Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU

Go down 
+10
parasky
Kurtz
Tarath
DannyLee94
blackice
Tomderdepp
Deridor
Yamatsu
BoredForLife
Akai the White Lightning
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Akai the White Lightning
Gore Magala
Akai the White Lightning

Thank you Points : 56

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU   A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:25 am

First topic message reminder :

So, I own MHFU on my Vita, been into it a time now. I'm to a point where my most recent kill was a Gypoceros, and my best weapon the Dark Scythe or Snow Venom Dual Blades. I'm decked out in Daimyo Hermitaur armour, upped as far as I can do so at HR1 really.
But I am curious of a few things.
First, which Long Sword and Dual Sword paths are recomended? I'm planning to make another LS down the Iron Katana line until I can make it into this thunder LS I've heard of. But otherwise, I'm unsure as to what I should be doing as not to be set too far back.
Secondly, a more general question, does anyone have some bow tips? I enjoy the weapon, and can use it decently I'd like to think, but as I'm also lost as to weapon lines and recomended coatings. Is it even a practical weapon offline, or should it be more reserved for multiplayer hunts as a backup weapon?
Lastly, this I'm not sure anyone can answer, but does will my PS Vita played MHFU(even though said game is a PSP game) work with PSP users via ad hoc? I'd like to think so, but was curious if it'd been attempted.
This is The White Lightning, starting MHFU.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Akai the White Lightning
Gore Magala
Akai the White Lightning

Thank you Points : 56

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU   A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Right now hunting down Tigrex's and Kushala Daora with my Eager Cleaver and Black Scythe.
Was wondering though if I should make the Monoblos Scythe, or White Manits upgrade? I have the heart needed by my considerable luck.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU   A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:03 pm

i would say i knew but aperantly ls doesnt have a weapon tree lol
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU   A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 6:37 am

Neither weapon is very good in the long run. Weiss crescent (final white mono upgrade) is overpowered by the relatively easy to get atlantica Ls at g-rank.

Same with the monoblos scythe path. Many greater fire weapons exist.

The weapons should be useful for low-high rank though, so it really depends on what you;re gonna fight. Find out what monsters you will fight the most and pick which weapon based on your most common monsters' weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
Kurtz
Kurtz

Thank you Points : 21

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU   A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 11:10 am

Dat Akai's so nice, pretending he still has stuff to learn ;P

As someone who spammed that Scythe, Deridor's right, it peaks at the lower ranked quests. And it CAN take you through a few High ranked quests, but it becomes outclassed by other, easier to obtain LS's

EDIT: OF COURSE, you can use it if you think it looks ashum like i do some of my weapons :3
Back to top Go down
parasky
Jaggi
parasky

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU   A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:48 am

Deridor wrote:
autotracker and quick eating are useless in my opinion.

Are you insane? /scar/ Quick eating is extremely useful so you can heal very fast. Autotracker allows you to have a extra 2 items as you won't need psychoserum or paintballs.
Back to top Go down
http://parasky.tumblr.com/
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU   A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:10 am

parasky wrote:
Deridor wrote:
autotracker and quick eating are useless in my opinion.

Are you insane? /scar/ Quick eating is extremely useful so you can heal very fast. Autotracker allows you to have a extra 2 items as you won't need psychoserum or paintballs.

Expert Hunters don't need Psychoserums, Paintballs or Autotracker. It's possible to tell which way a monster is going to change zone, I'm that used to hunting so many things I even know what zones they start in and which zone they most likely move to.
Back to top Go down
Guild Adventure
Gore Magala
Guild Adventure

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU   A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:39 am

I found easier to simply launch him a paintball and having a thing less to learn XD

Or asking the guy in the baloon qere the monster is
Back to top Go down
http://guildadventure.deviantart.com
DannyLee94
Felyne
DannyLee94

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import

PostSubject: Re: A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU   A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:31 am

Guild Adventure wrote:
I found easier to simply launch him a paintball and having a thing less to learn XD

A good answer :lol: .
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU   A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:26 pm

I generally don't need them anymore but having a paintball on the monster does help sometimes just to avoid losing it (never need it for Great Jungle Narga though for example because he ALWAYS goes in one specific pattern, starts in the same area, and at low health immediately heads to one area to rest). But yeah, carrying paintballs never hurts really.
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Yian Kut-Ku
Big Boss

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU   A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 1:14 am

I have the unfortunate habit of forgetting to paint ball monsters, not to mention that when I do hit them, they always wear off as it's leaving. I swear, some hunts I spend half the time looking for the darned thing. It's especially irksome on G level quest where I need all the time I can get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU   A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A number of questions from a Monster Hunter familiar starting MHFU
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2