Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Arko Tri Y Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Arko Tri Y Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arko Tri Y

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Arko Tri Y Empty
PostSubject: Arko Tri Y   Arko Tri Y Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 7:15 pm

As the topic name states we're here to debate on Arko Tri Y usability.

Spoiler:

As you can see on the video above you can get some great results with this bow. Notice that the only offeisive skill he has is element atk up (thunder atk+2).

I spent few days on testing different sets, tactics with this bow. As you probably conclude it's power lies in high element value, so the main dmg source is element. It's raw is just medicore.

I made few testing sets, trying to boost maximum dmg input with skills:

I.
Focus
Challenger+2
Pellet/Spread up
Thunder Atk+2

II.
Weakness Exploit
Challenger+2
Thunder Atk+2
Pellet/Spread up

III.
Use Power Coat
Challenger+2
Thunder Atk+1
Pellet/Spread up

In the wole process i come across some not wide knows facts. For instance Focus is pretty much useless with this bow because you should mailny use lv2 charge (L3 Spread). Lv3 and Lv4 charges are easily outclassed by Oppressor's Answer and fail to apply element that fast. Lv2 charge is fast enough on its own so Focus looks like not necessary here as oppose to all general (and not only) bow sets. With this in mind I decided to focus my efforts on making 4 offensive skills. Since our main way of dealing dmg is element Thunder Atk+2 is a must to maximize elemental dmg.

Despite amazing 460 thunder element Lv2 charge is only Spread L3. It's not as near as good as Bamboo Kaguya L5 Spread on Lv2 charge. I found it really hard to stagger monsters aspecially Gold Ian. I even try using Arcus Whitebolt L5 on lv4 charge to see the difference but the results were even worse...

Arko Tri Y also lacks Power Coating. Since as we stated above its selling point is element, is it that much dealbreaking? As far as I know power coatings doesn't boost elemental dmg. So the elemental part of the arrows won't get any buffs from it. I made one set (III.) with Use Power Coat skill with sacrifice of Thunder Atk+2. The results wasn't that great and the main reason for that is probably lower amount of thunder element on bow.

So here's the deal. Should I drop Use Power Coat and go for Weakness Exploit/Thunder atk+2 or is it not worth it and using Power Coatings outdamages it?
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

Arko Tri Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arko Tri Y   Arko Tri Y Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:09 am

It's crazy that before I saw this thread I was thinking today about the possibilities of this bow. Too bad I don't have any good talismans to make some good sets.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Arko Tri Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arko Tri Y   Arko Tri Y Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 5:06 pm

I used Gigginox Z armor with that bow. Vs the Savage Deviljho's tail, it worked wonders. If you have evasion +1 and Tremor Res. gemmed into that set (and as long as nobody cuts the tail) you can kill/cap it really fast. Only problem is, the Savage Deviljho's tail is really weak to thunder, meaning it won't work nearly as well on other monsters.

The video is blocked for me, but if it's the one with Muffin using the Arko Tri (Y) against the Savage Deviljho, then you can see where I got the idea to use Gigginox Z armor with that bow against the Savage Jho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arko Tri Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arko Tri Y   Arko Tri Y Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arko Tri Y
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: