Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The best method. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The best method. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The best method.

Go down 
+16
It's meh
Kanade
N1GH7M4R3
MGRaiden97
E&Troy
KratosAIK
Lou Urau
Stuff
Slyffer
Crystalis
Chips
Andrea88GOD
Stabster
Neptyc
Yamatsu
Yuki
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:30 am

I've been playing for two years already and there has always been controversy over the rank 999 to me it is just a number and an impossible number at that I've lot two higher ranked characters since I started.

My question is if you had the patience what would be your prefered method of reaching 999 speed/clusting or freestyle? I've noticed that some freestylers don't like speed runners and clusters and vise versa. Also shouldn't we all just get along it is a game and no one is forcing you to play like each other we are just here to have fun the method behind how you reached 999 should not matter.

I am a freestyler but I have a lot of friends that are speed runners and are 999 and one that is near 999 and is the sweetest thing I could never understand how others could not get along.

Now that you heard my opinion voice yours here if you have any input.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:27 am

Freestyle because there's no real benefit to ranking up past 51 unless you want that different colored name at HR999.
Back to top Go down
Neptyc
Bnahabra
Neptyc

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 1:35 pm

Using cheats would be the fastest. D:

I have my "legit"(no cheats,no speed runs)999.I'm not a fan of speed running,but I'll still do them from time to time.I don't see it as being a huge issue.

Some people clust for the simple reason of needing money and it's fast to make some serious jing by clusting.Webbing is another good reason.

Anyway,my preferred method is to take it nice and slow.It took me almost a year and a half,and even then it was more cause friends pushed me to get it.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:19 pm

Yamatsu wrote:
Freestyle because there's no real benefit to ranking up past 51 unless you want that different colored name at HR999.

^THIS
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:41 pm

I just do whatever the room wants to do. As long as its full of nice people.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:28 pm

Ugh sorry nep but if I could return the thanks I would touchscreen kills me. But back in topic what is the legit way to reach it? To me it doesn't exist speed runs and freestyle require effort clust not so much hacks just stop playing if you feel that is the only way you can reach 999. The one issue I find wrong with speed running is too many people do it too often and they rust or some become obcessed with it and grind multiple 999s.

999 Has always brought controversy since the first one appeared they were called hackers even now it's a two year old game there is bound to be a lot of legit 999s but people are to stubborn and thick headed to realize.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm having a hard time getting to 40 as is, so 999 is out of the question for me. :P

I don't have nearly as much available time as most of you.
Back to top Go down
Neptyc
Bnahabra
Neptyc

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:58 pm

Crystalis wrote:
I'm having a hard time getting to 40 as is, so 999 is out of the question for me. :P

I think it comes down to priorities.

179 post in less than a month or HR40.

lol I deroed.Misread the year on that.

Last edited by Neptyc on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Admitting when you're wrong,just seems the right thing.)
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:30 pm

Neptyc wrote:
Crystalis wrote:

Well, in his defense, he won't get girls if his post count is low.

As for the debate at hand, I agree with Chips' comment. If you're in a city of mostly sound people, doing a speed run will still give the satisfaction of a ''freestyle'' run. I've had to clust recently to get myself 6 Ala Webbings (I honestly don't have the patience to organise a sleepbombing city to blow up the wings), and the guys I was with were good craic. I normally don't enjoy speed running/clusting too much, but I almost found myself sticking around after I had finished getting the Webbings, just 'cus, like Chips said, the city was full of nice people.
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Diablos
Stuff

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:13 pm

The most efficient way without hax would be to find a barilos city and grind with them 1337s. The quest gives the most hrp out of any other quest even if you do their subquests, and a good enough team can get it done in under 5 minutes.

I've done it in under 5 minutes with my 00Jaggi set and then we spent about a half hour arguing about how much f***s I don't give about their precious DPS. And it was an issue when I switched to heaven's thunder because it wasn't loldragon or FIYA. We were killing los faster than bari when I was up against los and vice versa when I was up against bari, it would make sense to equip something they are both weak to so we can still be efficient when fighting the next monster, no?

So F grinding. If being hr999 means I grinded for at most a week and lost my common sense, I don't wanna join the club. Heck, I see people talking about having 3rd and 4th characters and that they've been at hr999 on the other characters because they've been playing since the game came out. And those happen to be the worst players that warp to me because I don't warp to them. And I think I just hit hr240(woooooo). Well I haven't played as much since I started hacking. Hacking. Not cheating. But like it was already said, the number means nothing. After hr51, you unlocked everything except for the red name and maybe a few titles that you get at hr100(but I'm not so sure about that). The game has "must be hr100+ to initiate/join" as a requirement, but it isn't even used. If I ever reach hr 999, I'll celebrate like it's new year's.

I need to figure out how to join quests even though I don't meet it's hr requirements so that I can be hr0 forever. I already have gain 0hrp. But there's no reason to use it if I can't join anything.
Back to top Go down
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos
Lou Urau

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 am

I personally just take my time on hunting but I still try to farm all I can to get stuff.
As for HR. I reached HR51+ so i'm glad but now, i'm just going to collected the Lagia+, Jho and Ala armor sets, complete my weapons. And once then?

Fight each monster several times, try to get Gold Crown the the titles for killed 20, 50, 100 of each.
Back to top Go down
KratosAIK
Felyne
KratosAIK

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:31 am

I'm never gonna reach 999. I just wanna get gold crowns, Armour sets and help others out. Hit 61 yesterday. I'll make 100 then I'll give up.

I dont mind speeding, but I'd rather just have fun.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Neptyc wrote:
Crystalis wrote:

Actually it's been over a year. :P
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:14 pm

The way one of my friends got to HR 999 was soloing ala with hammer. He did it in 10-15 minutes and he didn't have to worry about getting a good or bad group. He also helped me out whenever I needed help as well. (wihich was awesome) Is that considered speedrunning or not? It definatly is a speedy run. (at least for me) My friend went from around HR 800 to 999 in about 1.5-2 months. So it wasn't the fastest but he still had fun while doing it.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:35 pm

E&Troy wrote:
The way one of my friends got to HR 999 was soloing ala with hammer. He did it in 10-15 minutes and he didn't have to worry about getting a good or bad group. He also helped me out whenever I needed help as well. (wihich was awesome) Is that considered speedrunning or not? It definatly is a speedy run. (at least for me) My friend went from around HR 800 to 999 in about 1.5-2 months. So it wasn't the fastest but he still had fun while doing it.

That's insane for a solo time he has to be really good at hammering. Lol I say have fun with it to me rank has always come second I was always the lady with the odd mixes that worked. I could have cared about my rank and only hunted 6* and advanced, but I always enjoyed helping the lower ranked players. I saw a few even reach 999 while I was still 300 on my first character. I always received more satisfaction from helping others rank than myself.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:53 pm

Yuki wrote:
E&Troy wrote:

That's insane for a solo time he has to be really good at hammering. Lol I say have fun with it to me rank has always come second I was always the lady with the odd mixes that worked. I could have cared about my rank and only hunted 6* and advanced, but I always enjoyed helping the lower ranked players. I saw a few even reach 999 while I was still 300 on my first character. I always received more satisfaction from helping others rank than myself.

Yea, he could do ala insanely fast. I can't hammer ala yet but I'm getting better. I can sometimes golfswing him on turn arounds. /yes/

It was always so fun, he'd do anything I wanted. Too bad he got to HR 999 and quit. Btw, he would speedrun giant jho, and los and bari event quests. Just for others though. I'd say he had alot of fun.

btw, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN9vpTqhJ-k&list=UUOb2_wY3kgQ1fuS2nw1b1og&index=6&feature=plcp

EDT - icaro was the friend I was talking about.

This is the same stuff icaro did btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqqkVyC4tWI&feature=autoplay&list=UUOb2_wY3kgQ1fuS2nw1b1og&playnext=1
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Oh god this is funny XD I met at least two of those people they are my friends but irritate me sometimes one for her excessive grinding the other was I don't even have 2000 hours yet and he hit 999. My only thing against certain 999s forget it is just a number and try to achieve multiple 999s on person I met said to my friend, you are a noob unless you have more than one 999. Lol I find that hilarious people forget two things it's a game that is meant to be fun, and after 51 and 100 rank doesn't matter why I've had multiple characters in the past. Their ranks 70, 150, 157, 380+, and finally my favorite Yuki 483. I only have the hr 70+ because I lost my save data in an accident twice. I started this discussion asking what I feel is the best method in our opinions. I guess I found my answer. What ever is most enjoyable to me. For me it's freestyle with a little bit of a speed running background.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Yeah, whatever is most enjoyable for you is the best option. icaro enjoyed soloing ala, and helping me with whatever.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Did you ever meet a Yuki or Snow? Your characters sound familiar.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 4:42 pm

I don't ever remember meeting them, but I barely remember alot of people I play with. So, maybe I did.

plus, I have played with two guys named Troy. Spelled exactly like mine. Unless its Eskpoo who sounds familier. (I dont think anyone esle has that name, lol) Maybe you just played with one of the other Troys?

EDIT - I'm getting on soon, wana play with me? I'm US btw.
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:32 pm

One person i know, did a daily clusting thing, 10 alatreons a day or something, at 5 p.m.

A week later, i saw that person go from hr500 to 900. Try that, wouldn't hurt to do 10 a day.

Btw, i'm the Troy that you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:36 pm

MGRaiden97 wrote:
One person i know, did a daily clusting thing, 10 alatreons a day or something, at 5 p.m.

A week later, i saw that person go from hr500 to 900. Try that, wouldn't hurt to do 10 a day.

Lol I met you before and I remember you kind of I've met multiple troys what made me feel like I met him was his second character
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:51 pm

MGRaiden97 wrote:

2800 HRP x 10 = 28000

28000 x 7days a week = 196000

196000 / 10000 (the minimum average to gain an HR at 700 the HRP needed is about 11000+) = 19.6

I'm pretty sure that person did way more than 10 Ala's a day in that week ;)
Back to top Go down
N1GH7M4R3
Rhenoplos
N1GH7M4R3

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:33 am

Well, for one, I have no idea what you do in a speed run, clusting is fairly slow I've noticed, and uhh, yeah. I don't see the point in complaining about others taking the game too seriously. If it's all they do, naturally they're going to take pride in their accomplishments. You hit HR999 in a week? Good for you. You hit HR999 in 2 years? Good for you, too. Honestly, who cares about any of it? I've had the game since it first came out, I'm only HR61.

To be honest, it's not even fun after you hit HR51. Like, there's nothing left to accomplish after that. No amount of gold crowns or cool titles can sway me into believing that the game is fun by achieving insanely high ranks. I think the fun actually comes from just playing with friends, and doing really stupid or weird shit. Glitch out of the map, attempt to jump onto monsters backs ( Get Jho into D. Island, and then try to land on him from above... why not? ) Or even trying to kick Ala to death. Any of it sounds like more fun than trying to speed run, or even kill the monsters normally.

As it is, I can honestly say I'm really bored with this game, and I kind of want to stop playing it. At the same time, I feel like I'd be letting myself down if I did.

In any case, HR999 is not for show offs, it's not just a number either.

It's for the people who honestly enjoyed the game, and found a way to stay that long; that is, provided you're one of those people who took a while. I mean, if you think about it, you'd be taking the time on purpose. You're not bad, it's an easy game. You're just playing badly because - quite frankly - it gets really boring if you try to play good. If there's a challenge, there's fun. If there's your friends, and a challenge, it's even more fun.

But if you're being an elitist, it's no fun. Know what else isn't fun? Being an elitist about elitists.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The best method. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The best method.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii :: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)-
Jump to: