the kind of character competitive players will use to keep consistent damage from long range.
dcj91x
Post on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:45 pm by dcj91x
The Entire Roster For Smash Bros. 4 Will Be Revealed on August 12
Oni Zelkami
Post on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:52 pm by Oni Zelkami
By the CouCou toy company or whatever? I believe they didn't quite reveal everyone. All the hidden characters were unknown until release day. New reveals are still nice though.
dcj91x
Post on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:00 pm by dcj91x
Actually that was posted by nintendo.. I just was too lazy to post any more than that one line explaining any more.
TKMT
Post on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:56 pm by TKMT
I doubt that they will announce every character.

Maybe unveil the starting roster and stages, but not everything...
MetaMarx
Post on Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:52 am by MetaMarx
Went to Comic Con and played a bunch of this game. I can already tell that I will definitely use Mega Man as a main. Unfortunately, most people just used Link and Little Mac. No love for Olimar Sad by vort

Also, to people who said ZSS is bad now, ZSS is awsome. Controlling her feels so great, and the jet boots are awesome.

Shirts were also handed out. You had to win Smash Run, which gave you a ticket, and turn in the ticket for a 4 player free-for-all. If you won the free-for-all, you'd get a shirt. Smash Run was easy to win since you were pitted against CPUs, but people were so goddam blood-thirsty for those shirts. In the free-for-all I was put in, some guy was a really poor sportsman and trash talked me through all of the practice round calling me "gay" and "pathetic." I just kicked his ass with Mega Man in the official round and took the shirt. His face was priceless.

Literal words he said: "Oh of course I lost, I was fourth player!"

Important: One of the employees running the Smash Run stations looked like Gabe Newell
Oni Zelkami
Post on Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:57 am by Oni Zelkami
@MetaMarx wrote:
Important: One of the employees running the Smash Run stations looked like Gabe Newell

Half-Life 3 and Home Depot confirmed playable.
TKMT
Post on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:45 pm by TKMT
@dcj91x wrote:
Jumping back to this topic:

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/07/corocoro-changes-their-statement-only-showing-revealed-characters/
dcj91x
Post on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:52 am by dcj91x
@TKMT wrote:
@dcj91x wrote:
Jumping back to this topic:

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/07/corocoro-changes-their-statement-only-showing-revealed-characters/

No big suprise there... it seems like nintendo keeps revealing something new daily anyways so it's difficult to keep up.

I guess until the game is actually released on both systems we wont actually know what all is actually there.
TKMT
Post on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:42 pm by TKMT
@dcj91x wrote:
I guess until the game is actually released on both systems we wont actually know what all is actually there.
The article claimed that they were going to show all characters and stages for the upcoming Smash Bros. for 3DS.
They later reworded themselves because it was interpreted as a big leak for the game's stages and characters. Now it appropriately says that they will be showing off everything that we currently know.

Characters on the 3DS version and Wii U version are unified, meaning: All the characters on the 3DS version are on the Wii U version. This supposed leak was a big deal to everyone, and it's certainly not something we could figure out when both system versions are released. Neither are the announcements of 3DS stages siince both version's stages are different.

But yes, you're right: we won't know what's all there until the Wii U version comes out.

Side Note:

You know, it's funny... Most leaks for this game want to use the Wii U version as a reference, even though the 3DS version is MUCH closer to completion... I'd imagine a leak form Smash Bros 3DS would be far more believable than a Wii U leak.
dcj91x
Post on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:24 pm by dcj91x
Smash this go round is quite and.. "Odd Duck". With both versions there will be quite a few suprises. Sure the characters will be the same but with so much else being different between the 3DS and WiiU it will still almost be as iff you are playing two entierly different games. The games looks will be different in several ways, the more cell shaded, 3D outlined look of the 3Ds versus the HD beauty of the WiiU... The small portability at Starbucks of the 3Ds or the 60inch home comfort of the WiiU. The stages and song choice of the 3Ds or the stages and increased songe selection of the WiiU. The 3Ds and the option of the slide pad control or the WiiU with gamepad controls, WiiMote and nunchuck, Procontroller, or the new Gamecube Controllers?

and what about the Amiibos?

TKMT, you said that most leaks come from the WiiU version even though the 3DS version will release a month or two sooner... well as much fun as the 3Ds version is going to be and as much as it will offer the WiiU version will offer that much more in some areas. I think overall it's just those cool little extras.. Now when they leak the streetpass features and AR features of the 3Ds.. please let me know Yes by vort
Post  by Sponsored content

SSB WiiU/3DS update

Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Things we do when not hunting :: Passing the time when not on MH :: Non-MH Games and Gaming-
Jump to: