Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
2014 Video Game Awards Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
2014 Video Game Awards Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2014 Video Game Awards

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

2014 Video Game Awards Empty
Post2014 Video Game Awards

So here is how it all ended up:

Spoiler:

There have been many different opinions about this years game awards some negative and some possitive but that's pretty much how it always is.

For those who didn't get to see the show on Friday (streamed through all videogame systems) The show opened and closed with Nintendo and had several Nintendo moments in between.

One of the biggest moments of the show (according to most sites) was the play fottage shown for The New Legend of Zelda WiiU game and the Zelda music ending with Imagin Dragons.

Many other game reveals and updates were shown as well:

Spoiler:

The full show can be seen here:

So what are your thoughts on the Winners and what was your Favorite part of the show?

Out of the new video's shown which game are you looking forward to the most?

Personal thought:

It seems there is no lack in shotters coming out and one of the things that "annoyed" me the most is that again as with pretty much all the other shows this year Sony left out the Vita. No game advertisements and not really even a single game for it nominated in any catigory.

As far as Game of the year I really thought Middle Earth or Bayonetta 2 would take it but can't complain too much as Dragon Age isn't that bad of a game.

Most confusing though it a mobile card game (free to play with pay to win content) beating out Smash 3DS?? Also I didn't know GTA5 was a remastered game?

I do know one forum member who is probably already standing in line to be the first to get his hands on the new Godzilla game.

Anyways that's my thoughts what'd you all think?
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Share this post on: reddit

2014 Video Game Awards :: Comments

MetaMarx
Re: 2014 Video Game Awards
Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:34 pm by MetaMarx
The show was 3 hours of really boring stuff. Good thing I was watching people riff on it as some form of entertainment. The entire show should have Roberta and Ken Williams, Miyamoto and Aonuma sitting in chairs, and Tim Schafer owning celebrities. The only musical performances should have been LASER HARP and Koji Kondo owning Imagine Dragons.
MHWF
Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:50 pm by MHWF
^ Would have been much better.

The other "Musical" acts were not very interesting IMO.. Especially as the choosen game songs seemed a little.. umm what's the word? boring..

and Connan o'Brian or whatever his name was revealing the GotY nomanies was not funny.
MetaMarx
Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:05 pm by MetaMarx
"Bayo's butt amirite"

Nice original joke Connan
Tomderdepp
Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:31 pm by Tomderdepp
i just like that nintendo won Fighting Game and Sports Game, like the two things (except for shooters) that wouldn't make you think of nintendo. though at least Smash kinda was a given. also kinda surprised they nominated both games, but fine with me.
Hearthstone has been pretty popular and seems pretty fun so why not...
Shovel Knight not much of a surprise...
also kinda interesting that Disney Infinity and Skylanders got nominated.

do i remember this wrong or was Witcher3 most anicipated game last year too?
MHWF
Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:51 pm by MHWF
^ you are correct.. it's the last award mentioned in the spoiler above.

I'm not so sure on a lot of it though as several of the games nominated and listed had problems on release and many complaints from players. To name a couple, destiny and dark souls 2 but apparently other developers and industry game people are the judges for the awards and it's based off of what their exspectations are and not those actually playing or buying the game..
Tomderdepp
Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:58 pm by Tomderdepp
MHWF wrote:
^ you are correct.. it's the last award mentioned in the spoiler above.

no i meant if this is the second time it won this award. somehow i remember it being mentioned as most anticipated game some time back. on second thought it might also just have been some article about E3...
MHWF
Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:04 pm by MHWF
possibly..

I'm most anticipating Xenoblade X though.. (I'd say 4U but it's already out in Japan and most of it is known.. so not really eligable.)
Post  by Sponsored content

2014 Video Game Awards

Page 1 of 1