Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
PLEASE HELP!!!! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
PLEASE HELP!!!! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PLEASE HELP!!!! Empty
PostPLEASE HELP!!!!

Please help explain something to me. Over all Japan acounts for a rather munute part of the worlds gaming population, however, when it comes to a games popularity most companies seem to think only the sales numbers from Japan matters. For example. MHtri sold rather poorly in Japan, yet it sold amazingly throughout the rest of the world. When they talk about sells for it though they only talk about the sells it had in Japan and call it a failure. Capcom also thinks that because sales in Japan for tri were lacking that no one else wants any more Wii/nintendo MH games as well.

Many companies do this though. A lot of the time if a game sales poorly in Japan it will never get a release outside of Japan even if there is a big demand for it.

I know a lot of companies claim that the cost to market/sale/translate a game to other countries is too high and not worth the effort. If so than why do we not see other game companies popping up in other countries to cover make games for only that country?

Any ways my question is: Can anyone explain to me why only Japan counts when it comes to the popularity of a game and no one elses opinion seems to mater?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

PLEASE HELP!!!! :: Comments

Ares
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!
Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:35 pm by Ares
Answer: Japan (like other countries) thinks it's the best country ever, thus making other countries unimportant to them.

I doont know however why they're not making all mh games national. theyd get a ****ton of money if they did.

I've explained all i can.
Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:05 pm by Guest
Because of language barriers.

about 5% of the anime that airs in japan makes it to an english version. It isn't always because cost vs profit, its because the anime is overly based on things japanese people would relate to, for example, an anime that involves a lot of japanese customs or plays on japanese words would not be translated to english because people outside of japan would find it hard to relate to.

of course, this isn't the case with monster hunter, but for games like muramasa and heavily tradition-related things, developers see it as just not faring well due to its nature as a game people of Japan would be only able to completely relate to.

As well, a company may not exactly have a localization team or a dedicated set of workers to create versions in other languages.

Most of this doesn't apply to capcom though, they don't have many excuses for what they are doing currently.
Post  by Sponsored content

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Things we do when not hunting :: Passing the time when not on MH :: Non-MH Games and Gaming-
Jump to: