Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
V Elder: Lunastra Q's Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
V Elder: Lunastra Q's Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

V Elder: Lunastra Q's

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

V Elder: Lunastra Q's Empty
PostSubject: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Ok so ive been trying to find the answer online with no luck. I am on the village elders 5* quests, The empress' blazing throne. I have yet to beat Lunastra, she is just extremely difficult for me.

Now my questions:
In this mission does damage carry over, or not since it is a slay mission? It doesnt appear to.

Is tigrex a good armor set for fighting Lunastra? (ufortunatly I dont have the helm)

I am only HR2 and 5* V.E quests. I am excllent with GS and soso with LS. I beleive myself to be above average with Lance.
What weapons would you all suggest?

Thank you much in advance.
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:43 pm

Firpi wrote:
Ok so ive been trying to find the answer online with no luck. I am on the village elders 5* quests, The empress' blazing throne. I have yet to beat Lunastra, she is just extremely difficult for me.

Now my questions:
In this mission does damage carry over, or not since it is a slay mission? It doesnt appear to.

Is tigrex a good armor set for fighting Lunastra? (ufortunatly I dont have the helm)

I am only HR2 and 5* V.E quests. I am excllent with GS and soso with LS. I beleive myself to be above average with Lance.

First off damage is only carried over if it is driven away. My first time took me 3 hunts to kill Lunastra. But by that time I had the smolder dragonsword. (I hunted quite a bit online before completing my first lunastra hunt. I even hunted teostra with some friends in the guild to make the red dragonsword)

I reccomend the red dragonsword its a decent dragon weapon. When she charges and it seems impossible to dodge just look closely u can actually dodge it because she primarly goes to one direction so you can change direction and she wont follow.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:48 pm

silverneo188 wrote:
Firpi wrote:

Now my questions:

First off damage is only carried over if it is driven away. My first time took me 3 hunts to kill Lunastra. But by that time I had the smolder dragonsword. (I hunted quite a bit online before completing my first lunastra hunt. I even hunted teostra with some friends in the guild to make the red dragonsword)

I reccomend the red dragonsword its a decent dragon weapon. When she charges and it seems impossible to dodge just look closely u can actually dodge it because she primarly goes to one direction so you can change direction and she wont follow.

The problem is, the Fire Dragonsword can only be got as early as 6* village quests.
Then you have to use Teostra Horns to upgrade it into Red Dragonsword.
I suggest leaving it if you can until you have a good Dragon element weapon. I really only started killing Lunastras when I needed 3 Lunastra Horns for the Smolder Dragonsword.
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Mat086 wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:
Firpi wrote:

Now my questions:

The problem is, the Fire Dragonsword can only be got as early as 6* village quests.
I suggest leaving it if you can until you have a good Dragon element weapon. I really only started killing Lunastras when I needed 3 Lunastra Horns for the Smolder Dragonsword.

I got mine before 6* village. I hunt primarly with friends in the guild. So I had a lot of great weapons before I even started the 4* quests
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:52 pm

silverneo188 wrote:
Mat086 wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:
Firpi wrote:

Now my questions:

I got mine before 6* village. I hunt primarly with friends in the guild. So I had a lot of great weapons before I even started the 4* quests

Yeah, but seeing as our OP here isn't hunting with friends, he'll have to make use of another weapon.

Hammer is good for Lunastra, try that.
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:59 pm

Mat086 wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:
Mat086 wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:
Firpi wrote:

Now my questions:

Yeah, but seeing as our OP here isn't hunting with friends, he'll have to make use of another weapon.

ya my bad didn't take that into fact >.< my bad mat /:
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:06 pm

silverneo188 wrote:
Mat086 wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:
Mat086 wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:
Firpi wrote:

Now my questions:

No problem on that, I'm not one of those people who says "LOLOL YA I WAS RIGHT NOOB XD."
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:07 pm

Mat086 wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:
Mat086 wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:
Mat086 wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:
Firpi wrote:

Now my questions:

No problem on that, I'm not one of those people who says "LOLOL YA I WAS RIGHT NOOB XD."

thank god xP those people make me so pissed
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:09 pm

HAmmer??? Really? Guess I better start practicing. OK. Now for clarification, on the volcano mission she cant be repelled right? Or can she?
Back to top Go down
blackheart
Yian Garuga
blackheart

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:27 pm

Yes, she can be repelled.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:06 pm

oh.... dam. guess i jus gotta survive long enough.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Firpi wrote:

Yes. You do.

Good luck and all.
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:11 am

Mat086 wrote:
Firpi wrote:

Yes. You do.

Good luck and all.

I thought he had to do enough damage to drive it off, not just survive the 25 minutes?
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 1:44 pm

silverneo188 wrote:
Mat086 wrote:
Firpi wrote:

Yes. You do.

Good luck and all.

I thought he had to do enough damage to drive it off, not just survive the 25 minutes?

I was thinking that. In fact, my original messge said that you also need to do enough damage but I changed it before posting.

I'm not sure on the damage part, I don't think it matters.
I'll try it after I kill a Chameleos (which I'm doing now).
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Mat086 wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:
Mat086 wrote:
Firpi wrote:

Yes. You do.

Good luck and all.

I was thinking that. In fact, my original messge said that you also need to do enough damage but I changed it before posting.

I'm not sure on the damage part, I don't think it matters.
I'll try it after I kill a Chameleos (which I'm doing now).

I already drove off a G rank chameleos but it wasn't until there was about 14 minutes remaining which means it is based off damage, i think it's either half or a third. All i know is that chameleos's tail doesn't come off until he's at 20% health and i have yet to cut it off yet
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:16 am

And you are a terrible necrobumping advertisement? /scar/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: V Elder: Lunastra Q's   V Elder: Lunastra Q's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

V Elder: Lunastra Q's
Page 1 of 1