Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4Udemo - Demo experience Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4Udemo - Demo experience Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Demo experience

Go down 
+17
anduin55
ZeroRyu
Roon
Ataraxia
dcj91x
Verity19
BoredForLife
Tomderdepp
Raptor98
Antari18
MHWF
MetaMarx
Yuki
Phazon Xenomorph
TKMT
parasky
GobulHunterJames
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

MH4Udemo - Demo experience Empty
PostSubject: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 4:59 pm

#MH4Udemo

So I got the dl code for the demo in Europe, after trying it out, I've noticed some weapons I used to be good with, I'm not doing that well, either because of the new terrain or changes.

For one, the bow now changes between Aim mode with X and you charge shots with R, after using the bow on MH3U so much I keep confusing the buttons. I have notice that instead of Arc shots you have power shots, after fully charging and firing a normal shot, pressing A will fire a power shot right after it.
The Sword and Shield also doesn't do the leap and is instead a running slash, which looks awesome but offputs my timing.

Now one weapon, the Switch Axe, I think as been improved, it plays largely the same but the sword mode X combo has an added quicker slice to it.
I love the Charge Axe, but the Insect Staff I'm not so fond of, I need more time with it to get accustomed to it.

I've yet to try out any of the other old weapons for their changes, but I'll be doing that soon enough.

Also you can fight the Gore Magala in the demo... It's a tough lizard.

I know the demo isn't out in USA yet, but I do hope that NoA gets on to that ASAP.
(Please don't hate me, I just wanted to share my experience with weapon changes D: )
Back to top Go down
parasky
Jaggi
parasky

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 5:15 pm

This demo was such a nice surprised. I don't like the new weapons although I think that they will grow on me.

One thing that put me off a bit was how the c stick doesn't navigate menus anymore. Seems a bit awkward.
Back to top Go down
http://parasky.tumblr.com/
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 6:49 pm

One thing I found very amusing is in the Gore Magala fight, you have 2 Felynes with you. Their team-up is called "Flying F-Bomb". And that is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:07 am

OMG

That Feel when you jump off ledge with a charged hammer swing and you knock out the target monster.... Twice.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:22 am

parasky wrote:
This demo was such a nice surprised. I don't like the new weapons although I think that they will grow on me.

One thing that put me off a bit was how the c stick doesn't navigate menus anymore. Seems a bit awkward.

c stick? you have a new 3ds already?
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:24 am

Nova wrote:
parasky wrote:

c stick? you have a new 3ds already?

He imported it from australia isf I remember right
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 6:46 am

The sns's new move is amazing and I love it
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 6:54 am

Just tried the GS and LS. GS has a new attack by pressing A after a Charge2, looks powerful with a wide range, but leaves you open.
LS adds an attack after a dodge and you can also do an awesome new spirit slice after the XA dodge slice which goes straight to the 3 hit spirit slice.
When I tried the GS against Great Jaggi I finished it by climbing up the ledge in zone 8 as it was running away, I leaped off the ledge and struck it down with an airborne slash.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 9:39 am

Thanks to Meta I'm able to try the demo and did a few online hunts with him and Tom and i forget the other dudes name but it was fun. Insect Glaive is far more complicated than I had imagined it would be. Kinsect seems to wanna act dumb sometimes. I'll mark a spot for it and send it out, and it gets a different color than the spot I marked...BUG Y U DO THIS?!...but yeah this game is a LOT of fun based on the demo alone...this should be good at release.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:08 am

So, I played through every mission with every weapon last night.. The game looks amazing and the monster fights were really fun.. It does take a bit of getting use to the controlls and changes in some of the weapons. For instance the with the bow the attack button is (R) and the (X) button is aim.

Anyways minor changes aside everything seems to be pretty much an improvement. The Charge blase in AXE mode feels a lot like a GS to me, did anyone feel that way as well? The GS though seems a bit faster than previous games.

I spent a good amount of time in each mission just wondering around. The areas seem quite exspansive and being able to move to different levels in a single area makes it feel even more so.

So.. Yeah based on the demo I'm impressed and have come to a decision..

For the first time ever in a #MonsterHunter game I think I will be a female character.. The decision really came down to chooseing between zerosuit or regular samus..
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:25 am

complete every quest with sick jumps. It may look like I'm doing nothing, but I am plotting my next sick jump to dunk on monsters
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 9:05 pm

Sword has a backstep that can either charge(possibly counter?), and also restart your combo.

It can also perform attacks by rolling up a ledge, or off a ledge.
Love it.

EDIT: Why does this place have "flood control"?
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 12:07 am

^ it's really handy for adjusting your position a little bit left or right when using a roll would send you too far.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 8:57 am

After playing demo few times I realised I need to buy New 3DS XL ASAP. The screen of smaller 3DS is really tiny, I'm having trouble keeping track of my char when fighting Gore Magala. So many explosions and he's moving so fast...

Glaive is piss easy to control. After literally 1-2 uses I was collecting all 3 juices every time. I can definitely see this weapon being OP if you upgrade bug to extender and max speed. Buffs after collecting juices are insane. With max speed your bug is moving like artillery bullet. No skill dependency. Holy shit!

The main dish for me was Charge Blade. At first I have literally no idea how to use it. I had to watch few tutorials just to start using it properly. I'm still learning how to use guard points correctly. I'll probably main if for a couple quests in single. It's also super powerful, but unlike Glaive, it's hard to use. Should keep me busy for some time!

Other than that no big surprises for me in demo. I feel I know more about this game than I should. GS new attacks are super intuitive to use, I wish they give us GS with Focus in the demo but oh well. HH double note is extremally usefull, you're playing much faster now. New transition move for LS is fun to use. Hammer is strong as ever and it's a great way to have relaxing hunt after using Charge Blade, you don't have to worry about getting buffs for your weapon Yes by vort You'll start appreciate it after using CB for some time.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 9:58 am

Antari18 wrote:
After playing demo few times I realised I need to buy New 3DS XL ASAP. The screen of smaller 3DS is really tiny, I'm having trouble keeping track of my char when fighting Gore Magala. So many explosions and he's moving so fast...

Glaive is piss easy to control. After literally 1-2 uses I was collecting all 3 juices every time. I can definitely see this weapon being OP if you upgrade bug to extender and max speed. Buffs after collecting juices are insane. With max speed your bug is moving like artillery bullet. No skill dependency. Holy shit!

The main dish for me was Charge Blade. At first I have literally no idea how to use it. I had to watch few tutorials just to start using it properly. I'm still learning how to use guard points correctly. I'll probably main if for a couple quests in single. It's also super powerful, but unlike Glaive, it's hard to use. Should keep me busy for some time!

Other than that no big surprises for me in demo. I feel I know more about this game than I should. GS new attacks are super intuitive to use, I wish they give us GS with Focus in the demo but oh well. HH double note is extremally usefull, you're playing much faster now. New transition move for LS is fun to use. Hammer is strong as ever and it's a great way to have relaxing hunt after using Charge Blade, you don't have to worry about getting buffs for your weapon Yes by vort You'll start appreciate it after using CB for some time.

I'm actually finding the Insect Glaive a bit awkward to use, I'm practicing with it but I still have issues getting the bug to not derp out and go to the spot I marked to harvest juices, half the time I get red only because I'm smack infront of the monsters face (like Gore Magala) and just launch it point blank, it doesn't ever wanna give me orange when i need it (i get white) or i cant get white when i need it and get orange instead...

I feel like I'll do far better with it once we can customize it and I can increase the speed of the bug
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 10:19 am

I usually do this - if I need essences I'm coming up close (really close to monster) and just hit R+X without aiming too much. Than R+A to make bug come back to you. Eventually you'll get all essences you need. The bug in demo is too slow to get essences from long distance. Marking monsters parts with R is useless, because it's too slow, so I recommend not to use it.

In most cases Red + White is all you need so you can buff really quick. You get attack up bonus plus extended combos + speed. Of course Red + White + Orange is the best so go for that, but if you struggle to get orange it's ok to play without it.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 3:43 pm

I'm doing great with the Insect Glaive, though it is OP in the demo, especially on Tetsucabra when you can mount on most jump attacks. As far as the juices go, I learned a while back where to aim for them (thanks to GaijinHunter), so that helps a LOT. Getting those triple ups is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 4:05 pm

there's only one thing i kinda dislike about the new GS: after a Jump attack you can only combo into the heavy sidewards swing, which leaves you wide open... i know it might have been OP if you could simply start over your infinite combo, but the way it is does seem pretty unintuitive to me.

i really like charge blade iv'e always been a huge fan of the SnS and the axe-mode is pretty nice too. also getting off that final burst attack is so satisfying.

insect glaive is really interesting too and i'm staring to get more and more into it. once you kno how to get the buffs it's really fun to use.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 4:50 pm

In the forest, one of the areas with all the vines making a separate level has a huge stone structure that you can climb on. My favorite thing to do is climb atop it and try the stupidest jump attack. But one time, ONE TIME, I jumped off with a charged hammer and KO'd Gore. I will probably never get this lucky ever again.

Much like the actual game, finding reliable team mates is a chore
*rando carts twice and abandons*
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 11:27 pm

Antari18 wrote:

I didn't know you had to load the phials to the Axe mode.
I was sitting there in Axe mode not using it right, and was absolutely confused at the Sword mode bouncing off the monster at max sharpness.

Then, I guarded and pressed A... nervious
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 12:35 pm

FINALLY I got the online to play :3
The connection was great and well since this was my first time playing online mh I have to say Im pleased
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 5:04 pm

Discovered a new sns move! Doing the charge attack (x+a) or the unsheathing attack off a cliff or ledge will allow you to do an upward attack while jumping. The best part is that you can even do this up small ledges! If you get enough jump height, you can pull off two jump attacks. This makes mounting a tad bit easier with the sns than some other weapons. I discovered this while playing with Troy and was able to mount Gore while he was above one of the small ledges in the area it sleeps.
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 5:30 pm

Just got the demo onto my 3DS yesterday, so my roommate I gave a code to and I teamed up for a bit. The Great Jaggi and Tetsucabra proved to be easy for us both modes (started with beginner so I could do a quick warm-up, along with be able to check out the scenery more), but we didn't defeat the Gore Magala (tried at least two or three times). She's new to the game series when it comes to playing it, having never played before and only having heard of it, so it didn't bother me that we didn't win. Besides, it was definitely fun, and the scenery's great. Glad the controls are pretty much the same as in 3U, so I was quick to get back into the rhythm of monster hunting.

Beat Gore solo a few minutes ago, and now I'm eager to see who else has the demo in my anime club so we can all team up and try to beat it. Definitely more eager for the game to come out now than I was after watching the Nintendo Direct video now that I've played the demo Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 8:31 pm

MetaMarx wrote:
Discovered a new sns move! Doing the charge attack (x+a) or the unsheathing attack off a cliff or ledge will allow you to do an upward attack while jumping. The best part is that you can even do this up small ledges! If you get enough jump height, you can pull off two jump attacks. This makes mounting a tad bit easier with the sns than some other weapons. I discovered this while playing with Troy and was able to mount Gore while he was above one of the small ledges in the area it sleeps.
I kind of mentioned that on the 1st page. :D

TKMT wrote:

It can also perform attacks by rolling up a ledge, or off a ledge.
Love it.
Hmm... maybe not lol
I think rolling could execute the attack as well?
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 8:44 pm

^ nah. All rolling does is allow you to do a jump off a ledge with your weapon unsheathed. It doesn't work up ledges.

Finally got the timing down for the Super AED on Charge Blade and figured out you needed the enhanced element to activate it. But when I finally landed it... oh man that power. Tetsu didn't stand a damn chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MH4Udemo - Demo experience Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demo experience
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next