Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Shen Gaoren Tactics Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Shen Gaoren Tactics Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shen Gaoren Tactics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiera
Rathian
Shiera

Thank you Points : 44

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Shen Gaoren Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Shen Gaoren Tactics   Shen Gaoren Tactics Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:52 pm

Hey guys, I know I'm tardy to the party but I need some help taking on Shen Gaoren. I'm wearing Ceanataur armor upgraded to level 11 and using a Striped Striker. I know that as you beat on the legs they get redder and that if you beat on them enough after they reach the brightest redness, Shen drops to the ground. Is it better to focus on one leg and do it that way? Would it be better to lure him to a jumpable ledge and bomb him and if so, how would I do that? Any advice you all have would help me greatly.
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Shen Gaoren Tactics   Shen Gaoren Tactics Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:01 pm

I beat it with the exact thing u have. Just hit the leg and take some bombs for when it falls. When it falls, if u want to break the shell, bomb it but if u dont want to break shell bomb face or legs. Stay on one leg.

About the ledge, Idk cause i havent done it yet. If u r in the City hall urgent, u can dragon bomb the shell and do the same as offline urgent(above thing)
Back to top Go down
Shiera
Rathian
Shiera

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Shen Gaoren Tactics   Shen Gaoren Tactics Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks for the tip. I was going around beating on all the legs thinking it would make a difference :p Gotta stock up on scatterfish then
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Shen Gaoren Tactics   Shen Gaoren Tactics Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:59 am

heroics + heavy bowgun + power barrel + any attack boosts you can + pierce boost = win =D

Activate heroics, Pierce Lao's skull till it breaks, Then keep piercing lao's shell. Quest over in around 10-15 minutes counting the time needed for shen to come. Takes no skill whatsoever since shen has no chance of hitting you as a ranged unless you're retarded. Here's mazereon's bowgun guide to shen to give you an idea of what to do

Back to top Go down
Polar_Ukanlos
Popo
Polar_Ukanlos

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Shen Gaoren Tactics   Shen Gaoren Tactics Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:44 am

haruno wrote:
heroics + heavy bowgun + power barrel + any attack boosts you can + pierce boost = win =D

Activate heroics, Pierce Lao's skull till it breaks, Then keep piercing lao's shell. Quest over in around 10-15 minutes counting the time needed for shen to come. Takes no skill whatsoever since shen has no chance of hitting you as a ranged unless you're retarded. Here's mazereon's bowgun guide to shen to give you an idea of what to do

lol, i saw this like 5 min ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shen Gaoren Tactics   Shen Gaoren Tactics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shen Gaoren Tactics
Page 1 of 1