Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting thread - Page 6 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting thread - Page 6 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting thread

Go down 
+15
MetaMarx
Crystalis
Jojozityjo
th8827
Ataraxia
BoredForLife
Un-Tan
Kanade
MHWF
Lucas
Chips
Phazon Xenomorph
Samochan
Sephastus
Tsunday
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Tsunday
Kelbi
Tsunday

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sweden

Hunting thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 6:15 am

First topic message reminder :

As of when I write this, I just brutally exterminated Glavenus by shoving my large stick up his pooper multiplied by a thousand bolts coated with the most piquant acid and searing stuff I could find in order to extort as much agony as possible to ensue his demise for my own yield in order to savagely skin him to decorate my new assegai.

Mizutani and Astalos were the best fights I've had in years. It made my phallus crag firm.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 5:42 am

I had a productive day. I upgraded a few more weapons to max, beat several unfinished Hub quests, and unlocked the tier 3 versions of the Hunter Arts that I use.

Also, got a Gem from Amatsu. But, more importantly, I got the 2 Claw+ from him that I needed to upgrade my Kecha longsword to max.

Still can't find a group for Redhelm 9, though. Why would people want to avoid it? It is a reliable way to hunt a Savage Jho.

EDIT: Just managed to 2-man Redhelm 9! The Savage Jho was "fun".
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 8:06 pm

i dont mind that, ive noticed all mh games start with, moderate to crappy gear, but once you get to high rank, there is at least a few armors that have skills that you wanna go for, they may not be the best match up, but they were something.

This one, it feels like there isnt a single armor with any kind of worthy skills what-so-ever, save for like, 3 or 4, which dreadqueen, dreadking, and probably escadora and kirin, which, those last two arent grand either, but they are at least decent for focusing on elemental damage.

It makes me feel like, there's no fun to be had in this game outside of toying around with the new styles and arts. It feels like there is no point to grind the game other than to just complete the quests, cause none of the armor is worth the effort to go after and often times im avoiding weapons i use to have fun with cause there is no armor that gives me the skills i wanna play those weapons with, it's rather sad, like it's just putting me in a rut x.x

once i get to the point of being able to do anything without restriction, almost all my armors are gonna be entirely mixed sets, cause that's the only way to get anything that's worth a damn :/
and of course, rely entirely on charms. I still dont know if timeworn charms are the best yet or not lol
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 8:48 pm

finally mined a worn LS ! created daora's raid! its super cool (pun intended)

yus timeworn r the best u can mine but they come in queen king n dragon n dragon is the best charms usually

silver los set is pretty good also
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 1:20 am

So today I farmed stuff... and it as raining gems.

3 mizutsune hunts, 3 orbs which I needed for my weps. Then we did gammoth, got an orb. 1 hyper glavenus, carved 2 fire orbs. Did teostra, looted a gem. Did shagaru, got a phosgem. Like an endless stream of gems lol.

I still despise glavenus and it's hyper variant, it seems my hellblade spam wasnt enough when it roared, nommed, nommed me again and tail slam comboed me to death in a corner.

My streak ended when we did amatsu tho, too bad. :< His strongest move didnt ohko me, so that's good. Never done amatsu and didn't die, ay. People told me to get evasion hunter art rofl. They died and I didn't. If I can survive hellblade without any evasion, I can survive this.

Then comes alatreon. Oh boy, he's different and more annoying from tri and just bout near impossible to get a KO on. Flash bombs don't work 90% of the time, he spams air mode 80% of the time and his head is a lot higher than it used to be too. Or hunters hit a lot lower I dunno. Ten times less fireballs means bad time for me to try and find openings. Then come the hunters who ruin my mounts not once but twice. Thanks, I build up that mount for nothing I guess then. Or hunters who come to smack me when I'm hitting the head.

I should prolly invest in some focus set if I had proper tali... focus helped me a load in tri, it'll help me again.

I will get that stun someday ala, like good old times. It'll also help if I don't hunt with complete nooblets who just run away from ala.

On the other hand I got a set with dreadking, hge, weak and bombard/mount master with my new and shiny hellblade hammer fully upgraded, so I got that going for me which is nice.
Back to top Go down
Tsunday
Kelbi
Tsunday

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 3:06 pm

Samochan wrote:
So today I farmed stuff... and it as raining gems

Hunting thread - Page 6 QBbQP
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 8:44 pm

A day of failed HR solos... I know I'm in low rank gear, but my weapons are at least up to scratch...

kuso...
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 3:43 am

I spent the evening farming Hyper Brachy for Gems. I got my first 2 Gems from the first and third Brachy that I hunted, but got my third and final Gem of the day several hours later with 30 Brachy kills on my guild card, finally being able to fully upgrade my Brachy EX armor.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 6:02 pm

https://twitter.com/metamarx/status/765292050526842880

The entire quest was SO FUCKING LOUD
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 7:45 pm

charm farming can be so annoying, there is FAR too much range for the rng so it's almost impossible to get 1 good charm let alone 10 or 20 for different set builds that you need since armor in this game mostly sucks. They better never fix that coal hearted quest thing so i can keep getting 9-15+ timeworn a run >,>
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 8:29 pm

Welp, took the whole day but I scraped some Mizu S together, maybe now I can stop getting one shot by things that shouldn't be one shotting me.

MetaMarx wrote:
https://twitter.com/metamarx/status/765292050526842880

The entire quest was SO FUCKING LOUD

0_o"
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 4:12 am

I helped a whole bunch of randoms with key and Urgent quests.

Then, I managed to 2-man Redhelm 10.

I wonder which Deviant monster I should go after next...
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 5:52 pm

made teostra bow and a set for it! crit eye+2, rapid up, rationer, and focus! i bet you can tell what the pieces are from just the skills! i hope i get as strong with bow as i was in p3rd!

EDIT: cut a bunch of herrbrade tails with otouto to make herrbrade axe also! tried out the cookie cutter striker build n one of the most chill experiences i had in mhgen so far!

Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 5:03 am

I managed to beat several of my harder Hub Villager requests. I now just have the last Shakalaka quest to beat the Hub requests.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 11:06 pm

Unlocked at 41, way higher than I feared I would start at. By the time I unlock all the elder dragons, I might even be ready for 'em at this rate.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 1:04 am

saw my box was running out of space! sold the extra ores i got from farming charms and made around 6~7mil total so i forged a bunch of random stuff i can't use yet! continuing general bow practice and LS hellblade practice @_@;
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 12:44 am

I hunted a Hyper Mizutsune, and I got 3 Water Orbs. I then hunted another Hyper Mizutsune, and got another Water Orb.

I wish that Gammoth was this generous.
Back to top Go down
Tsunday
Kelbi
Tsunday

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 2:40 pm

Anyone needs help with any request quests? I've finished like every quest there is except for event ones.

Also, if you're gonna play with me just a heads up. I mess around A LOT. Aerial bow. Smoke Bombs for cinematic fights. Support Bow with only status effects, traps and bombs. The list goes on.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 11:55 pm

I hit HR 100!

Trying to decide on if I should change titles. Creepy Deviant is a classic, but I had that since the start. Tail Shaker sounds fun, but it is too obvious, since they are located right next to each other...

EDIT: I decided to farm titles, and compile a list.

While looking at a dead Velocidrome, I noticed that it has 7 fingers/claws on each hand, and 4 toes on each foot.

Also, Hunt-a-Thon quests automatically end at 10 kills.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 9:20 pm

Got barrage earrings and sword saint earrings! unlocked sabage debiljho so got wolf's maw iii also so now i can use the stuff i forged but couldn't used before! finished my tiggy GS and black armor! almost 1000 LS usage! made avalon! stood around n look hella cool in cosplay set! achieved 99999 unity points!
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 10:26 pm

So close... to Toka... T_T"

Started learning CB the other day, took a lot of doing but I think I have the basics, and boy are they fun. Might end up switching over at some point, it's nice to have individual attacks that wreck face as a contrast to Duals sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Red
Red

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code: FITE ME FOR IT!
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): alright as long as i'm not hosting

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 3:29 pm

Finish leveling my Dreadking set to level 10 o -o.
Wish the Fire Emblem events would come soon so I have my Dragon Sword & Shield
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 7:58 pm

was soloing hub daora looking for a gem! stars aligned 1 run and almost sub 10'd but he changed area n died 1 hit later but it was like 10:00:01 or something ;_; got depressed from no gem so went charm farming n made like another 4mil and pierce up god charm but got depresseder from no sharpness god charm so i went to kill some village brachedio to make sailor socks for a cute outfit but got depressederer when i need sharpness god charm to make it so i dont have to use weapon slots ;_;
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 4:53 am

I hit 300 hours play!

I finished several of my backlogged quests. I just have 3 more 6 star quests to go.

I also hit 50 kills with several of the easier monsters (check the Monster Title topic if you are interested in learning the titles)
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 5:40 am

I finished all 6 Star Hub quests, and a whole bunch of 7 Star Hub quests. I also beat one of the [Advanced] village hunt-a-thons that I still needed to do.

Just 7 Hub quests to go...
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 10:18 am

max'd out a db of each element cept for dragon cuz need hyper jho! now i can be nana dayne! made a pierce set and ala's commandment !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting thread
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next