Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MH4U Complaint Department

Go down 
+42
TheLaw
GrashXL002
WyvernGS
RainMazerra
1bighiccup
XenonFrost
DarkFallinRain
Tirith
anduin55
Sindri_Alvanis
Antari18
Ken Kurobasa
th8827
Akai the White Lightning
A Drunk Ninja
Grapefruit
kama
Raptor98
Crystalis
Yamatsu
Azurei
parasky
E&Troy
Ataraxia
Phazon Xenomorph
MHWF
Firpi
Quentin
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Chipou
Samochan
PAiN---
yvz
InstaCakes
Win32error
Sephastus
dcj91x
Lucas
MetaMarx
Tomderdepp
TKMT
Roon
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 4:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

I figured now would be the perfect time to start a complaint thread about your experiences with Randoms as I have a complaint about them already.

Anyways, in the Demo I set up a room for Tetsucabra. I get 4 people and as I'm choosing weapons one of the people leaves booting us all from the server. I hate that!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 12:19 pm

To put it simply, I put the amount of randomness in charms and GQ weapons as "a gambling addiction", not a game. You play because you could win big. But 99.99999% of the time, you do not.

This, for me, is extremely frustrating. Fixed rate drops I can deal with, but extremely rare maximizations are something that make me put the game down in disgust.
Back to top Go down
RainMazerra
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 12:26 pm

I can see your point in how it's a gambling addiction; however, for this game, I am much more relaxed in how I approach it and I don't stress over getting some awesome charm and I won't when hunting for relics whenever I decide to do that. I let things happen as they will so I can have fun.

Yes, I would have loved more fixed drop rates, but for me on 3U, I wanted that for the constant need for Mantles and Gems. Grinding constantly for even one on that game eventually made me quit along with other reasons. 4U, well I am consistently much richer in zenny than I ever was, I am quite lucky sometimes, and I have an overall better handle on the game so I enjoy it immensely. It's possible I may eventually find something intolerable about it later on, but I am currently chilling at G3 taking my time and I am mellow. :D
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 2:44 pm

RainMazerra wrote:
XD I am glad you said "And doesn't suck" since there are many in G-Rank that don't belong, like the people that are only HR40s or 30s and G2 rank.

I'll ask you to chill there, you may not know a player's circumstances. I hit G1 at HR 17 and G Special at 29 on my second save file, that doesn't mean I'm not a masterful hunter. However, you can typically tell the difference between experts and leechers, based on their equipment. Strong weapon with great armor skills, but your HR is shit? I'll take it.
Back to top Go down
RainMazerra
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 2:49 pm

Crystalis wrote:
RainMazerra wrote:
XD I am glad you said "And doesn't suck" since there are many in G-Rank that don't belong, like the people that are only HR40s or 30s and G2 rank.

I'll ask you to chill there, you may not know a player's circumstances. I hit G1 at HR 17 and G Special at 29 on my second save file, that doesn't mean I'm not a masterful hunter. However, you can typically tell the difference between experts and leechers, based on their equipment. Strong weapon with great armor skills, but your HR is shit? I'll take it.

No, what I am saying is that there people out there at that rank and they have crappy equipment and combat skills(This has more weight than anything to me). Those are the people that obviously leech off of others hard work.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 3:33 pm

Good thing bout guild quests is that they provide challenging content after doing everything available on g3 and growing bored of it because the monsters are not all that challenging anymore. If I grinded everything I needed on mh4u and then grew bored of doing g3 stuff, that would be it for mh4u then. But no one would bother to do guild quests if they didn't also provide good rewards for your efforts, thus relics. But yea, after getting some good relics, I don't really even touch the normal weps sans my insect glaives. There's no reason to use any of my crafted longswords when I have 1122 raw damage 450 water purple sharpness LS to use. But I think of the crafted weps as ways to gear me up for guild quests and then minmax my chars via quild quests. But yea, if the rewards were easy to gain, everyone would have endgame relic gears and still not know how to use them, such as this one dude with edge+5 gs with 1,7k raw, purple sharp and loads of dragon element but comboing with said gs and not using charge attacks. It would make crafting even more pointless if you could join any 140 gq and leech off the 3 other people and get ridiculously good weps very easily by doing nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 3:41 pm

Samochan wrote:
that would be it for mh4u then.

Yes. That's what should happen. All games that are not MMOs, especially ones that I buy individually and those that continuously have sequels (MH) should have a conceivable end to the game. As a completionist, games that don't end aggravate me. They're like naruto, a series that outstays its welcome and that you wish would just end already. If you can't provide meaningful content past a certain amount of gameplay hours, then DONT. Make your gameplay consistently meaningful.

Also, guild quests should just not exist at all. They don't provide anything interesting to the game, other than weapons that shouldn't exist. The game would have been amazing without them. You grow bored of non GQs? Play a different god damn game when you finish one. MH games should have a conceivable end to weapon and armor progression, no more RNG based maybe you get something amazing gambling.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 7:45 pm

I don't really care what kind of wacky mix set you make to get what skills you want, but if your defense is shit it becomes a problem. I set up a raging brach room and someone joined with blademaster defense that was barely 100 more than my gunner defense. My gunner set wasn't even fully upgraded, but whatever I gave them a chance. We went questing and oh boy they died a bunch. Their defense was 560. That's just weird to see that at this point in the game.
Back to top Go down
WyvernGS
Kecha Wacha
WyvernGS

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 3926-4380-9866
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 5:28 pm

Why does trying to get some velociprey hides feel like trying to get some majestic horns right now Very Sad by Kasumi
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 6:24 pm

I have a silver check mark in G3 just give me the rest of the quests ughhhhh. I have nothing left to upgrade why is unlocking quests so dumb in this game.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 10:40 pm

MetaMarx wrote:
I have a silver check mark in G3 just give me the rest of the quests ughhhhh. I have nothing left to upgrade why is unlocking quests so dumb in this game.

Yea, I had silver on my g3 a while too, but then suddenly apex tiggy appeared on my list, coincidentally after I had done triple tiggy arena quest and killed my 41th tigrex. See if killing tiggies will unlock it for ye.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 2:39 am

Crimson Fatalis G Rank wiped my party out(two people) with so much bs.
Second run went with no faints, though. :D
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 3:38 am

Not really a complaint, but a story about a doofy random, so it fits this thread.

Some fresh G1 hunter joins my G3 Daora room. This isn't anything new. G1 people have joined my rooms like this before with decent equipment and they quest with us just fine, but hooo boy this guy was something else.

I take one look at his equipment and I wonder what makes him think he can handle this quest. All high rank shagaru armor with defense barely above 500 (506 if I remember correctly?). What. His weapon: high rank shagaru swaxe. WHAT. He probably hasn't touched the G1 quests.

I kick him. Since the game never tells you you've been kicked, he joins again. I kick him again. Now at this point he probably caught onto the fact that I was kicking him. He joined one last time. Now, I didn't kick him right away. I waited for him to do something. I KNEW he would do something before I kicked him again. After a couple seconds, he finally says something:

"**** u"

Then he leaves. That was his greatest come back to me kicking him. What a gem of a come back. I hope he feels so proud after owning me so hard. Ahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 2:02 pm

Hah I know right? I once kicked someone for being baddie reasons, I don't exactly remember why but obviously didn't want that guy in my room anymore. He joined again just to say "fuk u" and left. :D
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 2:02 pm

Back from vacation... did a lot with my cousin... Got my New 3DS XL "Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate" edition stolen on the plane.

350 hours+ gone forever.

Please curse out "Sephastus" if you see him online while playing... That aint me anymore. And I will never use that name in MH again.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 2:58 pm

Sephastus wrote:
Back from vacation... did a lot with my cousin... Got my New 3DS XL "Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate" edition stolen on the plane.

350 hours+ gone forever.

Please curse out "Sephastus" if you see him online while playing... That aint me anymore. And I will never use that name in MH again.

Everyone on airplane should have had their information registered on that flying company's website or very least, their tickets they purchased have had to have their real name, email and phone numbers input to be able to purchase said tickets. You also need to show your ID/pass to even get into the actual plane. Go to the police, report theft, give flight ticket and relevant 3ds information such as your friend code and such. Anyone would be capable of getting info from those people who were on the same plane as you and I am certain the flight company will assist the police on this case too.

Even better, if you actually remember anything unusual from the flight and when exactly did you notice it missing, if it might've been a person behind your seat or next to your seat, those people would be prime suspects. Such as if you fell asleep with person next to you with your 3ds on say, your lap, only way to snag it would be if you were a person next to ya or person behind you. Everything else would be easily noticed. Person behind you even has the potential chance to drag your bag from below the seat to himself and loot it, I imagine. But anyone would notice person in front of you trying anything.

Also, don't think people were screened again after they departed from flight but if they were... potential chance that the screeners might remember said individuals from above and if they had 3ds with em. Heck, flight attendants might too if said person started fidling with 3ds.

Oh and if said person tries to immediately sell it, they might try so on sites like ebay or sell it on stores like gamestop. More cross referencing if person behind/next to ya seat has suddenly acquired similar new 3ds model to yours and tries to sell it with mh4u game, that person would be immediately busted.

Also, very easily proven yours if the person doesn't have a receipt and it should have your fingerprints all over the screen lol.

Then there's social media and helpful people who might also be capable of providing a lead, such as peeps on imgur.

So report theft and don't give up hope.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 3:18 pm

Samochan wrote:
Sephastus wrote:

350 hours+ gone forever.

Everyone on airplane should have had their information registered on that flying company's website or very least, their tickets they purchased have had to have their real name, email and phone numbers input to be able to purchase said tickets. You also need to show your ID/pass to even get into the actual plane. Go to the police, report theft, give flight ticket and relevant 3ds information such as your friend code and such. Anyone would be capable of getting info from those people who were on the same plane as you and I am certain the flight company will assist the police on this case too.

Even better, if you actually remember anything unusual from the flight and when exactly did you notice it missing, if it might've been a person behind your seat or next to your seat, those people would be prime suspects. Such as if you fell asleep with person next to you with your 3ds on say, your lap, only way to snag it would be if you were a person next to ya or person behind you. Everything else would be easily noticed. Person behind you even has the potential chance to drag your bag from below the seat to himself and loot it, I imagine. But anyone would notice person in front of you trying anything.

Also, don't think people were screened again after they departed from flight but if they were... potential chance that the screeners might remember said individuals from above and if they had 3ds with em. Heck, flight attendants might too if said person started fidling with 3ds.

Oh and if said person tries to immediately sell it, they might try so on sites like ebay or sell it on stores like gamestop. More cross referencing if person behind/next to ya seat has suddenly acquired similar new 3ds model to yours and tries to sell it with mh4u game, that person would be immediately busted.

Also, very easily proven yours if the person doesn't have a receipt and it should have your fingerprints all over the screen lol.

Then there's social media and helpful people who might also be capable of providing a lead, such as peeps on imgur.

So report theft and don't give up hope.

In a perfect world, all that would work. I am pretty sure it was either one of the flight attendants or the people that inspect/clean the plane afterwards, cause I left the game in the pouch on the seat in front of me, and I remembered when I was a few minutes out from the plane. When I got back, the plane was closed to the public, and the post flight inspection had started. The lady went to my seat and it wasn't there.

I already put in a claim on the last items website from the airline I was in, but I have little hope of ever seeing it again.

Best thing I can do is forget about it altogether and focus on enjoying myself with what I have now.

"If it has a solution, why worry, and if it doesn't, why bother."
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 3:32 pm

Sephastus wrote:

In a perfect world, all that would work. I am pretty sure it was either one of the flight attendants or the people that inspect/clean the plane afterwards, cause I left the game in the pouch on the seat in front of me, and I remembered when I was a few minutes out from the plane. When I got back, the plane was closed to the public, and the post flight inspection had started. The lady went to my seat and it wasn't there.

I already put in a claim on the last items website from the airline I was in, but I have little hope of ever seeing it again.

Best thing I can do is forget about it altogether and focus on enjoying myself with what I have now.

"If it has a solution, why worry, and if it doesn't, why bother."

So air company employee might've snagged it, even easier to track down. Usually flight companies take stuff seriously, especially if an employee is snagging people's stuffs. I once boarded a plane fairly late and thus lost my luggage, reported it and it was delivered on my door next day.

However, honest people would've just grabbed it for safekeeping till the time they find the person it belongs to.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Went into a teostra quest with 3 HR 500s

One had only one skill which was latent power +2

1 also had about 400 defense (blademaster)

And one while he had an alright armour set, he missed the dragonator and demolisher in the quest and missed the cannon each time

Gotta love randomers.

Also there was one time I entered a room with my c.gore urgent back in G2. Some G3s were farming him and the host had just initiated the quest when I said "hey I need this monster for my urgent, can I initiate the quest?" and he said no. I asked him why since it was the exact same quest plus if we failed it meant no money would be lost on his side and he said he didn't care and didn't want to help me because it was his room. *sigh*

I have so many more randomer stories to tell, but I just found this thread and I'm keeping some stored.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 8:49 pm

Grash, protip: just be the first one back from the quest, and post it ez. They'll do it anyway.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:09 pm

Also, this isn't a complaint about randomers, but about capcom.

Ok, capcom, you wanna release DLC quests to us, fine. You want to give us new armour sets and weapons with those DLC quests? Fine. But PLEASE. At least make sure every monster has a G rank quest in some form before you add Gold Rathian weapons to the game where we can clearly see in-game not on the wiki or anything that we need gold rathian stuff only to realise we have to wait for DLC to come out that gives us a g rank gold rathian quest, like cmon capcom. 3 months and we have no form of gold rathian or silver rathalos to my knowledge in g rank? I know this sounds petty because we get the DLC for free, but we still have to wait to fully upgrade our weapons and such. It's ok with like star knight armour because unless you've looked on the wiki or you simply know of the armour's existence through friends or again, looking on the wiki, you wouldn't even know it was in the game, but when you can clearly see in-game you need parts that at the time are unobtainable to complete your weapon, it's frustrating.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:52 pm

I actually just spent like an hour thinking about it and I think the MH franchise as a whole need a complete re-boot. MH5 needs to completely re-define the series as a whole. Considering how the only 2 factors that attribute to the game's replayability are how it's extremely RNG focused and speedrunners (obviously) and considering how let's be honest the gameplay is getting a bit boring now no matter how much sugar coating capcom puts on it, I think we need a re-boot. Here are some issues I think need addressing:

The over-focus on RNG needs to be toned down. Fighting the same monster 50 times for one item is prominent in a lot of games, but more-so in monster hunter than any other and after 11 years it's getting stale, capcom.

Recycling the same old monsters we've been hunting for years is getting annoying capcom, most of 4U's monster roster is made up of old monsters and some of these we've been fighting since monster hunter 1 and they're getting boring, we need a complete overhaul on the monsters otherwise you're going to lose the veteran's interest.

Change the gameplay entirely, capcom. Now this one's going to be an unpopular one, but no matter how many cherries capcom puts on the rotting gameplay cake, I'm getting bored of it I really am. Whatever monster you fight it's the same old gameplay every game. Sure we got mounting and a few new comboes and 2 new weapons and.... that's it in 4U and the short-lived underwater combat in tri and 3U but that's not enough. IMO I think it's the time in the franchise's lifespan that it takes the risky move of completely departing from the gameplay roots of the series. Now I'm no gameplay design expert, don't confuse me for one, but I just think Capcom at some point soon need to overhaul the gameplay and game as a whole.

Now, realistically, none of these changes are going to be happening anytime soon. In comparison with other MH games, MH4U is doing gangbusters right now so capcom overhauling the game in MH5 seems unrealistic as it would scare off newer players. It may not happen in the next generation, it may not happen 2 generations from now, it may not be until the 7th gen that it happens, but mark my words. There will be one generation where we see a series of veterans either slowly exiting out of the series or straight up saying "I'm done" Because I don't care how much you love a game, when it's been the same core gameplay for 11 years disguised in a veil of a few new weapons and about one or two core changed and overhype in general, you will get sick of it. When you're fighting the same monsters with about 10-15 exceptions (bearing in mind we get upwards of 80 large monsters per game nowadays), you get sick of them. I know this is an extremely unpopular opinion, but I think it's going to grow on people if gen 5 doesn't do any major changes.

EDIT: I'd just like to say this is the opinion of someone who is still in early secondary (high) school so take it with a grain of salt, it's just my take on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 10:25 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:

Ok, capcom, you wanna release DLC quests to us, fine. You want to give us new armour sets and weapons with those DLC quests? Fine. But PLEASE. At least make sure every monster has a G rank quest in some form before you add Gold Rathian weapons to the game where we can clearly see in-game not on the wiki or anything that we need gold rathian stuff only to realise we have to wait for DLC to come out that gives us a g rank gold rathian quest, like cmon capcom. 3 months and we have no form of gold rathian or silver rathalos to my knowledge in g rank? I know this sounds petty because we get the DLC for free, but we still have to wait to fully upgrade our weapons and such. It's ok with like star knight armour because unless you've looked on the wiki or you simply know of the armour's existence through friends or again, looking on the wiki, you wouldn't even know it was in the game, but when you can clearly see in-game you need parts that at the time are unobtainable to complete your weapon, it's frustrating.

What's really frustrating is the unobtainable gold rathian/silver rathalos weapons are useless compared to guild quest weapons anyways.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 8:03 am

Vortiene wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:

What's really frustrating is the unobtainable gold rathian/silver rathalos weapons are useless compared to guild quest weapons anyways.

I'm still not at the point where I can reliably farm for relics since I got this game a bit later than most people here did.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 10:52 am

People need to learn when a monster telegraphs a move. Specially on Dalamadur. Big hulking beam approaching? Don't just stare at it, DIVE!
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 12:05 pm

Sephastus wrote:
People need to learn when a monster telegraphs a move. Specially on Dalamadur. Big hulking beam approaching? Don't just stare at it, DIVE!

Agreed. Although it is quite mesmerizing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Complaint Department   MH4U Complaint Department - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MH4U Complaint Department
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next