Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lance and switchaxe

Go down 
+14
Lucas
Palas
Yuki
Kanade
Rene
Shepherd
Bimasena009
It's meh
Leonhardt
laoshanicrus
Quentin
Win32error
Axel3
MGRaiden97
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

First with the lance, It seems as if it is stronger than most weapons, for example, i can kill a royal ludroth faster with the agnaktors lance than i can with the wyvern blade long sword, both are fully upgraded. The long sword attacks faster, so i would imagine itd do way more damage, and with both weapons i am attacking pretty much the whole time. I have compared this with other monsters like the los, and different weapons, the lance beats them all except the hammer. Are they the 2 strongest types of weapons in the game? I do remember seeing it said somewhere.

Also with switch axes, I dont really use them, and not many others do either. Online i usually only see low ranks using them, almost all more experienced players dont use them either, what is it about them? Do they suck compared to other weapons in any way?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:01 pm

Stabster wrote:
Chips wrote:
Stabster wrote:
In terms of damage, fade slash doesn't influence that much. At most, it would be 30 seconds in arena.

Fade slash is one of the strongest attacks an LS has damage-wise, and use wise =/

Barbarian Sharq (P), with Yellow Bar, on Alatreon's foot does 18 damage. The spirit finisher does 26. the Spirit 3 does 41.

Comparing these by how easy it is to utilize and perform the attack. Fade slash does a decent amount of damage. Now imagine using the fade slash instead of dodging. It racks up quite a bit.

Also you can fade slash Barroth any day, in fact if you really wanted too, you can literally fade slash circles around it.

You can also play matador with a barroth. As it charges you fade slash at the correct time hitting it while dodging it as it heads straight for you o.ob.

The fade slash helps you maintain your spirit gauge, but spirit slashes do more damage than the fade slash. The main strength of the fade slash is to increase your spirit gauge while getting in position. Damage has little importance to do with the fade slash. LS is a dps weapon and it has a spirit gauge that will go down over time, so it's very important to keep the bar up. This makes LS the most aggressive style weapon in the game, therefore, positioning is up-most very important in terms of damage over time.
The reason why I dislike the LS is that you can do similar amount of damage with a different weapon and have more defensive capabilities.
However, I would use LS on baggi and jaggi since they're easy, thin and small, and I want easy high damage. However, hammer can be just as useful in terms of damage against baggi and jaggi (like in the arena). Also, hammer can stun the monster.

Basically what I have been saying..... Fade Slash isn't for main attacking, it's to position, but its better than dodging. That's what I'm trying to prove, since you were so adamant on saying how fade slash isn't useful and that you should dodge instead. I'm showing that by fade slashing instead of dodging, you do a well decent amount of damage that compares to Spirit 1 and 2. I used Spirit 3 and Finisher as a comparison on how much damage they do.

Also I think Lance is potentially the most aggressive weapon, especially when evade-lancing, because you attack non-stop basically. But aggressiveness really depends on player style, as there are those who play carefully and those who don't.

Yes LS is a demanding weapon to be aggressive, but than again if you want to do good damage, you have to be aggressive with most weapons such as SnS, SA, Lance, and of course LS.

Only weapons that doesnt need that much demand for aggressiveness is Hammer and GS. But that's also debatable.

BUT My point is, and what point always has been is that you can just fade slash instead of dodging mid way through or and the Spirit 3 of a Spirit Combo to i) retain meter ii) do damage iii) position yourself for more attacks iv) possible move out of the way from an incoming attack.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Stabster wrote:
Lance obviously has high defense mobility, SA has side step like the lance, gs has guard and you just draw charge most of the time with it, gunner has long range and some guns have guard and monsters target them less than blade masters, and sns has highest immovably and has a shield.

LS has more mobility than hammer, but hammer doesn't stay near the monster all the time. It stays back and charges up and then goes in and delivers the blow of burst damage, similar to gs.

The LS stays closer to the monster than the hammer style of fighting. SO...LS stays close to the monster than all of the weapons, except lance, SA, and sns; however, those weapons have more defensive capabilities (like I said on previous posts).

Therefore, why not just do similar damage and have more/better defensive capabilities and tactics?

Hammer and especially the GS don't really "fight" compared to the other weapons.

Honestly the LS seems boring to me, but that's my opinion, like everything else.

Because I don't need to guard o.ob, that's why I evade-lance, and backhop through literally everything, and fade slash my way to monster's rear, and dodge to upswing into Jho's face. and Predict Super Pounds. And roll with my Nardesboche into a frenzy of slashes into Ala's tummy.

Pretty much that. Because I find guarding as a crutch.

Last edited by Chips on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Stabster wrote:
Yes, which I said some posts ago. LS depends on evade+1/+2 way more than any other weapon in the game. Pretty much, if a player doesn't have evade+1/+2 with LS, you know they will suck. Why you think most/(maybe all) of the long swords in arena have evade +1/+2 or evade up with them?

I think evade+1/+2 skill is a crutch..but wutever.

Cuz arena is easy mode?
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:25 pm

Stabster wrote:
Yes, which I said some posts ago. LS depends on evade+1/+2 way more than any other weapon in the game. Pretty much, if a player doesn't have evade+1/+2 with LS, you know they will suck.

Not entirely true, because you don't need to dodge, if you can predict movements, hence the fade slashing o.O.
Evade+1/2 works pretty much on every weapon to boost aggressiveness of a player. However it's not needed if someone isn't greedy with hits.

Basically that. It's very easy to also say that Lance depends on Guard+1/2 or Evade+1 to be effective. Without those skills, Lance loses about half it's potential, and would just be a slow sluggish weapon with decent damage. (Unless of course you're speed running and trapping the monster like there's no tomorrow, in which you can constantly aim for the head).

To say that LS depends on Evade+1/2 is basically saying Lance would suck like hell without Guard+1/2 or Evade
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Stabster wrote:
Lucas wrote:
Stabster wrote:
Yes, which I said some posts ago. LS depends on evade+1/+2 way more than any other weapon in the game. Pretty much, if a player doesn't have evade+1/+2 with LS, you know they will suck. Why you think most/(maybe all) of the long swords in arena have evade +1/+2 or evade up with them?

I think evade+1/+2 skill is a crutch..but wutever.

Cuz arena is easy mode?

Easier to have godlike armor on ala than doing wyvern tri arena with crappy armor and having to evade with lance without evade+1/+2 skill?

P.S. Trolling isn't welcomed

LOL, go read your first post on this forum..
And P.S lance a shield
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos
Palas

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Quote :
Therefore, why not just do similar damage and have more/better defensive capabilities and tactics?

It depends on the monster. The LS has a huge horizontal range (You can hit monsters that are at your side with the fade slash while getting closer to them), which is always good, and can reach tails - even moving tails - easily, which is not the case for the SnS and even for the Lance sometimes.

The LS is, essentially, a Tomahawk missile to me. When you focus on one single part of the monster, it really shines, breaking it in record time.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:31 pm

You know nothing about LS, please stop posting about it especially in threads that don't involve them, thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Stabster wrote:

Just go LS and red spirit guage 24/7 for huge dps damage OR do what I do and get a GS and lvl3 charge it 24/7 and kill it in time 100%.

You brought it up, and I added insight. Than you said more things, and I proceeded to add insight o.O.

Also Lance still does damage close enough to GS and LS on Jhen. It's a sandbag just waiting to be hit. Also you forgot the Spinal Cracks, and the points when you can constantly go inside the cracks when they're broken and literally just stand there poking it without having to reposition much.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:00 pm

I wish there was a guild card like the psp games because I've probably Lance'd more than you have =,=;;

You brought up the LS with random hate in every thread you've posted in. You brought up DPS, SKills and "elo" then you complain about people caring too much about DPS, Skills and "elo"

Troll or just plain stupid?
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Stabster wrote:
Chips wrote:
Stabster wrote:

Just go LS and red spirit guage 24/7 for huge dps damage OR do what I do and get a GS and lvl3 charge it 24/7 and kill it in time 100%.

You brought it up, and I added insight. Than you said more things, and I proceeded to add insight o.O.

Also Lance still does damage close enough to GS and LS on Jhen. It's a sandbag just waiting to be hit. Also you forgot the Spinal Cracks, and the points when you can constantly go inside the cracks when they're broken and literally just stand there poking it without having to reposition much.

Yeah, I lvl 3 charge combo it with gs...way more damage with quick charge and critical draw. I did mention the spinal cracks, but I called them something else, everyone knows that anyways. I feel like yall need to play with more weapons.

Doing 50+ lvl3 charges on a monster with gs is only possible on the jhen, which is so much damage. (unless you spam trap jho or something)

The lance has a huge freaking shield for god sake. What's more obvious than that visual information. GS has a huge blade (more raw power) and LS has a damage multiplier from the "spirit" of the sword.

P.S. Joke: Random friend seems a little less than a friend for some reason.

Because Visual Information isn't accurate? and I have said before... Lance does the same amount on Jhen, as a LS and GS would. On practically every body part.

Never saying GS and LS isn't good for Jhen, they're great, but I'm saying Lance is just as good. I thought that was clear 3 pages ago o.O. I'm only saying it because you said using Lance on Jhen would be suck due to damage. So yea. Why did you bring up Jhen again o.o....
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos
Palas

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Stabster wrote:
Kanade wrote:
I wish there was a guild card like the psp games because I've probably Lance'd more than you have =,=;;

You brought up the LS with random hate in every thread you've posted in. You brought up DPS, SKills and "elo" then you complain about people caring too much about DPS, Skills and "elo"

Not in every thread /no/
Also, fyi, I dislike the LS.

That much is... really clear.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Stabster wrote:
Kanade wrote:

Not in every thread /no/
Also, gs and ls does more damage on jhen when compared to lance. I tried it in the past and most of older players said it, too. They're gone now...sniff*

Well you tried in..... the past....and obviously you didn't know about the free 2000 dmg to the mouth during the final stages. =/ sooo..... yeaaa.......

I tried it like.... just recently >.> like.... an hour ago.... Using a Lance, and than an LS. o.o
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Stabster wrote:
Chips wrote:
Stabster wrote:
Kanade wrote:

Not in every thread /no/
Also, gs and ls does more damage on jhen when compared to lance. I tried it in the past and most of older players said it, too. They're gone now...sniff*

Well you tried in..... the past....and obviously you didn't know about the free 2000 dmg to the mouth during the final stages. =/ sooo..... yeaaa.......

I tried it like.... just recently >.> like.... an hour ago.... Using a Lance, and than an LS. o.o

Try with gs, gs does more than ls on jhen for me.

I GS'd it too. It's basically the same o.O.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Stabster wrote:
Well it didn't for me...o wells...anyways do players still upswing other players out of the boat? Heck one time I completed jhen with an ala sns and did the most hitting, now that's funny. Whenever I had a lance user in jhen quests, it's usually slower than usual. Also, the jhen's mouth doesn't stay still, so wouldn't burst damage be more efficient?

Try using Vangis gemmed in for

Autotracker
AUL
Sharp+1
Speed Sharpen.

^Works for every weapon consistently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lance and switchaxe   Lance and switchaxe - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lance and switchaxe
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii :: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)-
Jump to: