Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seriously..WHAT is this?

Go down 
+27
Quentin
Eddy
Phaaze
Win32error
Venusjmd
NinSage
Ataraxia
Winson
Kakos
ShadowCeadeusDM324
CeadeusFan4Ever
Daggers
Shiera
Florenz
Godzilla2195
dcj91x
Secun
eric89caon
Oni Zelkami
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Chahlz
It's meh
Chipou
Jojozityjo
Will
Chips
Stormy Times
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Stormy Times
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://nintendoeverything.com/73641

If this is a fake, fine (and good thing, too) but if not, seriously, what the hell? Does this look like Monster Hunter to you? It to me looks like some completely different game with MH characters thrown in to fool the fans into buying it.

inb4dcjdisagrees
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Venusjmd
Bnahabra
Venusjmd

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:36 am

They can never get rid of the Felynes and Melynx, because they are cute and lively, and MH would totally not be the same without them!!

AWWWWWWWE, CUTE KITTIES!!!!! /yes/ /no/ /sad/ /mad/ /scar/ cat
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/zelkmassb
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Venusjmd wrote:
They can never get rid of the Felynes and Melynx, because they are cute and lively, and MH would totally not be the same without them!!

AWWWWWWWE, CUTE KITTIES!!!!! /yes/ /no/ /sad/ /mad/ /scar/ cat
They will put them as companions but the question is how will the new gameplay affect them traveling, will they climb and jump or will they simply dig their way until we call them?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:20 am

One thing that is important to note: whereas all the other trailers were showing off cool things with traps and ambushes, this trailer is INGAME or at least how far that has come right now. It's not some prerendered cinematic.

I think the whole climbing up monsters and stabbing them has been coming for long. The whole "hunting", as in searching for the monster, and a place to fight it, is something they could've done earlier. What is important is that they change up some of the reward system for that. If you have to spend 5 minutes every hunt in order to fight something. That has got to stay interesting, else it'll feel like extra wasting time. And it shouldn't make farming take even longer, because i genuinely have problems with it already in high rank.

But let's not forget, this could also happen.

In monster hunter 4, singleplayer mode, there are like 10 quests which include special running sections, during which extra damage can be dealt to a monster, by jumping on them, letting them fall or use some traps (tigrex runs around a corner. SURPRISE BUTTSEKS DRAGONATOR!. Anyway, it could be a really small part of the game.

On a side note: a more fluid gameplay, without the weird zones, which people have been talking about, should've really been implemented years ago.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:14 pm

In-game or not, it was just a concept trailer.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:22 pm

It's meh wrote:
A concept trailer that have brought many speculations about how the game will be
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:42 pm

ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
It's meh wrote:
A concept trailer that have brought many speculations about how the game will be

Yup.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 5:30 pm

It's meh wrote:
It's meh wrote:

Yup.

Concept trailer sure, but it was ingame. Which means that they were actually planning to go this way, and this is what they thought of as good enough to show us. It's different from the prerendered trailers shown for earlier monster hunters, as we all knew those didn't represent the gameplay at all. So it's not exactly the same. That may be obvious, but nobody else pointed it out.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Win32error wrote:
It's meh wrote:
It's meh wrote:

Yup.

Concept trailer sure, but it was ingame. Which means that they were actually planning to go this way, and this is what they thought of as good enough to show us. It's different from the prerendered trailers shown for earlier monster hunters, as we all knew those didn't represent the gameplay at all. So it's not exactly the same. That may be obvious, but nobody else pointed it out.
The first MH trailer was also ingame and looked a little how the game was, exept of that of the barrel bombs and the rathian
Back to top Go down
Phaaze
Popo
Phaaze

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Personally I would love to see the platforming in MH4. When I first read it on the wiki I will admit I didn't like the idea. However, after I saw the video I am quite enthused about it.

It just feels more realistic. I'm all for beating on monster's, but I like the idea of having to scramble across things to save your own skin. I like the idea of the environment changing because of something the monster did.

It makes everything more exciting.

As for the whole slicing into the Los thing. I think it would be more likely that the Los can still fly after that, but what happened was that it can't do extraordinarily long ranged flight. So it would only be able to fly within the map itself.

Maybe flying after that would also take more out of it so it would have to come down more instead of being a cheating bastard and staying up there the entire time.
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:16 pm

Guys stop whining and be grateful they are moving on to MH4 and probably will be released in the west.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Phaaze wrote:
Personally I would love to see the platforming in MH4. When I first read it on the wiki I will admit I didn't like the idea. However, after I saw the video I am quite enthused about it.

It just feels more realistic. I'm all for beating on monster's, but I like the idea of having to scramble across things to save your own skin. I like the idea of the environment changing because of something the monster did.

It makes everything more exciting.

As for the whole slicing into the Los thing. I think it would be more likely that the Los can still fly after that, but what happened was that it can't do extraordinarily long ranged flight. So it would only be able to fly within the map itself.

Maybe flying after that would also take more out of it so it would have to come down more instead of being a cheating bastard and staying up there the entire time.
I also thought that of 4 when I read it, but when I saw the video I was like YESSSSS YESSSSS
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:36 am

Eddy wrote:
Guys stop whining and be grateful they are moving on to MH4 and probably will be released in the west.

If it turns out to be a platformer/shooter with puzzle elements, it doesn't matter that it's released here too. Not that it will be, but you get the point.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:11 pm

As long as I get more than 20 monsters and a new MH experience I'm fine
Back to top Go down
chococake
Felyne
chococake

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:27 am

It looks like a big step in some direction from Tri but I think it looked interesting...I would have to agree with others that the running away from the monster segments would be more single player concentrated. Take the breaking pillars for example, what if one person lags behind? Do you just get a instant death toll added?
I admit I like the idea of running for your life from something 1,000 times bigger than you, seems like a good adrenaline rush...for single player.

They are trying new elements which can be taken either way. Let's just hope they keep most of the hunting like previous installments. You don't wanna mess around too much with something that works already. Take Mario for example, he jumps on Goomba's heads to this day cause it works.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:01 pm

chococake wrote:
It looks like a big step in some direction from Tri but I think it looked interesting...I would have to agree with others that the running away from the monster segments would be more single player concentrated. Take the breaking pillars for example, what if one person lags behind? Do you just get a instant death toll added?
I admit I like the idea of running for your life from something 1,000 times bigger than you, seems like a good adrenaline rush...for single player.

They are trying new elements which can be taken either way. Let's just hope they keep most of the hunting like previous installments. You don't wanna mess around too much with something that works already. Take Mario for example, he jumps on Goomba's heads to this day cause it works.

But now he also plays baseball with them, hits them with hammers, shoots them with fireballs and at some points sho them with water (super mario sunshine shouldn't have been made, nintendo used the luigi's mansion forumla because people liked it and it, mario sunshine, was a total fail) I'm not saying monster hunter 4 won't be fun but sometimes you have to experiment to find new things (ramble and babble!)
Back to top Go down
chococake
Felyne
chococake

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:28 am

We could be playing baseball with a Rathalos in Monster Hunter 4...a hammer weapon that looks like a bat to swing on his head. hehehe! :D
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:57 am

chococake wrote:
We could be playing baseball with a Rathalos in Monster Hunter 4...a hammer weapon that looks like a bat to swing on his head. hehehe! :D

And with the bow and bowgun we can throw fireballs at his face
Back to top Go down
Skinsword
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:52 pm

I'm not sure what I really want from MH4. I think the platforming and the running is nifty, but how will it translate to interesting gameplay? If I were to grind rathalos for parts, will I need to run away from him for 5 minutes before every quest? I'm sure that gets boring after a while.

With that said, I was hoping for more interactive moments in monster hunter, Like when a monster bites you and the player needs to whip out his/her carving knife and hack at the face and claws for sweet freedom. Or when a monster is down, the player leaps on the monster and uses the knife for pinpoint stabs that target the monster's weak spots (like jumping on a down rajang and cutting off one of its horns).

I also hope that they up player customization by adding new types of hunting knives or bowgun attachments.
Back to top Go down
Arakune
Cephalos
Arakune

Thank you Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:33 pm

chococake wrote:

Hey guys.
Guys.
Listen to me guys.
GUYS
Are you listening?
The hammer gets a new move, a "baseball bat", which can reflect fireballs and the likes.

IMAGINE
Back to top Go down
Spiritlord
Popo
Spiritlord

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:21 pm

I don't see why one video showing off a new gameplay mechanic means that Monster Hunter is now a completely different game. This could just be a new effective method of weakening the monster. The reason why the trailer was entirely centred round this new mechanic could just be because they want to show it off because it's new. I don't see what's wrong with having more interaction with the environment. I think that this could become a really good game. Let's not dismiss it now. Or I'm not, at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seriously..WHAT is this?   Seriously..WHAT is this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seriously..WHAT is this?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: 3DS :: Monster Hunter 4/MH4Ultimate-
Jump to: