Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Who says you cant headlock? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Who says you cant headlock? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who says you cant headlock?

Go down 
+6
kama
haruno
blackice
Palas
Yuki
MGRaiden97
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Who says you cant headlock? Empty
PostSubject: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:50 pm

The overused headlocking Ian/Los from MH1 as we all know, is possible in offline mode. But I have found out how to have it possible for online as well.

I'm not sure if anyone has tried it but, Alatreon Gleam and any armor with Adrenaline+2 and Element Atk Up can make it possible, those skills are minimal. Also with a Mega Demondrug

First, just eat so that you have health -30, this will make the process faster. While starting the quest, drop down 2 LGBB+ and do some damage to yourself, then a SMBB (this varies on your defense), then drink a mega demondrug (other atk boosts are optional), then find the ian. (If you are playing with others, make sure it sees you first)

When it has the yellow "!" just simple attack the head once, then do the counter attack for its scream, the pattern you should follow is low thrust, high thrust, high thrust. 2 low thrusts will not work unless you have more atk boosts (Atk Up Lg, or Might Pills should work with 2 low thrusts)

I have been able to do this with some other people attack it also, but sometimes it can get out. For a + rank one it is impossible to do on your own, you cant get enough damage to make it stagger with a lance, but with 2 people it is possible, and is quite fun.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:52 am

Lol this reminds me of my adventures trying to figure out if headlocking was indeed possible never tried it your method though. I instead tried attack up M, adrenaline+2, sharpness+1, and eating for attack up large. Did not work as I had hoped I'll try your method later on this week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:56 am

hit it till it dies?
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos
Palas

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:00 am

I thought this might be possible from the moment I found an Ian with my Gleam for the first time. She barely moved.

And I made some progress, though of course I never could headlock any of them. Judge me all you want, but my first attack is always the charge. Not the charge per se, but that final thrust. Wasn't it the single most powerful lance attack? You have to time it correctly in order not to strike with one of those weak mid-charge attacks, but it worked for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:20 am

i just did the math (aka had the computer do it) and this is possible with just attack up L and adren +2 on low rank ian... you dont need mega demon drug, kitchen atk up or anything lol

Damage
Hit 1: ([414 + 2.3 x 35] x 1.3 x 0.28 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1.32 x 0.9 x 1 / 2.3 + [450 x 1] x 1.125 x 0.35 x 1 / 10) x 0.95 x 1 = 105
Hit 2: ([414 + 2.3 x 35] x 1.3 x 0.28 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1.32 x 0.9 x 1 / 2.3 + [450 x 1] x 1.125 x 0.35 x 1 / 10) x 0.95 x 1 = 105
Hit 3: ([414 + 2.3 x 35] x 1.3 x 0.3 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1.32 x 0.9 x 1 / 2.3 + [450 x 1] x 1.125 x 0.35 x 1 / 10) x 0.95 x 1 = 111
Total:321 damage for a upstab combo and the stager limit for low rank ian is 300hp

now with the normal stab at the begining:
Hit 1: ([414 + 2.3 x 35] x 1.3 x 0.23 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1.32 x 0.9 x 1 / 2.3 + [450 x 1] x 1.125 x 0.35 x 1 / 10) x 0.95 x 1 = 89
Hit 2: ([414 + 2.3 x 35] x 1.3 x 0.28 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1.32 x 0.9 x 1 / 2.3 + [450 x 1] x 1.125 x 0.35 x 1 / 10) x 0.95 x 1 = 105
Hit 3: ([414 + 2.3 x 35] x 1.3 x 0.3 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1.32 x 0.9 x 1 / 2.3 + [450 x 1] x 1.125 x 0.35 x 1 / 10) x 0.95 x 1 = 111
total:305 damage once to stagger

/yes/

(feels smart even though barley did any of his own math there)

as for offline ian... i can headlock that with calm sands g naked with no buffs xD

Last edited by blackice on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:25 am

Can you tell me that armor set for the elemental version? I am really curious to test out that set.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:26 am

so...what is the point of this?
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:28 am

the point for me is wanting to feel smart without doing any work wutsoever xD
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:37 am

Lol well I feel even dumber than before after reading the calculations. I was never in to the math behind monster hunter I just like to play the game. My friend used to love to bring up all the dam sometimes since I have bage formulas and tell me what weapons to use. It was infuriating at times being told how to play by a person that had recent;y started playing.
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:45 am

Vortiene wrote:
hit it till it dies?
yep pretty much

Kushala Princess wrote:
Can you tell me that armor set for the elemental version? I am really curious to test out that set.
The lagiacrus normal set will get you elemental atk up. I spent an hour getting a perfect video where the ian doesnt get away from me. Ill have the video uploaded in a few hours if your interested. Ill post the link on here when it is
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:59 am

blackice wrote:
i just did the math (aka had the computer do it) and this is possible with just attack up L and adren +2 on low rank ian... you dont need mega demon drug, kitchen atk up or anything lol

Damage
Hit 1: ([414 + 2.3 x 35] x 1.3 x 0.28 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1.32 x 0.9 x 1 / 2.3 + [450 x 1] x 1.125 x 0.35 x 1 / 10) x 0.95 x 1 = 105
Total:321 damage for a upstab combo and the stager limit for low rank ian is 300hp

now with the normal stab at the begining:
Hit 1: ([414 + 2.3 x 35] x 1.3 x 0.23 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1.32 x 0.9 x 1 / 2.3 + [450 x 1] x 1.125 x 0.35 x 1 / 10) x 0.95 x 1 = 89
total:305 damage once to stagger

/yes/

(feels smart even though barley did any of his own math there)

as for offline ian... i can headlock that with calm sands g naked with no buffs xD
Sorry i had to double post, but im lazy. But nice, im going to have to try getting adrenaline with atk up lg, that would be more efficent, since you wouldnt have to bomb yourself. I will try that later when i have the chance. But thanks for looking into that!
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:06 am

Thank you very much. <3 I am looking foward to watching it. Hopefully I have some good luck when I attempt headlocking ian later.
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:44 am

Uploaded faster than i thought but here is the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9tLEs1w8EY&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 4:00 am

In all honesty the only time calculations matter are when you can do it mid fight against said monster and being able to calculate the damage you do to each point........ Only top hunters do this or so i heard.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 4:01 am

MGRaiden97 wrote:

impressive. give me more reason to try this on Ian soon :D
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:46 am

I shall try this tomorrow after returning from school I am hoping things go smoothly. I was never really comfortable lancing raths. D:
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:35 pm

haruno wrote:
In all honesty the only time calculations matter are when you can do it mid fight against said monster and being able to calculate the damage you do to each point........ Only top hunters do this or so i heard.
yahhh i never use math i just did this once to feel smart xD i just used divine whim tho lol so it wasnt really doing math xD
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:27 am

haruno wrote:

Or you can use the calcs to tell you the areas to focus on.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:23 am

^this thread is all.the way from march XD
Back to top Go down
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Man, what was the music in that video? I know it's Monster Hunter Frontier, but I dunno which monster. Please tell me before the thread locks if possible :p
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:33 pm

MGRaiden97 wrote:

>_> yu used meh theme song in this... now I gotta try it..

Kitsu The song is Ravientes (AKA: Otot in his Monster Form) theme fight song, the origonal species.

I can send you an Mp3 of it if you want ( on my ipod, practically wake up to that song everyday XD )
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Otoshimo wrote:
MGRaiden97 wrote:

>_> yu used meh theme song in this... now I gotta try it..

Kitsu The song is Ravientes (AKA: Otot in his Monster Form) theme fight song, the origonal species.

I can send you an Mp3 of it if you want ( on my ipod, practically wake up to that song everyday XD )

Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 6:34 pm

Locked because necrobump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who says you cant headlock?   Who says you cant headlock? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who says you cant headlock?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii :: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)-
Jump to: