Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Anybody else disappointed by MW3? - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Anybody else disappointed by MW3? - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anybody else disappointed by MW3?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BT Esq
Seregios
BT Esq

Thank you Points : 94

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Anybody else disappointed by MW3? - Page 2 Empty
PostAnybody else disappointed by MW3?

Preordered it eons ago and picked it up earlier this week. I finished the campaign in one day and have played a couple of days worth of the multiplayer. The multiplayer basically feels the same and the campaign seemed short with an anticlimactic ending. There were some intense moments, but it just lacked that overall feeling of awesomeness that I've come to expect from the COD titles.

Anybody else feel the same way?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Anybody else disappointed by MW3? :: Comments

Tarath
Re: Anybody else disappointed by MW3?
Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:11 pm by Tarath
Vortiene wrote:
it is a shotgun solution for quick play and instant action, and as a hardcore gamer who wants deep games, I don't find it satisfying at all...plus, anger based online games really make me...angry. I dont play games to get angry, I play them to have fun, and if I am angry more than I am having fun, it is a shitty game...my opinion.

thus yeah, i say it sucks.

^Everything posted here is essentially my opinion.
Ares
Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:29 pm by Ares
Same for all of us who dislike cod. IMO, if you've never played a game other than an fps, you're not a gamer.

And some people say that MW3 is better than Skyrim ,the nerve...
Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:30 pm by Guest
The thing is many people think it is "an amazing series" because everyone buys it, but the reason everyone buys it is because it is a really easy game to jump in and play for short periods, which is not the case with games like skyrim, where you have to play for long hours to get anywhere, or even accomplish anything. Widespread appeal makes a game market well, along with being a good game in general of course. But you see a lot of good games that don't appeal to a large audience not sell a huge amount (monster hunter series for example. It's clearly a great game series, and very innovative despite some shortcomings, yet it doesn't sell a huge amount because it doesn't particularly appeal to western players.)

Whereas something like wii play, for example, sells a HUGE amount, even though it isn't the best game ever made. The desire for extra stuff(wiimote) and a game that does not cater to any audience in particular as hardcore games do makes it popular.

So that's why so many people buy it, not because it is an incredibly well made game series...they are mediocre at best.
Ares
Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:34 pm by Ares
Vortiene wrote:
The thing is many people think it is "an amazing series" because everyone buys it, but the reason everyone buys it is because it is a really easy game to jump in and play for short periods, which is not the case with games like skyrim, where you have to play for long hours to get anywhere, or even accomplish anything. Widespread appeal makes a game market well, along with being a good game in general of course. But you see a lot of good games that don't appeal to a large audience not sell a huge amount (monster hunter series for example. It's clearly a great game series, and very innovative despite some shortcomings, yet it doesn't sell a huge amount because it doesn't particularly appeal to western players.)

Whereas something like wii play, for example, sells a HUGE amount, even though it isn't the best game ever made.

So that's why so many people buy it, not because it is an incredibly well made game series...they are mediocre at best.

Exactly. Some people at school the other day were discussing mw3, and how mush it made them angry but they still loved it. How does that make since? to love something that makes you angry like vort said in his previous post. And They still say it's their favorite game. 2 things wrong.

Things make me mad me no like

How can an FPS be your favorite game. even if you find any joy in it, I cant see where you'd find enough to call it your favorite game, especially with as many cheap tactics and campers there are online. It's worse than SSBB online...
Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:40 pm by Guest
Hey, I love battlefield bad company 2 (and BF3 is beginning to grow on me yet I still doubt it a bit), but thats mainly because in it you can step back from the close range rage or be raged at brawl, and have a chill out sniping. (REAL sniping, not just "using a sniper at the normal assault rifle range" as you do in cod)

In COD you can't snipe for shit, since the level design forces you to attack head on and flank every nanosecond. You can't snipe because within 2 minutes someone will creep up behind you and knife you. You are forced into the angry gameplay methods, and that's what I don't like. I enjoy being able to sit back and relax if I get worked up. That's what shooters need to have.

But yeah I can't ever see a war simulation FPS as my fave game ever...they are extremely shallow 90% of the time.
Ares
Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:45 pm by Ares
Vortiene wrote:
Hey, I love battlefield bad company 2 (and BF3 is beginning to grow on me yet I still doubt it a bit), but thats mainly because in it you can step back from the close range rage or be raged at brawl, and have a chill out sniping. (REAL sniping, not just "using a sniper at the normal assault rifle range" as you do in cod)

In COD you can't snipe for shit, since the level design forces you to attack head on and flank every nanosecond. You can't snipe because within 2 minutes someone will creep up behind you and knife you. You are forced into the angry gameplay methods, and that's what I don't like. I enjoy being able to sit back and relax if I get worked up. That's what shooters need to have.

But yeah I can't ever see a war simulation FPS as my fave game ever...they are extremely shallow 90% of the time.

I never did play BF2 or BF3 so i have no say in that, but ive heard they're good, Ive also heard similar things about Halo but dont have an Xbox so ive really only played em at friends houses. But anyways, cant stand cod, except i still sometimes go back to WaW to play Nazi Zombies on the zombie factory map pack. Best thing in cod history imo.

Anybody else disappointed by MW3?

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2