Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is your LEAST favorite weapon?

Go down 
+93
Dar
quidam
Win32error
Otoshimo
Ultimate Jaggi
KJ
Lalo
Randomhunter
InstaCakes
Laavalamppu
Silverwind
Monster Hunter Cade
Lou Urau
Neptyc
I laik to hunt
Luciarn
Crystalis
Mio
Andrea88GOD
Shiny_Rayquaza
Spiritlord
chim
Chriz
Palas
Koma
Vivi
Chips
Yuki
Axel's sister
Silver
Greyr
Leonhardt
Quentin
WrathzRevenge
Flamingo
Axel3
shailin
faelarmoondown
Zero Flare
Dark Soul Slayer
Valdast
Brandon
Mcsumo
Cravic
IaintElmo
charleszxc
DEPC
Kamarai
MikeTR
1bighiccup
Roon
Tyraell
Rathalose
Chagrilled
Aethren
Shepherd
Akai the White Lightning
Stabster
Frostie
Faintdreams
Kanade
Ataraxia
Kanturu
OmegaZero
Konata Star
ghostwind101
Florenz
Step
Black TheLance
Mati-chan
Tarath
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Lucy
Un-Tan
Cragger
Samochan
wietepiet
dainbramage
inocto
Drgnslyr208
Laws
Tiamantra
It's meh
Lucas
Godzilla2195
stayman_jacobi
shadowbinder
haruno
thermanmerman
Sir Valk
Will
Venusjmd
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Venusjmd
Bnahabra
Venusjmd

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:31 am

First topic message reminder :

I bought a lance, tried it out, kept getting killed.. I need that tumble abilty,.. went back to the villiage and immediately sold that thing back to the blacksmith, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/zelkmassb

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:50 pm

okay. Also to not be off topic but seeing as this is my first comment with it, will, is my signature too big?
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Yes it is indeed to big, go look at the guidelines to see a picture that will help you understand the maximum size, on that note, I think mine might be to big as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:01 pm

I resized it. Okay i might be off on bowgun but tell me im wrong about Great sword? it was the first weapon i used and it definetly has not grown on me since that point. Slow, and treacherously lame in the wrong hands. i.e. mine, i can always charge and release on 3rd level charge, but by that point the monster is always off attacking someone else -_-
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Tiffy wrote:
I resized it. Okay i might be off on bowgun but tell me im wrong about Great sword? it was the first weapon i used and it definetly has not grown on me since that point. Slow, and treacherously lame in the wrong hands. i.e. mine, i can always charge and release on 3rd level charge, but by that point the monster is always off attacking someone else -_-

I used to be terrible with Gs and hammer. Then I made an alt that used those 2 weapons and a bowgun. I gradually got better with hammer. (Heck, the first time I tried hammer it took me half an hour to solo peco >_< and that was with a high rank hammer on my main) Eventually, I could solo peco with the luddy hammer in less than 10 minutes. With Gs I got good enough I used it on rathalos ^_^. I also soloed los with hammer (high rank).
I like to think I improved a bit ;)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:49 pm

I like hammer alot though i try not to use it around Yuki because its her thing before its mine. I can solo los with a hammer fairly quickly though.
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

Thank you Points : -1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:56 pm

I just did an online session..my last group consisted of 2LS 1hammer and 1switchaxe(ME). now we was facing great baggi cuz i felt like killing somet easy beacuse of the twin diablos we did in arena sucked the life out of me...(we did it rather fast and capped both!)

So as we got to the boss i was soloing it for first 2 mins cuz the rest of them are slow..long story short? i could not even MOVE from the ammount of slashes and hammers to the face..it was a mosh pit..and I never hit anyone while trying to fight baggi with a bunch of tards..i deserve a medal to say i even upswing and hit no-one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:01 pm

Medal granted. I hate longsword users who cant use it without spamming spirit slash. Also part of the reason longsword is up there with weapons-i-dont-like. becoming more proficient with it lately though.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:19 pm

Lol. I've killed HR baggi in sub 2 minutes with ls. Randoms were blown out of their minds XD
I think randies are attracted to the ls because of its relatively quick speed and (of course) the spirit bar. It takes skill to use ls properly...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:32 pm

It takes no skill whatsoever to THINK youre using longsword properly though. Which randoms frequently do. The worst is when they have i in their profile that theyre so pro at longsword and all they do is spam spam spam
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos
Palas

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Which is why my rule number one when using LS is KEEP IT AT YELLOW. That prevents me from being a jerk.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:32 am

Palas wrote:
Which is why my rule number one when using LS is KEEP IT AT YELLOW. That prevents me from being a jerk.

XD which leads to my rule # 1:

Just fill the bar & parcore meh way thru the hunt only using full spirit slash when its stunned/fallen over.

I have meh nice own lil' combo that lets meh just attck without overkilling the spirit slash moves & bunny-hop around the beastie.

On Topic: cant stand S&S or lances >_>
SnS im giving some credit, cuz I wanted to get better with it & can pull of some decent runs with it

but lances..... SHCREW LANCES
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:46 am

Personally from my experience...I really dont like the switchaxes.
I will not melee with a switchaxe user around because too many times ive been the receiving end of free flying lessons.
I hate the upswing and I hate the discharge, they both send me flying either way. Doesnt matter if im at the other end of a monster, ive had axe users discharge into my back plenty of times.
Long story short, I wont use them and wont go near them.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:48 am

i laugh at the noobs who use lance charge thinking there doing pro damage. if only thew knew they was doing 10% damage....
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:35 am

Tiffy wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree with you on the greatsword, it is GREAT when you get good with it. But the amount of time, effort, and practice needed to get good with it is enough time to master 2 of any other weapon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:01 am

I do know some people who shred with it but... just not for me.
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:44 am

I have a friend saying to me "im pro with GS but noob with LS" yet whe she gets a GS in her hands she becomes god aawefull and with a LS she much better o_o
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:41 am

I'll stick with the original point of the thread;

What is your OWN least favourite weapon, not what you are most annoyed by.

Personally, i can't handle the switchaxe and sns very well. Maybe i'm doing the combos wrong, but I feel more sluggish with a swax than with a GS. Still, i'm trying to improve with a swax only character (it's not going well). Sns is one of those weapons that is underrated by both capcom and the players, but i'm just not able to draw out it's potential. I keep focusing on getting the right combo's, and then i forget the benefit of using items while unsheathed. It's still fun to use both of those though.
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 6:20 am

Id say least Fav would have to be Lance for me cuz with wiimote i cant seem to get the hang of it... i try hard but i just cant seem to do it...which is sad cuz my chars name is lancelot..
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:53 am

Well i can pretty much use any weapon decently now.
But my least favorite would have to be gs, just because I'm not as good with it yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:21 am

Win32error wrote:
I'll stick with the original point of the thread;

What is your OWN least favourite weapon, not what you are most annoyed by.

Personally, i can't handle the switchaxe and sns very well. Maybe i'm doing the combos wrong, but I feel more sluggish with a swax than with a GS. Still, i'm trying to improve with a swax only character (it's not going well). Sns is one of those weapons that is underrated by both capcom and the players, but i'm just not able to draw out it's potential. I keep focusing on getting the right combo's, and then i forget the benefit of using items while unsheathed. It's still fun to use both of those though.
Lol ^.^ I love SnS, its my main. Yea alot of people dont like Sword and Shield but they dont realize it packs ridiculous damage, due to not only being the fastest weapon in the game (much faster than longsword if you land every attack [like a baws]) but also due to it having high attack and elemental considering how many times you're able to hit the monster in one second. I dont mind lancing, its good for the fastest times, i just dont like having to turn around to hop backwards-now-towards jho's zilla breath to avoid getting toasted. Id rather just dive forward like when i have my trusty sword nd shield. But yea im still disputing, weather i hate great sword more or longsword more. longsword is repetitive and boring and i always smack my friends to their knees, and great sword is like grabbing a tree, putting it in my hands, and expecting me to play baseball with that as my bat. Merp.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:39 pm

^sns damage is good but as a statistical data on similar skill level it is one of the slowest weapons as far as killing stuff goes. I attribute most of it to the inability to reach the weakspots for most monsters effectively.

as for me i'd say GS as of lately for the least fav, can't get myself to like using it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:49 pm

We should put that to the test. I can solo pretty quickly and most of what i use is sword and shield. Dont forget about the ability to use items without sheathing the weapon. that cuts off minutes from a run.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:59 pm

i love sns and i consider myself very good with it on tri (some people agree), i can still see it's quest speed being inferior to guns lance or ls especially.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Not arguing it isnt slower, because it is, but to those who think it contributes nothing to a group, theyre dead wrong. Sns is badass, idc who says differently! <3
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:19 pm

Tiffy stay as far away from others when using longsword and learn where to roll a longsword user can be as careful as possible but they do NOT have the ability to cancel their attacks like sns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your LEAST favorite weapon?   What is your LEAST favorite weapon? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your LEAST favorite weapon?
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next