Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix

Go down 
+39
WyvernGS
Un-Tan
Chips
XenonFrost
Applejho
evahnulahm
TheLaw
A Drunk Ninja
Ken Kurobasa
Phenica
Ataraxia
BoredForLife
Kurtz
th8827
X Kitsune X
Jojozityjo
dcj91x
Lucas
Crystalis
MHWF
Antari18
TKMT
Raptor98
E&Troy
Firpi
Verity19
Azurei
Samochan
PAiN---
kama
Lagiacrus the ultimate
InstaCakes
Roon
Phazon Xenomorph
Sephastus
yvz
Quentin
Gian
MetaMarx
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Generic thread that appers in every subforum! Hooray!

Tell us about what you did in the game even if it's boring and doesn't make for an interesting post!

Did something shitty happen? There's another thread for that ya dingus!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Vampess
Khezu

Thank you Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 11:12 am

So.. Let's see where I left off.

I hunted the frenzied tigrex, which was really a joke. It started out much slower than I'm used to, and after going into frenzy, it was very active for all of 20 seconds, after which his stamina ran out, and he was acting quite.. drunk. He stumbled around, standing still loads, and falling over a lot. Shagura after that was actually a fun fight, probably due to having some expierence, and the area being a nice open expanse.

Got my ass handed to me by harmitaur of all things, beat it, but decided to get the charms after that. Needed money, ended up making the monoqlo armor for my palicos, and the leather pants and jacket for myself (adren+1, and gloves off+1 respectively).

Met up with some friends, who helped me up to high rank online (lots of fun :D). Beat cephadrome offline, even though it dodged my trap because I didn't place it right, and swam off right after (thank God, I don't need to farm for screamers). Did the egg delivery quests for food ingredients, ended up buying myself fancy dual swords with blue sharpness, and the shakra waist, gemmed in halve stun, because I already was using a stun+6 2 slot talisman.

Discovered there was Animal Crossing palico armor :o

Got that, since it's trice as good as what they used to have. Turns out, it's actually kind of creepy to be followed by Animal Crossing characters, with their own sounds and everything :P
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:45 am

So, my cousin is a full monster hunter now, and has recruited/brought back 5 other people to play the game. I brought my other cousin into the game, and we are now 8 close friends and relatives inching along the game once more. All are now HR6 or higher, and They seem to be all enjoying themselves, now that we have taken the randomness of online grouping out of the equation.

Personal notes: Online random people suck when it comes to hard content... and really high level people suck at not letting anyone under HR500 join their groups >_<. Not my loss though, just wish dealing with APEX when solo wasn't so impossible.
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Only 2 awards to go, the mini crown awards. Also learned how to do screen shots, kind of a long process but works.

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Wvw69i11
Back to top Go down
Vampess
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 6:36 am

Sephastus wrote:
Personal notes: Online random people suck when it comes to hard content... and really high level people suck at not letting anyone under HR500 join their groups >_<. Not my loss though, just wish dealing with APEX when solo wasn't so impossible.

I guess some things never change :p

I'm not a fan of hunting with randoms, at the start, I don't want to be that terribad hunter, and later on, I don't want the terribad hunters in my hunt. I tend to fly solo in most games tbh, except monster hunter.

Plus, in this version, the custom quests kind of got me worried. I don't want to be "helped" up to HR999 or get some god tier talisman or whatever. And with my current set, I'd probably get booted out of most cities anyway, because at this point I really don't feel like grinding ages for a proper set.

Got to 8* caravan quests \o/

Monoblos was pretty fun. Thought I wouldn't have my cats on the hunt (I'm used to it being solo only), but there they were. And with the improved hitboxes, moboblos hardly hit me at all. Wish sonics were easier to come by though :P

Pink rathian went to town on me. It has a couple of moves I'm not used to, and it hurts. So I did some 4* online quests solo, to catch up with my friends (they're having issues with pink rathian as well).

So now it's pink rathian all around. Guess I'm going to go practice on the offline one, to try and tackle it with friends again tonight :P
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:28 am

Vampess wrote:

Pink rathian went to town on me. It has a couple of moves I'm not used to, and it hurts. So I did some 4* online quests solo, to catch up with my friends (they're having issues with pink rathian as well).

So now it's pink rathian all around. Guess I'm going to go practice on the offline one, to try and tackle it with friends again tonight :P

I hate Pink Rathian... And Azure Rathalos too. I can't figure them out.

I have soloed my way to the G-special with my second file using the charge blade. Except for Kushala Daora. I was going to do the G3 keys online but DC'ed at the beginning of a Teostra quest and Chameleos is easy. Continuing my momentum I fought and killed Ukanlos then Gogmazios.

I have found I love using the element charge blades. Where appropriate anyway. When I was fighting Ukanlos the thing was tripping and flinching non-stop. I beat it in about 15 minutes! I have made set using either element attack up and element +2 or element +3 for each element cb.

Right now I am just using the star knight armor and changing skills with talismans and decorations. I happened on another god-tier talisman, handicraft 6 attack 14, and that makes this set awesome!
Back to top Go down
Vampess
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:12 am

Tried pink rathian agian online, got it limping, was herding it to the sleeping area, at which point my gunner friend decides to get into the area, gets back hopped on, carts, and ends up raging about a glitched attack, lol. We ended up doing ingredient quests :P

Of course, at least one pink rathian had to bite the dust, so I beat it offline. I don't like the terrain though, both my carts were from being stuck at a wall, being either repeatedly fireballed, or poisoned, but hey, I ended up beating it anyway.

So that's one wall done \o/

Also finished up the food ingredients (except drinks), and did the wycoon quest for nectars Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Vampess
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 6:11 am

Finally beat pink rathian online \o/

First urgent was touch and go, gunner carted twice, and we capped it with <5 minutes left. In the previous attempt, we had it limping at 25~ minutes, so I asked him which ammo he used then. He switched back to normals, and the second urgent went very smooth. No carts, cap in 25~ minutes, and even the cats pulled their weight, and mounted it a few times.

Also killed a high rank queen seltas offline. I still can't tell when it's limping, because it walks funny to begin with. I placed my trap too early, and ended up going rather kamikaze on it in the end. Somehow my cats got the cue, and healed me between my attacks, and the queen dropped dead. Long live the queen :P

Edit: Oh! I totally forgot to mention, I got the purple gypceros beanie! which aside from looking rad, gives me 2 slots, and 3 points in stun, so I managed to gem in AuS, all in preparation to tackle the pink rathian urgent.

When I was fighting purple gypceros offline, jho walked in, I squeed, and promptly died :D

So that brings me up to:
Purple gypceros helm, 2 slots, attack +3 gem
Leather jacket, no slots
Chakra arms, 3 slots, attack +3, and attack+1 gem
Chakra waist, 3 slots, attack+3 gem, speed sharpener+2 gem
Leather pants, 1 slot, speed sharpener+2 gem
stun+6 talisman, 2 slots, 2 speed sharpener+2 gems
Cyclone, 3 slots, speed sharpener+2 gem, stun+1 gem

Speed sharpener (arguably an offensive skill, because I keep that smexy blue sharpness at all times)
Gloves off+1
Adrenaline+1
Stun Halved
AuS

I'm surprisingly pretty pleased with my set Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Vampess
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 6:52 pm

Beat seregios offline, had a 24 hour grind on frontier (I've got tonfa tech, almost completed dual swords tech).

Going to make the seregios duals. Which means I'll be one slot short, but with the rolling=sharpness gimmick, I can do without speed sharpener, and with 4 slots free, that means I can gem in AuM Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Vampess
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Welp, seems I'm the only one posting around here, but ok :p

The friend with whom I play Frontier, helped me from HR5 to HR7 in about 2 hours. Having played a lot together really helps, since we already function as a team.

Had fun beating frenzied Jho offline, because surprisingly, he's still pretty ingrained from Tri. Hours of doing Jho suddenly came back to me, and I was stuck on him like flypaper. Beat apex seregios in one go, which was kind of surprising, since I had a bad start.

Still rocking my leather set Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 9:55 am

I read the entries all the time Vampess. Nothing new happening on this end, except some relic hunting, and I am not sure anyone here wants to hear those exploits... but, here goes:

Got a decent (1440 initial raw) sleep GS with decent white, but not purple. With my chameleos set, I can put the monsters to sleep several times per hunt... have to take bomb materials to make the most out of that advantage. Got a good tensen dual blades with Avarice, that I paired with the White Fatty set and an avarice Talisman + slots, that allowed me to gem in Mushroommancer, while giving up a little bit of critical hit rate (Totally worth it to have those sweet mushrooms).

I am making sets "just for looks", and I think I will make a Longsword and a Hunting Horn Set next (Since I got some purple relics for them.)

Relic hunting gets to be very fun, but it is 10x better when you do so with people you have friended and hunted with before... you know what you are getting into, and the hunts go sooo much faster.

Can't wait for MHX... o yeah... and I am planning a trip to Kyoto and Capcom this coming March/April (Yes... I will be buying MHX if its available :-) )
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 1:14 am

Sephastus wrote:

Can't wait for MHX... o yeah... and I am planning a trip to Kyoto and Capcom this coming March/April (Yes... I will be buying MHX if its available :-) )

If you do buy it, don't post spoilers here. A lot of people here either only watch the news announcement trailers capcom makes to build up hype, or even none of those. We will not want spoilers of the game itself.

I mean I'm sure you wouldn't but it doesn't hurt to mention.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 2:18 am

Hopefully Capcom will release news of localization soon. >_>

You'd think with the growing success in the west they'd be more eager to do so...
Back to top Go down
Vampess
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 5:10 pm

Sephastus wrote:
I read the entries all the time Vampess.
Haha, ok <3

Well, the final showdown with kushala was kind of a let down. Not sure if I actually contributed, or the whole thing was just on a timer.

Took too long with Stygian on the Prickly Pair quest, ended up finishing up on some Wycoon/Wyceum quests I skipped, and looked into cat stuff, as my main palico didn't have any skills. For some reason, after I set up my cats properly, the Stygian fight went from feeling like a ragdoll, to a walk in the park, and halved my time, completing the quest easily.

Hunted the molten tigrex, so now I'm all set for continuing online \o/

That same day, I pulled a shoulder muscle somehow, so I opted for playing Frontier, instead of MH4U, because my posture is kind of shitty when playing MH4U.

Kind of glad I went back, because it turned out I missed it, and the difference in difficulty is very noticeable. Molten Tigrex at best took half my health, in low rank armor, while in Frontier, G rank Dyura casually took 2/3 of my health in end game armor :D

Had a lot of fun working on my DS SR set (for DS weapon tech eventually). I love how HC100 blue kutku can fuck you up in end game armor (damn pitfalls!), and HC100 orange espinas will one shot you with his poison/fuck you explosion. Even in LR armor, end HR in MH4U is not that unforgiving. I love it.

Anyways, I'm good and ready to tackle 7* online now Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Like the idiot I am I just made this set on my new save file, but it's finally completed!

Honed Blade
Spirit's Whim

So now I am HR1 with blue sharpness. Kut-ku you and me. 1on1 low-rank the slaughtering
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 3:53 am

Un-Tan wrote:
Like the idiot I am I just made this set on my new save file, but it's finally completed!

Honed Blade
Spirit's Whim

So now I am HR1 with blue sharpness. Kut-ku you and me. 1on1 low-rank the slaughtering

I imagine you did a lot of offline story to get a set like that but just curious, what are the parts and charm of that set? and the decorations.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 11:16 am

Untan, When you say HR1... do you mean you are also Low Rank in the story? Because it is actually very easy to get white sharpness when doing high-rank story.

If you are low rank, then wow, nicely done! I have a "challenge" save as well. I have done quite a bit of expeditions, and have attempted to get good relic equipment and talismans. I won out finding a mounting +10 tali, and a decent hammer with which I have been pounding some heads... mounting... heads... and she's a female... I think there is a joke in there somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 3:44 pm

Well I am HR1 and in offline I hadn't even killed the Tetsucabra yet(had to do that tho just to be able to polish all the relics).

The story goes like this. Me and Kairak were joking about LR relics and LR sets and whatnot. I do that first tutorial expedition with the guaranteed relic. It turns out to be gloves with +2 edgemaster. So I just said "fuck it, I am making this set" and thus began the most ridiculous farming that has ever been done. It took me roughly 11hours to get all the pieces I needed and in the end I had two forumers help me with the event remobra quest aswell as wrecking a LR Gravios for me but here is the set.

Alloy Helm(+2 edgemaster)
Hunter's Mail(+2 edgemaster)
Hunter's Vambraces(+2 edgemaster)
Remobra Belt(Torso Up)
Alloy Greaves(+2 edgemaster)
+8whim talis
1slot weapon.

Sporting a massive 121 defense. I also got a bunch of weapons with +2edgemaster so I can switch around a bit to get another bonus skill if I ever want.

Is the set good? HELL YES
Is the set worth making, considering the time you need to invest? Not even close.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 4:42 pm

For me, personally, it is always worth it. I love the enjoyment of a job well done. That is the whole reason for my challenge save.

I already have a save with monster equipment and stats. I could get the best weapon (non-relic) for all the weapon types since I have so many kills of all monsters. But I want the odd looks and impossible early skills that are possible with the relic system while still HR1.

Of course... that means that I cannot get the high rank relics unless I start doing some online stuff. Catch 22... I would love to be HR1 with some High Rank Relics, but that is currently impossible. So eventually when I finish all the offline stuff that I can and make a few relic sets for the looks, I will start doing online with her....

O, and for those interested... her name is Fiona, and her Cat is Cake. Bonus internet points for those of you who know who she is without doing an internet search. :-D
Back to top Go down
Vampess
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 9:31 am

I got to G1 \o/

I upgraded the seregios duals with the molten tiggy mats, so my duals were up to date. Teo and kusha both went down in 5 minutes, surprising me and my friend. Dalamadur is basically a very mild version of raviente, went in blind, and had a lot of fun running around and attacking various body parts. Triple carted to ukanlos' beam once, but knowing akantor, I got way too greedy, and ukanlos definitely loves that beam. *Ukanlos swims after friend* 'Oh, time to pop a might seed!'*ukanlos turns and beams me* damn you, ukanlos! When I played a bit more carefully, we beat it without carts, in about 10 minutes.

Did desert seltas, and of course rajang pops in to say hi, and one shotted me :D

So now it's time to look into better armor Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 10:29 am

Congrats on G1! Might I recommend some Heavenly Mount Gathering runs? Put that pink monkey in his place, and use the congalala claws to make Mycology decorations... you will not regret it ^_^.

Earliest simple armor I would recommend is the Tetsucabra, or Berzerk Tetsucabra. Gem in some hearing and enjoy the free hits when a monster wants to scream. It also looks very Shonin-Warrior'esk.

Edit: O, and I finally decided to do the master's challenge yesterday night. Restarted it twice due to the monsters both seeing me, and me not able to put up the fence quick enough. Third time in, only seregios saw me, but I didn't want him, so I smoke bombed, and put up the fence to do the Diablos. Once it was dead, I farcasted, and prepared for my next entry. I just used my mopeshrooms (Infinite stamina), and ran around the arena making sure Seregios was always between me and the deviljho. Strategy worked as 10 minutes later, there was a dead Seregios and it was just me and that apex deviljho. I used up all my healing (even the herbs and everything that could be gathered), but with only a few minutes left, and 2 cart, the Deviljho struck the ground, and I am now the proud owner of a Parasol... yep, all that work, and I get an umbrella out of it! lol
Back to top Go down
Vampess
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 1:22 am

So, I did a G rank expedition, beat the velocidrome fairly easily (it didn't even try to flee!). Next monster spawns in, desert seltas; sure, I'll beat a desert seltas! I get there, and jho decided to say hi. I noped it out of there, preferring to mine instead, and lo and behold, the desert seltas showed up. Flashbombed the hell out of it, killed it in 2 minutes, and hightailed it out of there.

I was going to meet my friend online, but I told him, I might circle more than I hit. He said that if I triple cart, we can stop, but I told him I'm not worried about carting, I'm just worried about being a leech. Turns out, that's not the case, and we kill every thing in 10~ minutes (my friend's G2, with a slightly better relic than seregios' third upgrade). We even did so well, that we decided to do the frenzied tigerstripe for the wyceum, which my friend was saving for later. Mind you, I did upgrade my armor with all the heavy spheres I got.

I reached G2, and going to tackle seregios for a while, so I can upgrade my duals Yes by vort

And thanks for the advice, Sephatus, but maybe later ;)
Back to top Go down
Vampess
Khezu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 1:33 am

I got my seregios upgrade \o/

After that, we did the remaining keyquests for my friend, but we got hung up on the stygian+brach quest. So I made the seltas waist, to replace the chakra waist, upgraded it a bit, gained 100 defense, and did the bad hair brach, to practice.

After that, we both managed to cart within 5 minutes, and either of us took the third. Eventually, we managed not to cart within 5 minutes, which seemed to be the magic threshold. Then, we had some trouble with black gravios (that thing is 90% beams), but after a 5 minute break, we beat it. We absolutely wrecked the cephadrome+desert queen quest, and after that, we did my friend's G3 urgent, failed once, and kicked ass the second time Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 4:10 am

so after weeks of relic mining without end (pretty much literally about 90% of my playtime over the last few weeks was relic mining) i setled for a not so ideal set because desire sonsor decided to hate me and wouldn't stop mocking me (kept getting the piece i wanted but it was either the wrong skin or not the def i wanted or something else....)

so now i settled with a pair of rare8 boots with onl 92 def and hoping i might get some better ones at some point. i assume wanting all pieces to be 112 or 120 base def was a bit much to ask. Well it is mostly a fashion hunter set anyways. full Deathstench armor with edgemaster, edgelore, arcana (and a second built with avarice instead of edgemaster for non relic weapons)

now i'll need to find some weapons for that set though. so off to leveling and farming more GQs

also finally got around to doing the masters test which was easier than expected, granted i did it with a max raw relic GS and maxed armor but i still wouldn't have expected to casually do it sub 15 min. Well i did cart twice though i mostly blame that on not being used to solo monsters anymore. the rewards for completing it were kinda underwhelming but at least i got that feel ing of acomplishment.

Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 10:56 am

Re-learning my old haunts. So doing some gunning, and remaking my hammer set to do Hunting Horns.

Relic Hunting is the way to go past end game. I am enjoying myself helping my friends get to G rank, and find their "niche" in the groups.
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 4:39 pm

Blergh, the grind of hunting monsters for the mini crowns is quite tedious. Been trying to grind all the quests with two of the same monster as the time to kill is quite short compared to the time to get the quest, eat, etc (or at least it feels that way). Nothing has been coming easy though, had to do almost 100 velocidromes to get the mini, over 70 gypceros, and moving into the 70's on rathian. I had hoped that the wiki link with the recommend quests to do would have made it go faster but for me it seems that I am only getting 1 crown about every 2 days of serious grinding.

Oh well, only 20 some odd monsters to go and i will have finished all the awards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix
Page 35 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next