Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix

Go down 
+39
WyvernGS
Un-Tan
Chips
XenonFrost
Applejho
evahnulahm
TheLaw
A Drunk Ninja
Ken Kurobasa
Phenica
Ataraxia
BoredForLife
Kurtz
th8827
X Kitsune X
Jojozityjo
dcj91x
Lucas
Crystalis
MHWF
Antari18
TKMT
Raptor98
E&Troy
Firpi
Verity19
Azurei
Samochan
PAiN---
kama
Lagiacrus the ultimate
InstaCakes
Roon
Phazon Xenomorph
Sephastus
yvz
Quentin
Gian
MetaMarx
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Generic thread that appers in every subforum! Hooray!

Tell us about what you did in the game even if it's boring and doesn't make for an interesting post!

Did something shitty happen? There's another thread for that ya dingus!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 4:26 pm

E&Troy wrote:
I'm thinking some of this is also due to the fact that we're using female characters. They get treated quite a bit better. So when a female character with a good armor set/weapons joins, odds of getting kicked is fairly low.

I, too, have never put up with bad randoms much either. So that's nice.

oh i mean im like that to them. The others were talking of getting randoms who dont seem to know what they are doing, and i was saying i hardly ever get randoms like that lol

in other news, ive been optimizing my bows, getting the best of each element, or trying to, cant get the fire one i want cause i need regular kutku grank and i have no more quest slots for him x.x
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Firpi wrote:
So i have fought 2 S. Zin now in G rank. An out of those 2 fights i have gotten 2 skymerald (was this on purpose) and 1 umbrage.

You all recommend Zin armor in g rank?

You said you fought S. Zinogre, so I'm assuming you're asking if we all would recommend it's armor, and not the normal Zinogre's armor.

Yes. It's armor has good skills. Evasion +2 is handy for a lot of weapons, and getting +3 is pretty easy to get on it as well (Evasion +3 makes it extremely easy to avoid attacks), that skill compliments the skill Unscathed really well too. Focus is a great skill for certain weapons (e.g. GS, LS, Bow) and Dragon Attack is also good for dragon weapons.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 11:52 pm

Stygian Zinogre + Gore Magala weapon = #HighRankTheDream
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 am

I tried hunting Shah Dalamadur most of the evening, and failed miserably.

Crystalis wrote:
Stygian Zinogre + Gore Magala weapon = #HighRankTheDream
In my experience, the S.Zinogre weapons outshine the Gore line of weapons in every way. Raw, Elemental, and slots.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 5:10 am

By the time you get all that rare stuff for the Stygian Weapons you're already in G rank and it doesn't matter much anymore considering how annoying it is to have to grind for every single upgrade for those lines.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 10:37 am

S zin looks nice. Evasion and focus with swax. sounds good. Unscathed will never get any use though.

So I decided, today i am gonna put my sword to the grindstone and get my G2 keys DONE!

*Makes a list of all the keys*
That's alot of keys..... 11. Dang.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 1:29 pm

Firpi wrote:
S zin looks nice. Evasion and focus with swax. sounds good. Unscathed will never get any use though.

So I decided, today i am gonna put my sword to the grindstone and get my G2 keys DONE!

*Makes a list of all the keys*
That's alot of keys..... 11. Dang.

Have fun with that...

Well, I just solo'd an Apex Seregios (it's such a pain solo'ing these monsters) for my last Conq. Seal. Once I got it, I upgraded my Seregios LBG to the Vayu Sedition and gave it a Life Hone. I'm now kicking more high rank tail than ever before.

I realized that I'm going to need two Seregios GS. One with an Attack Hone, and one with a Life Hone... That will be fun. -_-
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Well... Just soloed Gogmazios with 1:43 secs left. Didn't use that big cannon (haven't unlocked the fuel), and didn't use any Ballistas (Just those things on the ground when he flew up to the air). O... and no Carts.

I shouldn't have doubted myself... I soloed up to now, and had to do all other urgents alone, might as well have done this one alone too. But I guess all the other attempts with randoms did teach me what NOT to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 3:05 pm

Sephastus wrote:

I shouldn't have doubted myself... I soloed up to now, and had to do all other urgents alone, might as well have done this one alone too. But I guess all the other attempts with randoms did teach me what NOT to do.

Good job

but all i can think is "waste of time", i never solo stuff simply because i don't want to spend 50 minutes getting something i could get in much less.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 3:29 pm

Sephastus wrote:
Well... Just soloed Gogmazios with 1:43 secs left. Didn't use that big cannon (haven't unlocked the fuel), and didn't use any Ballistas (Just those things on the ground when he flew up to the air). O... and no Carts.

Awesome!

Gives some of us others unlucky in the realm of online, some hope.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 4:35 pm

didnt really get to hunt much due to emotions, but i got to help a local friend get to g3 and the help of master and his friend who just made everything nice and easy, which was great.

hopefully i can hunt more today, if i can push past the emotional turmoil.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 5:29 pm

Vortiene wrote:
Sephastus wrote:

Good job

but all i can think is "waste of time", i never solo stuff simply because i don't want to spend 50 minutes getting something i could get in much less.

Actual waste of time: over 14 attempts at Gogmazios , 3 successful and none mine... at over 15 minutes an attempt, that was a good 3 1/2 hours wasted. If I would have done it solo from the get go, I would have probably been doing other stuff...

But, I don't think any of it was a waste, because even in failure I was having fun. I wasn't getting frustrated (much), and the elated feeling I get from soloing something without overpowered gear is definitely worth those "50 minutes". Heck, I think I get less enjoyment out of movies... and I positively love some movies.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 1:16 am

I'm tempted to just help you clear your Gogmazios urgent because of that large bad luck streak you got.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 4:54 am

Sephastus wrote:
Vortiene wrote:
Sephastus wrote:

Good job

Actual waste of time: over 14 attempts at Gogmazios , 3 successful and none mine... at over 15 minutes an attempt, that was a good 3 1/2 hours wasted. If I would have done it solo from the get go, I would have probably been doing other stuff...

But, I don't think any of it was a waste, because even in failure I was having fun. I wasn't getting frustrated (much), and the elated feeling I get from soloing something without overpowered gear is definitely worth those "50 minutes". Heck, I think I get less enjoyment out of movies... and I positively love some movies.

This is why the game is a pain in the ass to play, endgame is impossible enough that randoms can't possibly do it, and doing it solo takes ages. So you might as well throw it across the room instead of doing anything.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:16 am

I don't usually have too many problems with randoms, I'll get a great room probably 2 out of 3 times... unfortunately, that's because I'm picky with who I'm playing with, so finding that room in the first place might take 10-15 minutes...
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 11:01 am

Got a great room, and this time, was able to do several quests in very little time, even a quick Gogmazios that netted me 2 wartorn dragonsphires!, One quick Chameleos later and I got a Lrg Elder Dragon Gem from a tail carve, and was able to upgrade the Gog GS to max (Natural purple sharpness with a sleep component and very high raw).

After that room disbanded, I decided to see what soloing with my new weapon was like, and did a Zinogre... poor thing didn't see it coming. It went Frenzied, I put it to sleep, applied the wystone, and lvl 3 to the head for an insta death in under 5 minutes. :-D (Ok, it was a High-rank Gathering Hall Zinogre, but still, that is wicked fast hunt).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Crystalis wrote:
so finding that room in the first place might take 10-15 minutes...

that's what I mean
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 4:09 pm

It official. I am admitting that G2 maybe my Proverbial Wall.

G2 seems to be as far as I can get on skill. Even in good teams I am the weak link that will cart 2/3 times. I find most of the time I am healing or using my dusts and powders to heal others, I am setting both traps and make two more, bring the flash bombs. Just so I feel like im not leeching.

BUT

It appears if I want out of G2 I'm gonna need someone with strong shoulders to carry me. I am not proud to say it, but I do have to admit it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 7:47 pm

Firpi wrote:
It official. I am admitting that G2 maybe my Proverbial Wall.

G2 seems to be as far as I can get on skill. Even in good teams I am the weak link that will cart 2/3 times.   I find most of the time I am healing or using my dusts and powders to heal others, I am setting both traps and make two more, bring the flash bombs. Just so I feel like im not leeching.

BUT

It appears if I want out of G2 I'm gonna need someone with strong shoulders to carry me. I am not proud to say it, but I do have to admit it.

how much defence do you have
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 9:15 pm

In G Rank, you should make a new set of armor each level, because G1 armor won't be good enough for G2, and G2 is not good enough for G3.

For me, I have been hunting... stuff. Mostly easier monsters, trying to unlock more titles.

I find it physically impossible to find/make a Kirin Acquisition room... People either immediately leave when they see that it is not Three Virtues, or post Three Virtues, even though my quest is already up. I want the gold crown sizes!
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 11:59 pm

@Firpi: I was stuck there for a while as well. Its hard to get good armor to then start work on your "real" endgame sets. I suggest you spend some quality time in the dunes on that nighttime gathering quest. Get some heavy and strong armor spheres and max out your defense. For me, 650 defense works well enough that I stay alive without difficulty, unless I get combo'd. 600 is pushing it for me.
Mostly I feel its a waiting game looking for the opening to get your hits in. It takes a lot longer that way though and the G quests are really made for group hunting...

Today I finished my kushala gunner armor. I gemmed in load up and stamina recovery up and I can't wait to use it with my sergios bow. I also needed diablos hardhorns to upgrade some stuff. It took about 10 quests but then I got 3 all at once. Yes by vort
Now I need to find more bows that benefit from load up and critical element.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 6:49 am

Found i had a very nice +7 hearing +8 Expert O charm. I'm off to make a hunting horn set with the seregios horn, that has Attack up L, evasion +2, horn maestro, HG earplugs, and critical eye +1
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 4:26 pm

i got my g10 keys done, granted ukanlos ticked me off with his cheap moves and i stayed up most the night with a personal vendetta towards him, refusing to go till he died, but i got it done with the bf, now we are ready for the urgent, too bad we couldnt do it as it was way into the morning hours and we both had to sleep x.x

curse you ukanlos, curse you and your infinite snowballs and that god aweful shark attack charge you cant get around >,>
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 6:23 pm

Jojo, for the swimming charge attack, just run backwards in a wide circle around him, until he passes, then you tighten your circle to get by. No need to roll or anything, it's really easy once you can get the hang of it.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 2:52 am

I had to do quite a bit of farming for misc parts for the armor and Jewels, but I managed to finish my Kushala gunner set. Thanks to my Loading +3, Protection +6 Talisman, I have the skills Evasion +3, Focus, Load Up, Heat Cancel, and Divine Blessing.

Time to practice using it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix
Page 27 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next