Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
heavy bowgun tips? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
heavy bowgun tips? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

heavy bowgun tips?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SarahDellafrost
Kelbi
SarahDellafrost

Thank you Points : 0

heavy bowgun tips? Empty
PostSubject: heavy bowgun tips?   heavy bowgun tips? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 10:33 am

hello guys, im new here, this is my first post ^^

anyway, i started to use heavy bowgun because light bowgun doesn't have a good firepower (i prefer bowguns than blades and bows :B), this makes me blow more ammo in battle. but im having troubles with the hbg, because... well, it is heavy and so freaking slow D: and im not a experienced huntress.

do you guys have any tips about heavy bowgun? or a subtitled video that have? I'm brazilian and I haven't a considerable knowledge of english Very Sad by Kasumi

srry about the bad english btw... learned all in videogames TeeHee

thanks! Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

heavy bowgun tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: heavy bowgun tips?   heavy bowgun tips? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 11:09 am

Welcome to the forums!

Bowgun is a tough weapon to start playing Monster Hunter in. But it is the weapon I started with.

First, with heavy bowgun, you have to learn what type of damage mitigation you want to do. Avoiding damage is key in doing well early on. Try to upgrade your weapon to have the shield. This will give you auto-guard. So, if you know you will not be able to dodge a strike, just stop firing, and you will automatically block it. If you are able to find it, try to get Evade, or evade extender. This will make it that much easier to avoid getting hit.

Second: Find any ledge possible. In this version of Monster Hunter, the monsters can't get on the ledges, and can only fire long distance shots onto it. Which means, you can get some very heavy damage done before you have to move from there. There are also areas right before the entrance/exit to a zone that the monsters cannot get into. When the developers made this monster hunter, they were more concerned with you getting your rewards when the monster died, than making it believable and having the monsters just charge through, like in recent versions.

Third, know the weakness of the monsters. Using shots that monsters are weak to, will make the hunts very much easier. If you are going to be hunting mainly from a distance, then learn to use pierce shots, since their power is greatest from 3 hops up to 9 hops. Any closer or farther and it will do less damage.

Overall, remember to have fun, and please, do not be afraid of switching to other weapons, since all monsters have different weaknesses. So while one monster will die very quickly to Heavy Bowgun, another might be a nightmare, or vice-versa.
Back to top Go down

heavy bowgun tips?
Page 1 of 1