Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
experience the MH legacy? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
experience the MH legacy? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

experience the MH legacy?

Go down 
+3
Sir Valk
Roik
NinSage
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NinSage
Kelbi
NinSage

Thank you Points : 1

experience the MH legacy? Empty
PostSubject: experience the MH legacy?   experience the MH legacy? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:42 pm

hi all,

I don't see a "general" MH forum so I am posting this here since it is the announcement of MH4 that inspired me to go back and experience the previous Generations.

As far as Gen 3, I have Tri and have derived many, many, many hours of (mostly online) joy from it.

For Gen 1, I own MH on the PS2. I started playing it yesterday and have burned through the 1-3 star quests. It then became apparent to me that, unlike Tri, you won't even see most of the monsters/equipment unless you can play online. /sad/ Which, obviously, we no longer can. /versad/

So my question is... are there any ways of experiencing the (near) entirety of the Gen 1 and 2 games? I don't own a PSP but from what I can tell, those games (MHF1+2) didn't necessitate online like the console titles. Does that mean all the online monsters/equipment/quests are accessible in 1P?

My Wii is capable of playing imports, does the Wii version of MHG approach on/offline content any differently than MH on PS2?

I've combed through all the wikis and found hints at answers but as someone who has never played those games I couldn't derive my own, concrete "yes because of ____" or "no because of ____" answers.

Thanks in advance for any/all information!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.NinTemple.com/
Roik
Tigrex
Roik

Thank you Points : 156

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: experience the MH legacy?   experience the MH legacy? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 4:02 pm

If you're looking to fight every single monster in Generation 1 and 2, you'll have to get Freedom Unite. That game has it all.
Back to top Go down
NinSage
Kelbi
NinSage

PostSubject: Re: experience the MH legacy?   experience the MH legacy? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:49 am

Thanks for the info!

And it is all available OFFLINE, yes?

Would there be any point in also getting MHF? Or is literally everything from the Gen 1 AND 2 games in MHFU?
Back to top Go down
Sir Valk
Seltas
Sir Valk

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: experience the MH legacy?   experience the MH legacy? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:01 am

NinSage wrote:
Thanks for the info!

And it is all available OFFLINE, yes?

Would there be any point in also getting MHF? Or is literally everything from the Gen 1 AND 2 games in MHFU?

Pretty much, but MHFU is for the PSP... which you don't have.

Instead of buying a PSP I would buy a new 3DS for MH4 and MHTG so (not confirmed how many) you can see some 1st and 2nd gen monsters, but still have the new MH experience.
Back to top Go down
Chahlz
Black Gravios
Chahlz

Thank you Points : 57

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: experience the MH legacy?   experience the MH legacy? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:09 am

Yeah but he is saying he wants to experience all the past monsters, so he'd have to play mhfu in order to hunt them all.
Back to top Go down
NinSage
Kelbi
NinSage

PostSubject: Re: experience the MH legacy?   experience the MH legacy? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:36 am

it looks like MHFU is $10 on Amazon and I'm just about to offer my nephew $40 bucks and a 128mb MP3 player (that I haven't used in eons) for his PSP that he only uses as an MP3 player when he falls asleep at night.

$50 bucks for Gen 1 + 2 of MH!? that's a good deal in my book.

also, I will be getting a 3DS for Christmas. I probably won't get 3G if it comes to the states because I have already gotten a pretty healthy dose of Gen 3.

But MH4 is a day-one purchase assuming it comes to the states with online multiplayer.

.... if it comes to the states it would have online multiplayer, right???
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: experience the MH legacy?   experience the MH legacy? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:50 pm

NinSage wrote:
it looks like MHFU is $10 on Amazon and I'm just about to offer my nephew $40 bucks and a 128mb MP3 player (that I haven't used in eons) for his PSP that he only uses as an MP3 player when he falls asleep at night.

$50 bucks for Gen 1 + 2 of MH!? that's a good deal in my book.

also, I will be getting a 3DS for Christmas. I probably won't get 3G if it comes to the states because I have already gotten a pretty healthy dose of Gen 3.

But MH4 is a day-one purchase assuming it comes to the states with online multiplayer.

.... if it comes to the states it would have online multiplayer, right???
Get a Xperia play for PSP games and cellphone (its more usable than a PSP alone) or get a 3DS.
Well the 3DS is better the next year since thats when (maybe) the Tri G is released, if not, get freedom for gen 1, if you want it more complete get Freedom Unite
Back to top Go down
NinSage
Kelbi
NinSage

PostSubject: Re: experience the MH legacy?   experience the MH legacy? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:56 pm

@ShadowCeadeusDM324

hey, man. thanks for the advice.

I actually already got a PSP and MHFU a few weeks ago. I'm loving it so far!!

... wish I could play it online though =\
(no PS3...)

I actually saw some of your posts last night regarding the 3DS. I just wanted to say that I really like your optimism and positive attitude... that is in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Personally, I can't wait to get my own 3DS and play MH4 on it!!

PS - you like Pokemon too? awesome!
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: experience the MH legacy?   experience the MH legacy? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:33 pm

NinSage wrote:
@ShadowCeadeusDM324

hey, man. thanks for the advice.

I actually already got a PSP and MHFU a few weeks ago. I'm loving it so far!!

... wish I could play it online though =\
(no PS3...)

I actually saw some of your posts last night regarding the 3DS. I just wanted to say that I really like your optimism and positive attitude... that is in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Personally, I can't wait to get my own 3DS and play MH4 on it!!

PS - you like Pokemon too? awesome!
Hey thanks /yes/
Yeah I like Pokemon a lot (try to read my fanfic plz!)
btw there was a way to play "online" MHFU by using the PC, something of connecting the PSP via USB and I dont know what next, I will search for it and tell you if I find something
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: experience the MH legacy?   experience the MH legacy? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:17 pm

ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:

Hey thanks /yes/
btw there was a way to play "online" MHFU by using the PC, something of connecting the PSP via USB and I dont know what next, I will search for it and tell you if I find something
You're talking about xlink kai and if you want to play online through USB alone you must have custom firmware installed on your PSP.
Back to top Go down
The Pumpkin King
Rhenoplos
The Pumpkin King

Thank you Points : -19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: experience the MH legacy?   experience the MH legacy? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:56 pm

Yamatsu wrote:

Hey thanks /yes/
You're talking about xlink kai and if you want to play online through USB alone you must have custom firmware installed on your PSP.

your forgetting the Ps3 to psp one also whats it called again? party play or something like that .....ill search for it in a bit

and respect me your leader shadow...............i am the king of all pumpkins hehehehe
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: experience the MH legacy?   experience the MH legacy? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:42 pm

The Pumpkin King wrote:
Yamatsu wrote:

Hey thanks /yes/

your forgetting the Ps3 to psp one also whats it called again? party play or something like that .....ill search for it in a bit

and respect me your leader shadow...............i am the king of all pumpkins hehehehe
Yes my liege XD
And its called ad hoc party I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: experience the MH legacy?   experience the MH legacy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

experience the MH legacy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: 3DS :: Monster Hunter 4/MH4Ultimate-
Jump to: