Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Gold Crowns Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Gold Crowns Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gold Crowns

Go down 
+2
Sai_
Verity19
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

Gold Crowns Empty
PostSubject: Gold Crowns   Gold Crowns Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 5:39 pm

I've been working on trying to get both the award for small crowns and the award for large gold crowns for all monsters that you can get them for, but as of recent I've been having no luck with it. I've found that "Bad, White, and Blue" has a chance for Great Baggi crown(s), but I've been having no luck with that quest, either, on earning size crowns. If you see any monster(s) on my current list and have an idea on quest(s) I should try for them, please let me know! All recommendations will be considered, along with appreciated, especially if you know you can get a size crown from it!

Spoiler:

Also, this is for the MH3U game ;)
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

Gold Crowns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Crowns   Gold Crowns Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Getting Gold Large and Small Crowns is extremely easy. Go find an Advanced Quest that has at most 2 innately large monsters such as Rathian, Rathalos, Uragaan, Agnaktor, etc, that doesn't have same species monsters, e.g, Raging Queens has 3 Rathians. Once you clear the quest, check if the first monster is a Gold Crown. If you got a Gold Crown, do not save and return to the tavern. Quit the game without saving. This will give you a monster size-seed.

This seed is used in RNG algorithms to create a monster with a percentage size. For example, if you completed Power Couple, you can see the first monster of the quest is Pink Rathian. If you can a Gold Crown Large on that Pink Rathian, your seed would be roughly 125-130% size modifier. If you get a Gold Large Small, your seed would be roughly a 40%-50% size modifer.

The importance of these seeds and not saving is that you can exploit these seeds to force-spawn a Gold Crown monster. If you already had a Gold Crown Large Pink Rathian in this analogy, you'd ask, "if only I would've gotten a Gold Crown Large on a Rathalos instead of a Pink Rathian." Well, you can do exactly just that! Why waste the seed on a monster you already have a Gold Crown for? Just don't save after you clear the advance quest, and quit the game without saving.

The next step is to go back to your file, go to the tavern, and select a single monster quest; in this analogy, we will choose a Rathalos. Since the first monster of "Power Couple" is a Pink Rathian and we got a Gold Crown Large seed from her, that seed will now be used to force a Gold Crown Large Rathalos! Complete the quest, save, and now you have a Gold Crown Large Rathalos added to your list.

Then, repeat the process of picking another advance quest, hope that the first monster is a gold crown, and then pick the monster that you truly want to be a gold crown.

Note: not all seeds work for all monsters, so if you don't get a gold crown by using a seed, try it on another monster by completing the quest, not saving, quitting without saving and returning to the tavern to select another monster to use the seed on. This only works with G Rank.
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

Gold Crowns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Crowns   Gold Crowns Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Sai_ wrote:
Getting Gold Large and Small Crowns is extremely easy. Go find an Advanced Quest that has at most 2 innately large monsters such as Rathian, Rathalos, Uragaan, Agnaktor, etc, that doesn't have same species monsters, e.g, Raging Queens has 3 Rathians. Once you clear the quest, check if the first monster is a Gold Crown. If you got a Gold Crown, do not save and return to the tavern. Quit the game without saving. This will give you a monster size-seed.

This seed is used in RNG algorithms to create a monster with a percentage size. For example, if you completed Power Couple, you can see the first monster of the quest is Pink Rathian. If you can a Gold Crown Large on that Pink Rathian, your seed would be roughly 125-130% size modifier. If you get a Gold Large Small, your seed would be roughly a 40%-50% size modifer.

The importance of these seeds and not saving is that you can exploit these seeds to force-spawn a Gold Crown monster. If you already had a Gold Crown Large Pink Rathian in this analogy, you'd ask, "if only I would've gotten a Gold Crown Large on a Rathalos instead of a Pink Rathian." Well, you can do exactly just that! Why waste the seed on a monster you already have a Gold Crown for? Just don't save after you clear the advance quest, and quit the game without saving.

The next step is to go back to your file, go to the tavern, and select a single monster quest; in this analogy, we will choose a Rathalos. Since the first monster of "Power Couple" is a Pink Rathian and we got a Gold Crown Large seed from her, that seed will now be used to force a Gold Crown Large Rathalos! Complete the quest, save, and now you have a Gold Crown Large Rathalos added to your list.

Then, repeat the process of picking another advance quest, hope that the first monster is a gold crown, and then pick the monster that you truly want to be a gold crown.

Note: not all seeds work for all monsters, so if you don't get a gold crown by using a seed, try it on another monster by completing the quest, not saving, quitting without saving and returning to the tavern to select another monster to use the seed on. This only works with G Rank.
Definitely sounds like something I need to do... Keep getting good crowns on the wrong monsters, so I'm sure I can put this into action.
Thank you for the advice! Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
PerfectHeaD
Bnahabra
PerfectHeaD

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

Gold Crowns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Crowns   Gold Crowns Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:18 pm

Does this work by doing quests with monsters that are sure to be big?

ex: Giant Rust Duramboros.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

Gold Crowns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Crowns   Gold Crowns Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:01 pm

PerfectHeaD wrote:

no as these have fixed sizes. you can only do this with random sized monsters
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

Gold Crowns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Crowns   Gold Crowns Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:
PerfectHeaD wrote:

no as these have fixed sizes. you can only do this with random sized monsters

So would this mean that non-Advanced quests can also be used to gain a crown? Say, a G-rank mission that puts you against a Rathian that gives you a crown, then using this to attempt to get a crown for another monster?
I'm sure Advanced quests are highly recommended, but I just want to make sure, just in case such a situation occurs.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

Gold Crowns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Crowns   Gold Crowns Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 2:04 pm

i'm not sure, i haven't tried this out
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Gold Crowns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Crowns   Gold Crowns Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 2:07 pm

Sai_ wrote:

.. I get it, overall it's the same as charm snipping or other game mechanics.. but overall isn't it just a waste of time and a lot of lost data. I guess I can see people doing this if all they care about is gold crowns but still... a lot of wasted time and effort IMO.
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

Gold Crowns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Crowns   Gold Crowns Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:
i'm not sure, i haven't tried this out
'k, then I'll stick to Advanced quests for now to be safe, unless I team up with someone (unless they want to do Advanced).

If anyone figures this out, I would love to know! If I figure it out, I'll make sure to share the results

dcj91x wrote:
.. I get it, overall it's the same as charm snipping or other game mechanics.. but overall isn't it just a waste of time and a lot of lost data. I guess I can see people doing this if all they care about is gold crowns but still... a lot of wasted time and effort IMO.
Seems like it would be otherwise, but I'm one of those award-hunting people, along with having no one to team up with right now in my spare time, so why not?
If it isn't a gold crown, I just save and keep going with earning HR points. Won't have a new quest to distract me for another six ranks anyway.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

Gold Crowns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Crowns   Gold Crowns Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 3:18 pm

dcj91x wrote:
It's not really for people that only care for crowns, it's just the best and easiest way to get the crowns you need for the awards.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Gold Crowns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Crowns   Gold Crowns Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 3:53 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
dcj91x wrote:
It's not really for people that only care for crowns, it's just the best and easiest way to get the crowns you need for the awards.
..best is a mater of perspective...
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

Gold Crowns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Crowns   Gold Crowns Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 6:51 pm

You can use non advanced quest, but advanced quest just have a higher chance of having gold crown monsters appear.

Gold Crown sniping isn't even a waste of time. It clearly amplifies the time of getting Gold Crowns. You're not getting a Gold Crown as fast as doing a random advanced quest and using that seed to force a gold crown. Comparing charm sniping to gold crown sniping is like comparing infinity to the integer 5, respectively; your chance of sniping a gold crown is clearly higher than sniping a specific charm out of thousands of charms; you can't trade a charm you don't want for a charm you want unlike using monster size seeds, where you can use it for a different monster. Not a waste of time in anyway.
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

Gold Crowns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Crowns   Gold Crowns Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Sai_ wrote:
You can use non advanced quest, but advanced quest just have a higher chance of having gold crown monsters appear.

Gold Crown sniping isn't even a waste of time. It clearly amplifies the time of getting Gold Crowns. You're not getting a Gold Crown as fast as doing a random advanced quest and using that seed to force a gold crown.

I thought they would be the recommended way to go if other G quests worked, though it is a relief to know non-advanced can work, too. Thanks again! Yes by vort

True, I'm sure this method is much faster than what I was doing, simply taking advice of a quest having a chance of giving a gold crown and repeating it over and over, which was to no avail. I mean, the Lagombis were giving all the crowns, and they were only silver large and small ones, when I was after Great Baggi ones :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gold Crowns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Crowns   Gold Crowns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gold Crowns
Page 1 of 1