Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What was your first thought when you saw Tri?

Go down 
+29
Kaji
JFizzle
Vax
boywithbluehanger
xMorningstar
Zynxan
Lalo
Scooter
SiaMoon
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Otoshimo
Yuki
Sai_
red1228
laoshanicrus
Sasori
RDC
GobulHunterJames
Godzilla2195
It's meh
Andrea88GOD
Ultimate Jaggi
Red
MGRaiden97
Monster Hunter Cade
Ataraxia
Ayu
Luciarn
Lou Urau
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos
Lou Urau

Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Empty
PostSubject: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:46 pm

In this forum, you just tell on how you felt when you first got MHTri. Just that first thought you had.

When I first saw the game, it was in Best Buy when I was finding some new games to play on my xbox. I didn't really find anything worthwhile, except Gears of War 1&2.
But as I was leaving, I walked down the Wii section once. And at the far end, I saw Tri. Never even heard of the Game nor the series once. I looked over it and I just felt so drawn to get it.
I begged my grandpa to get it for me (Since I was now low on cash). He kept saying "No." I continued on asking. I even slipped the game in the bag, hoping he wouldn't see it since we were there for about another 30minutes.

He refused to buy it. When we finally got to the cash-out area. I asked one more time and he said no. I sulked and walked away to put it back. 5 seconds later. He calls me back and to put it on the counter. I was happy and I was just waiting to read over it.

Today, I still love it today.
Back to top Go down
Luciarn
Popo
Luciarn

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 1:48 pm

Nice topic!^^

Well, the first time I heard (and saw) about MH3 was on a german tv show I was very fond of, called game one. They were and are completely independent, so that when they say a game is good, it IS darn good, and if they say it sucks, it does. Plus, they were known for doing very stupid things (disguises, special effects and stuff), and the more they put themselves into a game, the crazier its presentation would get... In short, they were a bunch of awesome guys and I trusted them completely for their reviews...

So when they presented MH3, they were pretty enthusiastic about it, and only warned about the definite hardcore part of the game, and the lack of story, and told everybody else to get the game...
No need to mention that the presentation was pretty crazy, even for their standards (basically representing a new hunter being trained by an experienced master, but hardcore, like in mangas^^)
After seeing the show, I just knew I wanted that game: it was a hardcore pearl amongst casual-games for the wii, both challenging and rewarding, the monsters looked badass, and it looked like a hell lot of fun :D

So I bought it, played it,was fascinated, got past the Lagiacrus, let the game aside for a few years, and picked it up again recently... And I love it!
/yes/
http://www.gameone.de/tv/130
Check it out from 6:45 on if you speak german ;)
Back to top Go down
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos
Lou Urau

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Luciarn wrote:
I like the story. This is why I wish I could speak German so bad! =w= My school wont allow it, even though I try to convince them.
Back to top Go down
Ayu
Kelbi
Ayu

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:15 pm

The first thing I thought when I was in the Wii isle browsing wos: Dual Swords.

It would have fit awesomely with the Wiimote-Nunchuck combo. I thought maybe you could free-style it with everything; but woe/alas, you cannot.

I was big into MHF: U at the time, so no Bow, Gunlance, Dual Swords was kinda disappointing, but I still love the game.

Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Random-crappy-half-guide-barely-accurate-side-magazine-spawned-by-Nintendo and after reading every word 4 times over:

"OMFGBBQMUSTGETDROOLALLOVERTHEPLACEOHGAWDOHGAWDOHGAWD"
Back to top Go down
Monster Hunter Cade
Popo
Monster Hunter Cade

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:28 pm

when i went into Gamestop a year or so ago, i saw Tri and i thought, whoah! that looks awesome! i bought it and played it as soon as i got home. now its basicly my favorite game! :lol:
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:06 pm

When the trailers were coming out back in like 2009, i kinda was disappointed. There weren't many monsters. Thats mainly it :P. But I saw that it would have online so that made up for it, since i loved MH1 when it didn't have many monsters, i knew id like tri.

Plus, I have always been a big MH fan, why wouldn't i have gotten it?
Back to top Go down
Red
Red

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code: FITE ME FOR IT!
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): alright as long as i'm not hosting

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:03 pm

Well i was going on in my days and my favorite let's player started posting a blind run on the game and soon after i wanted it so bad i was how ever trying not to get into it but i gave in .
Then one day soon after the whole family went shopping and i saw the game in a underground tesco so i picked up and i was like 20 euros short so i ask my father if he mind lending me 20 and he did so i ran to the check out and got it and when i got home played it and never looked back also my father told me i did not have to pay him back so that was nice.
after a while i found this place but that a other story /yes/ .OMG did i just post in a tri tread XD
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:06 pm

I saw its low score in gameinformer and never looked at it again :hicc:
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:34 am

"why so few monsters?"
"what's this thing? Cha-Cha? fck him. where are my cats?"
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:18 am

*looks at trailer for the first time*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW YEEEAAAAAAAAAH (first thought)

(Second thought) MONSTA HUNTAH!
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:29 pm

Andrea88GOD wrote:
"why so few monsters?"

I lol'd. xP It's for this reason why I like Tri being my first MH game, it can only get better from here. (Even if Capcom decides it definitely hates us and I have to go back in time to MHFU to experience the awesome)
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Ataraxia wrote:
Andrea88GOD wrote:
"why so few monsters?"

I lol'd. xP It's for this reason why I like Tri being my first MH game, it can only get better from here. (Even if Capcom decides it definitely hates us and I have to go back in time to MHFU to experience the awesome)

I kinda feel that MHFU was the last good one, unfortunately.
I play Portable 3rd too, and its toooo easy, but at least there's more monsters and felyne companions.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Saw it when it was announced. The word "Monster" was enough to get my attention. "Hunter" just made it better. When I read the preview, it sounded like a hunting game with dragons instead of deer.(The preview kept referring to bows, which is what brought this to mind. People still hunt with bows, right?) Anyway, I then went to the wiki, and saw a GS. That was enough for me. Awesome looking weapons, awesome looking monsters, hard game play, and even online co-op; everything I want in a game and more. Bought it one week after the release.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 6:59 am

Was already a player of monster hunter since Monster Hunter Freedom, I normally came to the wiki for help for Freedom Unite, eventually i saw things about Tri being added. When i saw that it had underwater fighting i was excited about the thought of fighting a Plesioth underwater, till i found out it wasn't in Tri. Regardless i still got the game on the day of it's release, played offline for ages, till i found out that i could connect my Wii to internet.
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:47 am

I live in New York. The station I get off to go to work had the ads with the lone hunter in the water with Lagi starin' him down. I was thinking that looks pretty bad ass. I had never heard of the series before. I passed it for awhile before I decided to check it out online. I saw the giant monsters, the ridiculously oversized weapons, the armor. But what sold me on it was the concept of not levelling up you character in the traditional RPG sense. That was the hook for me. So, I went to the Nintendo store right above where the ads were and picked it up and bought the CCP with it. I've loved the game ever since.
Back to top Go down
Sasori
Kelbi
Sasori

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:06 am

"WOW" later "What's that? Is it good?" my brother told me "It's kinda Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, but more humanized, don't get it" and i got it at gamestop and now i play it everyday and i'm here because it became my fav game :D
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Saw it in nintendo powah ( I don't buy them just read them in teh store :hicc: )I thought o mah gawd a crocodile and swords frik yeah! So I bought it
Back to top Go down
red1228
Aptonoth
red1228

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Lou Urau wrote:
In this forum, you just tell on how you felt when you first got MHTri. Just that first thought you had.

"About dam time the U.S. got another home console Monster Hunter."

It will probably be another 4-6 years before the U.S. gets a third home console MH.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:59 pm

My friend and I both saw the ad on T.V. We were like, "we're gonna get it, its badass"
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:55 am

I felt it was really short coming from unite not enough gear or monsters or quests/ I am currently on my 4th account.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:27 pm

I think i nerded out over the music and the monsters more than anything ( 1st Monster Hunter game and had only gotten it cuz it had monsters in it )
But I like my description of it to a friend waay better XD

" Dude, it's just like duck hunt!
...except the ducks a dragon.
You have a giant sword.
and the only one who's gonna laugh at you is this dog right here - points at self-"
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:40 pm

I first saw Tri in a magazine with the title "No Monster Hunter Tri in E3" and I said, "Meh... I don;t know what it is, but it will probably not come here" also, first time ever earing of the series. Then I saw an article in the same magazine some months later after the game was released, most of what it said was out of how the game actually is, but it hooked me. When I got the opportunity I bought it, and here I am

Last edited by ShadowCeadeusDM324 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SiaMoon
Kelbi
SiaMoon

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:56 am

I saw it advertised.. And as soon as I saw it I bought 2 copies of it online, for my and my brother. I knew I would've loved it because I play Unite and Freedom a lot, and yes, first time I played it I couldn't get off it.

Then I noticed, no duals, no bow and arrows. I couldn't believe it. :/ And by the time I got my full Helios set, with the earplugs.. Well, Tri was just way too easy for me.

Still.. I love it, and I play it to this day. Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Scooter
Kelbi
Scooter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:43 pm

I first saw it in walmart back in 2010 i thought "hmm...must be a extreme fishing game or something" and walked on 2 years later looked it up on google wus amazed bought it and still playing /yes/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your first thought when you saw Tri?   What was your first thought when you saw Tri? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was your first thought when you saw Tri?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next