Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Something not really Talked about.. I think. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Something not really Talked about.. I think. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Something not really Talked about.. I think.

Go down 
+11
quidam
Lucas
Win32error
Yamatsu
Derb
Black Rain
Baltan Seijin
Quentin
It's meh
bentetris
dcj91x
15 posters
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Something not really Talked about.. I think. Empty
PostSubject: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:42 am

Several things to point out:

one, a lot of people have talked about how not ever monster from P3rd is not in 3G, some are dissapointed. I think this is a good thing. Shouldn't some monsters remain exclusive to p3rd? Otherwise what would be the point of continuing to play p3rd; believe it or not some people do play spacific MH game spacifically for the monsters in it.

All the subspecies... There are a lot of subspecies in 3G. This, again is another point of debate for many people. some like it some don't. Myself I look at it this way. 3G is using a new engin on a new system, it's an exsperement leading into a new game (MH4). All the subs of 3G are a good way of testing out different elements and looks without neccesaraly introducing new monsters that they can hold off on until MH4. They can add a lot without actually giving away anything new that they can hold onto until their new game and test out out lot of new things in the process to see how "Stuff" works on the new system.

3: No one has really talked about sound. This is just a curiosity for me. Though the speakers of the 3Ds are not so great at putting out a lot of high quallity sound the 3Ds its self is. How does 3G sounds with some good ear buds in? Anyone with a copy of the game willing to comment on this?

4: Dynamic shadowing has been only breifly mentioned. The great looks of 3G has been talked about and the superb use of the 3D effect and lighting but does the shadowing really add a lot to the game? Well? I think so, anything that adds more realism to an already great game just makes it all that much better. Yes i know it's hard to add realism to a game like monster hunter but I'm just talking about the look of it.

Well, these are just a few things that I don't think get talked about too often. what do you think about them and what are some other things you think get over looked but are important?

Back to top Go down
bentetris
Kelbi
bentetris

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:34 pm

I'll share my thoughts on those, certainly.

1. Missing P3rd monsters
As someone with no PSP, I was definitely a little disappointed to find out that 3 G most likely does't have every P3rd monster, but I do agree with your point that each game should have at least something exclusive to it. Otherwise you're right, they would just be making old games obsolete with each new edition.

2. Subspecies Everywhere
I don't personally see it as an issue of subspecies everywhere (it's a G version, they ALWAYS add tons of subspecies in G versions), I think it's an issue of new monsters nowhere. In comparison to 2 new monsters, the volume of subspecies looks excessive. I personally don't have any issue with subspecies, in fact most of them excite me.

3. Sound/Music
Well, doesn't the MH team pretty much just reuse the same music and SFX anyway? I don't imagine sound will be notably better or worse than Tri and P3rd. I am interested in hearing the new music though (Bracchi fight, etc).

4. Beefed up graphical effects
It's definitely impressive that they got the game looking so good with the dynamic shadows/lighting + 3D visuals. I think the full impact of it can't really hit you until you actually play the game on a 3DS, though.

Last edited by bentetris on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:02 pm

1. Don't care, it still has quite a bit of monsters in the game, as well as returning monsters from Tri, so it's fine in my book.

2. I welcome subspecies tbh, and I don't care if monsters have 2 or 3 of them... although, it's kind of a bummer to see that there isn't a gobul sub... ; - ;

3. I figure using head phones would definantly make the sound better than listening to the speakers. (It was like that for my PSP and DS... unless my speakers were trash)

4. The shadows are awesome, and i do believe I kept pointing that out :D It makes plesioth look boss in the videos.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:39 pm

1&2-I've only played Tri, so I'm fine with whatever in the he'll I can get.

3-I just got a 3DS myself and the sound is much better than the DS

4-It makes the game even better looking
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:40 pm

^ What are some things you don't think have been talked about much?
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Items in the game.
How different the areas look.
Areas in general (the count of the areas and which ones are gone/added)

Some of the things not talked about much.
Back to top Go down
Baltan Seijin
Kelbi
Baltan Seijin

Thank you Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:33 pm

1. I actually have to disagree for a few reasons. First of all, the 3DS is region locked. Secondly, the 3DS and the PSP are two completely different consoles. Thirdly, 3G doesn't have online at all while P3rd atleast has AdHoc Party. Lastly, there are some other things that the two games do differently (like the farm and the spa). I don't believe that 3G having the same cast of monsters would obselete P3rd. However, as much I wish Tigrex and Black Tigrex returned, I'm perfectly fine with the cast in 3G.

2. Subespecies has never been an issue with me recently. Atleast most of the subpsecies in 3G and P3rd have differences from their original counterparts. Most of Freedom Unite's monsters had only worse rage modes.

3. The sound quality is pretty good, in my opinion. Although, I'm not very aound savvy so I'm not the best person to get this from.

4. The dynamic shading looks nice especially with 3D on, giving off a nice 3 Dimensional look. However, I don't use 3D.
Back to top Go down
Black Rain
Melynx
Black Rain

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Imo the 3d is beautiful on cut scenes but cut scenes alone, it's to impossible to play the game in 3d my eyes start to hurt and if I twitch the whole thing is stuffed and have to get back into that groove again.

Subspecies
I believe the subs are awesome because I like to see different colors and a different element on a particular weapon or armor.

Shadows
I love the shadowing, sometimes I cart because I'm following my shadow half the time.
Back to top Go down
http://fadedrex.deviantart.com/
Derb
Rhenoplos

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:04 am

Overall, I'm happy with the monster total. Subspecies and otherwise. I'm a little disappointed that I may have to wait til MH4 to have a chance at hunting Tigrex, but I digress.

3D and shadows. I haven't played it so I can't attest to the 3D being good or not. But in my 3DS experience, the less 3D the better. I don't necessarily mean none, but anything more than subtle is a distraction. Pokemon Rumble Blast is the only game with pleasant and simple 3D. As for shadows, it took me going back and comparing it side by side with Tri to remind myself how poor shadows used to be. The dynamic shadowing is truly glorious.

What I'm curious about are the armor skills for the monsters new to Tri. (Since p3rd seemed to be widely different with what skills were put on armors). And if there are any new skills, or if the ones introduced to p3rd return here.
Back to top Go down
Black Rain
Melynx
Black Rain

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:21 am

Derb wrote:
What I'm curious about are the armor skills for the monsters new to Tri. (Since p3rd seemed to be widely different with what skills were put on armors). And if there are any new skills, or if the ones introduced to p3rd return here.

Ive noticed some skills like awaken is back and I have this weird skill, when a monster roars my arm glows like awaken in p3rd but instead of being blue it's red and puts my affinity down.
Back to top Go down
http://fadedrex.deviantart.com/
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:56 am

Black Rain wrote:
Derb wrote:

Ive noticed some skills like awaken is back and I have this weird skill, when a monster roars my arm glows like awaken in p3rd but instead of being blue it's red and puts my affinity down.
A negative version of Force Out? Sounds like it...
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:27 am

Black Rain wrote:
it's red and puts my affinity down.

Isn't that just dragonblight from MH3? I thought that was gone?
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Win32error wrote:
Black Rain wrote:

It's a skill which causes this effect
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Lucas wrote:
Win32error wrote:
Black Rain wrote:

It's a skill which causes this effect

But he says it's when a monster roars....i didn't know there was one like that.

Okay, maybe earplugs, but that has effect on the roar, not something else.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:29 pm

"I have this weird skill, when a monster roars my arm glows like awaken in p3rd but instead of being blue it's red and puts my affinity down."

A new (negative) skill mayhaps
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:22 pm

like... a negative counterpart to earplugs? you get roared AND affinity decreases?
Back to top Go down
Derb
Rhenoplos

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:05 pm

Uhhh. No. That's a negative version of Unleashed if you've looked at the p3rd wiki.

Unleashed normally increases affinity and reduces stamina consumption when you first encounter a monster. This appears to do the opposite.

Also, dragonblight is back in this game.

When mimisu (the guy on youtube who sped through the game) goes on quests he showed what armor he was wearing and what skills he had. The stuff was in japanese of course, but one of the skills seemed to be marked with a hammer icon in parenthesis, and he was in fact using a hammer. Maybe there's a new skill that's specifically for hammer users?
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:09 pm

^ that sounds interesting... if it's true it could mean specific skills for other weapon classes too. Although, wouldn't someone have said something about that by now?
Back to top Go down
Derb
Rhenoplos

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Never mind, the hammer looking icon is just an M for medium.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung
Oni Zelkami

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:08 pm

I don't look at Monster Hunter that way. If there's not a specific Monster I like in the game, who cares? I wanna kill things. If my favorite Monster happens not to be including, I'm a bit disappointed, but it's better than no game at all.
Back to top Go down
Arakune
Cephalos
Arakune

Thank you Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:37 pm

Point n°1 is the exact reason why we don't get Frontier monsters. Nobody would play Frontier if we did.

Subspecies since P3 are good. Pre-P3 subspecies most of the time sucked because they were ONLY color swaps. With the exception of Copper Blangonga, which is the first true subspecies, the others were not worthy.

Now we have subspecies with different moves, different behavior, different places to fight...much, MUCH better. Hell, i find Thunder Gigginox and Black Tigrex completely different fights.
Back to top Go down
bentetris
Kelbi
bentetris

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:39 am

Two things that I think haven't been talked about...

1. Are capture quests back in 3G, seeing as they were gone in P3rd?

2. Is there any chance the rest of the monster icons from 3G will be photographed any time soon? I could use them for something directly related to the fan art project I'm organizing.

Last edited by bentetris on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:28 am

portable 3rd G > tri G > portable 3rd > tri

nuff said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something not really Talked about.. I think.   Something not really Talked about.. I think. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something not really Talked about.. I think.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: