Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4 for the west Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4 for the west Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MH4 for the west

Go down 
+8
WinNerd
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Sariyeh
1bighiccup
Shiera
Hermz
It's meh
dcj91x
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 2:00 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/18/capcoms-christian-svensson-comments-on-monster-hunter-3g-and-4-localizations/

So likelyhood of us getting 4 seems good. But a 100% confirmation seems far off still.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:08 am

And also tri G and portable 3rd HD!

/yes/ /yes/ /yes/ /yes/
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:24 am

3rd hd does not sound like Sony will do it, too much effort. Nintendo sounds more open minded.
Back to top Go down
Hermz
Kecha Wacha
Hermz

Thank you Points : 27

3DS friends code: 1177-7813-4605
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:45 am

So...may...new...Monster Hunters...I need a 3DS. It's done. I'm getting one next week.
Back to top Go down
http://rgnkgaming.forumotion.com/
Shiera
Rathian
Shiera

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:55 am

Yeah, with the psp deaded, I'll be getting one soon too. Monster Hunter has too much of a hold on me :p
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:17 am

I would suggest holding off until:
a) it is officially announced for a Western release
and
b) they tell us if there will be special MH 3DS'
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:56 am

^ I agree with hic.

If you are planning on getting a system for just one game then wait until it is announced and a release date has been confirmed. Also wait until closer to the release date to see if there is a special adition system that comes out for it. Capcom and Sony have had special PSP's several times. I can see them doing that for the 3DS as well. I know Square is producing a special 3DS for Heroes of Ruin to come out in February.

Any ways. Do research before getting the 3DS actually know what it can do and how to use it.

Just my opinion... Though MH is a great game I do not think you should ever buy a system for just one game. Look at the other games coming out or alreay out. Make sure it's going to be something you will be happy with getting. If you got the money that's great but don't get something and regret it later. I love my 3DS but I can say it's not for everyone. The Vita is coming out soon also and though no MH has been announced for it yet, it would be hard to believe thta 4 wont be on it as well. Anyways... Good luck in what ever you decide.
Back to top Go down
Sariyeh
Rhenoplos
Sariyeh

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:28 am

+1

Personally, I'm holding out for the inevitable 3DS redesign. Hopefully, it incorporates the additional slider and bumps battery life to something approaching that of the current DS.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:02 pm

The slide pad attachment is like the classic controllor. It's just an optional, additional way to play. Noy everyone will want to use it. That includes game designers and players. In fact it was not used at all for MH3G at TGS nore did capcom reps use it.

Also nintendo has stated that it is just a periphrial and not the hinting of a new modle design. Even if they do plan on making a new design it will be several years away like it was with the DSlite. So, Hold out if you want until than... years will go by, new colors will come out and maybe even several 3rd party slide pads..

Back to top Go down
Shiera
Rathian
Shiera

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:52 am

I understand about not buying a console just for one game, though to be honest, MH Tri is the only reason I still own a Wii. I haven't had any other game in that system since getting Tri. What can I say, I'm dedicated to the MH franchise. Besides, I'll admit Zelda looks pretty badass on the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 4:29 pm

I would still get a 3DS even if MH don't come to west by many reasons I will not mention XD
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Sariyeh wrote:
+1

Personally, I'm holding out for the inevitable 3DS redesign. Hopefully, it incorporates the additional slider and bumps battery life to something approaching that of the current DS.

Be prepared to wait a long time.

and/or have your hopes destroyed.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:38 pm

A 3DS redesing isn't needed now, it will be imo in 2 years and will have more sophisticated software, by now there is no need of redesing.
Back to top Go down
Hermz
Kecha Wacha
Hermz

Thank you Points : 27

3DS friends code: 1177-7813-4605
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm getting the 3DS for Starfox and OoT too, not just MH. (This is to what hic siad) And maybe some of the other games that are coming out soon. This is just one of those "If it comes out it's a definate." kinda game.
Back to top Go down
http://rgnkgaming.forumotion.com/
Sariyeh
Rhenoplos
Sariyeh

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:43 pm

It's meh wrote:
Sariyeh wrote:
+1

Gameboy (1989) --> Gameboy Pocket (1996) --> Gameboy Color (1998)
Gameboy Advance (2001) --> Gameboy Advance SP (2003) --> Gameboy Micro (2005)
DS (2004) --> DS-lite (2006) --> DSi (2009)

Historically, not that long of a wait (~2 years) between revisions, and there is precedent for including additional functionality as part of the redesign (see DSi). I have plenty to play until then.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:17 pm

Sariyeh wrote:
It's meh wrote:
Sariyeh wrote:
+1

Gameboy (1989) --> Gameboy Pocket (1996) --> Gameboy Color (1998)
Gameboy Advance (2001) --> Gameboy Advance SP (2003) --> Gameboy Micro (2005)
DS (2004) --> DS-lite (2006) --> DSi (2009)

Historically, not that long of a wait (~2 years) between revisions, and there is precedent for including additional functionality as part of the redesign (see DSi). I have plenty to play until then.
Then lets hope for a double analog, MH themed 3DS /yes/
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:05 pm

That may be a special edition 3DS and that's it.

A redesign may as well only improve the battery life, not another attatchment that's optional.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:30 am

Nintendo did not redesign the wiimote to have a built in battery nor did they redesign it to be more like the CC/CCpro. I forsee the Attachment as staying just that. An optional attachment. Like was stated nintendo tends to send out redesigns every 2-3 years or so.... Other companies like apple do it yearly. In this however, I don't really see the point or a need for a redesign. In fact a majority of the ones saying their (should/will) be a redesign are the ones that don't have one. While I agree there are a few things on the 3DS that could have been placed better (the headphone plug for one), I do not see any of these minor flaws as a warent for a redesign anytime soon.

I do however believe we will see a lot more variety in colors and special additions coming our way though.
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:34 am

Other than the bit where the whole thing is hideous XD

On the subject of wiimote redesigns, they DID redesign it. They put the Motion Plus in, and that was originally just an extra peripheral designed for increased controls.
What's the extra slide pad? A peripheral for increased controls. It might happen. Who can say? Not us, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:46 am

I still don't understand why you think the 3DS does not look good... But I guess everyone has their own likes and dislikes.. Some like a foldable rectangle.. Others like a pill...
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:11 am

dcj91x wrote:
I still don't understand why you think the 3DS does not look good... But I guess everyone has their own likes and dislikes.. Some like a foldable rectangle.. Others like a pill...

I think they just don't like it.

People don't like the whole clam-shell design for reasons unknown.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:10 pm

It's meh wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

Clam Shell desing? Wut?
Back to top Go down
WinNerd
Khezu
WinNerd

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sweden

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:18 pm

ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
It's meh wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

Clam Shell desing? Wut?

I'm guessing the folding screens.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:25 pm

WinNerd wrote:
ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
It's meh wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

Clam Shell desing? Wut?

I'm guessing the folding screens.
exactly, yes.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Folding Screens... oh, the ones like the DS...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MH4 for the west Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 for the west   MH4 for the west Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MH4 for the west
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next