Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.

Go down 
+17
Winson
Evilpwner
Chipou
Oni Zelkami
Godzilla2195
Stormy Times
1bighiccup
Chips
Arakune
Kanade
Daggers
It's meh
ProdigyChildPwn
dcj91x
Silverwind
Will
Chahlz
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chahlz
Black Gravios
Chahlz

Thank you Points : 57

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Empty
PostSubject: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:35 am

another MH on the 3ds. From all the tweets I see about the conference/this game people are saying this and Tri G looked really similar. Which could be meh.

I think putting them both on the 3ds is also pretty meh.
When are they gonna put out a noncarbon copy game on a serious console, that isn't MHFO, which as we know is not in the west? Or are they still waiting for nextgen? I'm still pretty shocked there hasn't been one on the Ps3, I don't count MHP3rdHD as a serious console game mostly cause its just P3rd, but better resolution.

I know hunting on the go is great and all, but really, you don't actually do it that much, unless you're like bored, you don't leave your house just so you can go somewhere else to hunt (unless of course it is with friends, but that is a different story, and wifi kinda nullifies that, more or less) Most of the time you're hunting at home already.

Waiting for console game lesigh.

Opinions are opinions, I'll tolerate yours if you can tolerate mine.
any QQ about me complaining to complain is just sad on your part, so don't do it, kaythx.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:42 am

Well I know that hunting on the go is pretty popular in japan, I remember Shepard saying on the MH podcast that his first real exposure to MH was when he was in Japan he went to a Mcdonalds and saw a group of kids all playing together on there PSP's and having a hell of a good time. Since hunting on the go is popular in Japan where the games sell best I imagine they would cater to that as much as possible, HOWEVER I do agree that I would like to see the PS3's AMAZING graphics capabilities used to there fullest on an MH title. Sort of randomly off topic I keep hearing about the footage pf MH4 can someone tell me where I can find the footage I hung out with friends and missed the stream
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:43 am

All the people (in general) complaining about monster hunter on the 3ds times 2?

...It's happening. Deal with it. It's annoying. Nothing against these people, or the playstation systems, but I'm hearing so much complaining on every sight I check comments on that it makes me irritated.

I won't argue the reasoning, I think hunting on the big screen is better and that the PS3 or the WiiU when it comes along would be better homes. It's probably more to do with japanese culture than our own, which I don't keep up with.

In short: People need to stop complaining. Not anyone specifically, just in general.

As for the MH4 footage, I saw it on the stream and can't help you there Will. /sad/
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:46 am

did you see the video of 4? it and 3G look quite different actually.

also i would not be suprised if it is announced for the vita tomorrow as well.

you tube should have the video of it now.
Back to top Go down
ProdigyChildPwn
Kelbi
ProdigyChildPwn

Thank you Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:46 am

Here is the trailer for those who missed it.

Monster Hunter 4 Debut Trailer
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=692344041
Will
Rathalos
Will

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:57 am

ARE YOU KIDDING ME COMPARING THAT TO MHTG IS LIKE SAYING BATTLEFIELD IS LIKE CALL OF DUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I mean seriously MH4 looks like it will be adding a whole new amount of strategy, My guess is it will be like ACTUALLY hunting as in you will encounter other things constantly as you hunt.

For example: Say I am in the wilderness hunting wild boar, does that mean that I wont see a bear or a deer and maybe a few wolves just because they are not my intended target? The answer is no FYI.This makes me happy as that means that there will be some EXTREME challenge to the game. Also did you see what he was using to take down a rathalos TOTAL NOOB EQUIPMENT. I get the feeling it is going to be more of a skill based game and less of an equipment based game. Yes I expect there will be some EXTREMELY good armors that outclass others but it will require you to take on some super big baddies using not so great armor. Like fighting ala with LR los armor and a yan yue dao as your best options.

Edit:Thanks for posting the video youtube did not have it yet and I was having trouble finding it :D
Back to top Go down
Chahlz
Black Gravios
Chahlz

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:04 am

As I said in my original post, I was going off of what I have read, not what I had seen.
also thanks for the minus, to whoever did it, real mature bro.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:04 am

Well now you have seen it, and if you are half as much of an MH fan as I then YOUR MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN!!!!!!!!

Edit:That minus was not me but I will plus you to equal it out as that is immature
Back to top Go down
Chahlz
Black Gravios
Chahlz

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:10 am

Not exactly mind blown, cause MH can always be boiled down to skill in any of the games to some extent. in Tri I always gimped myself for more of a challenge. I never over powered it with armour, I did the same in P3rd, to a lesser extent in mhfu because that game is just balls to the wall hard.

Anyways, MH always requires a certain level of skill. But I did here on the 3ds they are adding a lockon type of system where you can auto fix the camera on large monsters which in MY opinion kind of removes some skill curve because part of the game has been mastering the camera.

I'm not saying the 3ds games will be easier, or harder, or anything like that BUT I still want a fully fledged MH on a console like the Ps3, or next gen like the WiiU or whatever next gen console sony has under wraps.

And most people already know my stance on the 3ds in general so I'll be holding out for a MH game I'll be ecstatic for.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:20 am

Yeah I agree, If not for the existence of christmas I would NEVER be able to get a 3DS or these games so I would probably just not get them. I really do want to see an MH on the PS3 since I love my PS3 and considering how great a PS3 exclusive's graphics can look (For examples check:Demon's Souls, Uncharted Series, And of course Killzone) I would love to see an MH game where they really focused on having good graphics along with everything else we want from an MH game. I want to see these kinds of graphics when I play an MH because that would be great. Also the integration of the friends list system used by the PS3/360 could really make hunting with friends easier in some aspects (Going invisible in tri makes it so friends cant see you D:)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Chahlz
Black Gravios
Chahlz

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:23 am

Yeah Demon's Souls was a great game. And I love in LP2 you can get los armour. PS3 has a lot to offer for a MH game, yet there isn't a true PS3 MH game :l
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:28 am

This only guarantees my 3DS purchase.

AND THAT SHIT LOOKED AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:48 am

While I want MH on PS3 or PS4(Assuming that comes out soon) I was mad that MH4 wont be seen on the Wii since Tri was on the Wii and what not then again im also surprised MHTG is not on the wii.....Im actually kind of surprised by every bit of MH news lately
Back to top Go down
Chahlz
Black Gravios
Chahlz

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:15 am

Sure is mad in here with all the people down voting the first post, Now I don't really care for the point system, as it is technically an infinite system with no positive or negative sides to it.

But anyways, instead of being little kiddies, why not post why you disagree, or think it is a bad post, I straight up said I'll tolerate your opinion if you can deal with mine. But obviously some of you can't seem to do that. Maybe grow up a little? Have a civil conversation? Something along those lines? I'll respect what you have to say if you can do the same for me.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:23 am

^ I neged that post for doing what you are complining about. the +/- system is just a way for people to show that they agree or disagree with what you are saying without arguing about it. no reason to get upset.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:27 am

Stating your opinion is the point of a forum though and this whole "Disagree without(known) reason" system is not really a great idea I think the +/- system has done no good at all and if anything helps trolls.

Edit:CRAP THIS SHIZZ IS GETTING DERAILED SO HERE IS SOMETHING MORE ON TOPIC

I think the addition of these new styles of hunts could REALLY make hunting more exciting assuming they are not preset to only happen in some situations(Say they only happen every time it is your first time hunting a monster) and so long as they can occur at any time if the hunter chooses to do it and is in a position to perform one of these Button Action cutscenes(Or whatever they are called I cant remember >.<) allowing for a much larger amount of variables in a hunt say for instance I am hunting a Qurupecco when suddenly I encounter a rather aggressive and persistent Nargacuga whom is essentially hell bent on murdering my soul. I could either

A) Take it head on and simply fight it
B)Run like hell like we all did in Tri and past games when we didn't want to fight it
C)Use my environment to wound/Kill the monster halting/demoralizing the monster so it won't pursue me any more

Last edited by Will on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chahlz
Black Gravios
Chahlz

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:31 am

Exactly. The +/- system is really useless imo.
There are so many different levels of disagreement. This was meant to start up a conversation about how people feel about the new game/being on the 3ds, not go "oh hey I don't like this, I'm going to just press this little - button and go on with my day"

It was encouraging engagement, pressing one little button is the opposite of engaging in something. It is being lazy if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:34 am

getting neged does not lose you any points. +ed only gains them. if you do not like the system ignore it and dont use it. just dont get upset over those that chose to.

For an explanation of the +/- system please visit:

https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t6981-and-thank-you-system-explained#118524

back on topic.

it will be interesting to see if mh4 is announced for the vita at the sony conference.

Last edited by dcj91x on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chahlz
Black Gravios
Chahlz

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:38 am

It seemed like the preview thing showed very scripted sequences that would probably only happen in single player (probably only once too), just saying, also, you were just using your hunting knife to stab the Los. Not very damaging if ya ask me.
Back to top Go down
Daggers
Popo
Daggers

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:38 am

Chahlz wrote:
Sure is mad in here with all the people down voting the first post, Now I don't really care for the point system, as it is technically an infinite system with no positive or negative sides to it.

But anyways, instead of being little kiddies, why not post why you disagree, or think it is a bad post, I straight up said I'll tolerate your opinion if you can deal with mine. But obviously some of you can't seem to do that. Maybe grow up a little? Have a civil conversation? Something along those lines? I'll respect what you have to say if you can do the same for me.

even though not excatly the same i respect you opinion. theres nothing wrong with stating your opinion as long as your not offending anyone and in no way you are. It shows alot of respect that you will even listen to other gamers voices cause most gamers dont even listen to people who dont agree with their comments. no need to get upset Chahlz just ignore it. im personally excited about the game reguardless of the system its on.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:46 am

every new generation of MH has been released on a (not portable)console... i wanna play in true HD on a big screen ;_; (nana shakes her controller in the heat of battle!)

Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Chahlz
Black Gravios
Chahlz

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:52 am

Me too Kana, me too D:
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:03 am

i hope for the sake of mah sanity broken wings = less flying

air camp is nevah fun!
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Chahlz
Black Gravios
Chahlz

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:09 am

Capcom nerfing monster trolling? Unheard of!
Back to top Go down
Arakune
Cephalos
Arakune

Thank you Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:00 am

Chahlz wrote:
Not exactly mind blown, cause MH can always be boiled down to skill in any of the games to some extent. in Tri I always gimped myself for more of a challenge. I never over powered it with armour, I did the same in P3rd, to a lesser extent in mhfu because that game is just balls to the wall hard.

Anyways, MH always requires a certain level of skill. But I did here on the 3ds they are adding a lockon type of system where you can auto fix the camera on large monsters which in MY opinion kind of removes some skill curve because part of the game has been mastering the camera.

I'm not saying the 3ds games will be easier, or harder, or anything like that BUT I still want a fully fledged MH on a console like the Ps3, or next gen like the WiiU or whatever next gen console sony has under wraps.

And most people already know my stance on the 3ds in general so I'll be holding out for a MH game I'll be ecstatic for.
HOLY HELL YOU HAVE TO PRESS ONE BUTTON TO MASTER THE CAMERA ON THE PSP
SO
FREAKING
DIFFICULT
It's not a lock-on, like you said it's basically a targeting camera, which is completely different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.   Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh look.. MH on the 3ds, again.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: 3DS :: Monster Hunter 4/MH4Ultimate-
Jump to: