Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The best method. - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The best method. - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The best method.

Go down 
+16
It's meh
Kanade
N1GH7M4R3
MGRaiden97
E&Troy
KratosAIK
Lou Urau
Stuff
Slyffer
Crystalis
Chips
Andrea88GOD
Stabster
Neptyc
Yamatsu
Yuki
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The best method. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:30 am

First topic message reminder :

I've been playing for two years already and there has always been controversy over the rank 999 to me it is just a number and an impossible number at that I've lot two higher ranked characters since I started.

My question is if you had the patience what would be your prefered method of reaching 999 speed/clusting or freestyle? I've noticed that some freestylers don't like speed runners and clusters and vise versa. Also shouldn't we all just get along it is a game and no one is forcing you to play like each other we are just here to have fun the method behind how you reached 999 should not matter.

I am a freestyler but I have a lot of friends that are speed runners and are 999 and one that is near 999 and is the sweetest thing I could never understand how others could not get along.

Now that you heard my opinion voice yours here if you have any input.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:43 am

The only reason I want to be 999 is to have a red name xD.

Because having a red name is awesome o___o. Because... red is awesome..... ;___;

dat red!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:36 am

Yuki wrote:
MGRaiden97 wrote:
One person i know, did a daily clusting thing, 10 alatreons a day or something, at 5 p.m.

A week later, i saw that person go from hr500 to 900. Try that, wouldn't hurt to do 10 a day.

Btw, i'm the Troy that you are talking about.

Lol I met you before and I remember you kind of I've met multiple troys what made me feel like I met him was his second character

I only have one single account, and i've played with other Troys too. I probably only have played with you when i was with siren.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:49 am

Sigh, haters gonna hate no matter what path a 999er takes. I'm proud of my HR even though people will always find a way to put you down.
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:12 pm

I didn't make this thread to see people be out down. I only made it to see everyone's view on the matter not everyone is the same we all have different views on the matter. Like nightmare said is it truly a number? If it truly was people would not get so defensive most people are proud of their achievements, and they should be if they has fun every step of the way.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Most complaints are "999ers just clust or speed run", but that's not true... in 1 year one can get HR999 pretty easily just doing quests everyday. Its not as if high rank means you must play a certain way, you just have to play. My way to 999 is definitely NOT optimal.. tons of weekly breaks... suck at hr50 for a month... doing TONS of low quests with randoms... working on a second character but even then a year is all that was needed.

The ones complaining always bring up HR even though they claim "it doesn't matter" to them... Fun is objective, Sis loved speed running and had fun doing it - I love freestyle and have more fun doing that but we could still co-exist.

Does HR matter? probably not. But there's a ton of things in this game that don't matter:
"Titles"
"Awards"
"Arena records"

None of those measure skill either yet people still can have fun with it

Even if its has no meaning if there is a goal there will be a will, and the journey there is what makes it fun.

Those who are skilled will recognize skills, those who are threatened will make excuses for themselves.

And there are idiots in every rank, its not an exclusive club

Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:49 am

Kanade wrote:

And there are idiots in every rank, its not an exclusive club

Except clubs 30 and below have fresh sponge brains yearning for knowledge.
Non-noobs just need to get to them first lol
Back to top Go down
N1GH7M4R3
Rhenoplos
N1GH7M4R3

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:23 am

I think Kanade generally speaks for everyone in her own way, by stating what she has. Or, at least, she speaks for anyone with half a brain. Makes sense to say that 'people will be what they will be, and stupid may they be, they are who they are'. : P
Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra
bill_the_noob

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:01 am

there's no "best" way, some ways are faster
My 2nd char got to hr999 frestyle (just a few ala clusted, but i'm a long way beyond 9,999,999 hrp i would be without)
With my third i discoverd speed runs and now i enjoy that; at the same time i do a lot of jho/ala solos when no friends around;
speed runs actually require skills and team coordination 0_o and in that way they are harder than solos

people dont like speed runner / clusters because of the "clust or leave / speed run or leave" attitude, or just jealousy
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Best for you^ I never asked what is the best way to grind. I wanted people's opinions what I found best for them. Because there is a lot of 999 hate sometimes between other 999s. Or even low ranks calling then hackers it's kind of frustrating watching the way some of my friends get attacked. Especially that I lost two account if I has not lost them I would be pretty close to their ranks if not 999 already.
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:00 pm

I tend to not like HR999's because almost every single one of them has clusted to reach it. You can only proudly say you're a 999 if you reached it without clusting a few hundred alatreons.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Try 1000+ also I hunt ala a lot and once in a while clust. It takes some skill to clust I have seen many clust runs fall apart. Very few people know how to regain control.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:05 pm

I do not know why but I do not like being in the same city with a 999.
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Yuki wrote:
Try 1000+ also I hunt ala a lot and once in a while clust. It takes some skill to clust I have seen many clust runs fall apart. Very few people know how to regain control.
They can fail at times, but mostly don't. Overall, clusting is just sitting and rapidly pressing a simple combination of buttons. A beginner who knows basic controls of a gun, and knows what to do, could clust, and pass enough times, so that it is worth doing again.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:49 pm

MGRaiden97 wrote:
Yuki wrote:
They can fail at times, but mostly don't. Overall, clusting is just sitting and rapidly pressing a simple combination of buttons. A beginner who knows basic controls of a gun, and knows what to do, could clust, and pass enough times, so that it is worth doing again.

hahahaha.

No.
They'd have to know quick combinations and stuff to even do a good clust run.
They'd also have to know a good clust gun and set, which would automatically be out of knowledge from a "Beginner".
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:19 pm

bill_the_noob is one of the few people I know who reached 999 with minimal to no speed running.

You did ask for his opinion and he did state his opinion D:
Back to top Go down
Neptyc
Bnahabra
Neptyc

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Chips wrote:
bill_the_noob is one of the few people I know who reached 999 with minimal to no speed running.

But,he is a D Angler fish.Of course his post would get neg repped and a bad reply.The other post,in this thread that said virtually the same thing,was ignored. <.<

Poor fall guy. u.u
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:48 pm

It's meh wrote:
MGRaiden97 wrote:
Yuki wrote:

hahahaha.

No.
They'd have to know quick combinations and stuff to even do a good clust run.
They'd also have to know a good clust gun and set, which would automatically be out of knowledge from a "Beginner".

You didn't get what i said. What does knowing combinations and sets have to do with skill? You give them the set they need, the items they need, and tell them what to do, they will do fine.. A beginner would clearly not have the knowledge of sets and combos.
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Neptyc wrote:
Chips wrote:

But,he is a D Angler fish.Of course his post would get neg repped and a bad reply.The other post,in this thread that said virtually the same thing,was ignored. <.<

Poor fall guy. u.u

Given that downvotes no longer actually affect your HR count, it's basically just going to give you free points.
Back to top Go down
Neptyc
Bnahabra
Neptyc

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:26 pm

dainbramage wrote:
Neptyc wrote:
Chips wrote:

Poor fall guy. u.u

Given that downvotes no longer actually affect your HR count, it's basically just going to give you free points.

Okay Dain,not sure of the relevence of your statement.Seems like you're just looking to talk.Try chatbox,more people to talk with and less time waiting for a reply.

OT:Working on a second 999,not in a rush.Speed runs here and there,some clusting....you know,things that can be fun if you take the time to meet nice people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:58 pm

i dont get the drive behind grinding to 999 tbh
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:29 am

MGRaiden97 wrote:
Spoiler:
You didn't get what i said. What does knowing combinations and sets have to do with skill? You give them the set they need, the items they need, and tell them what to do, they will do fine.. A beginner would clearly not have the knowledge of sets and combos.
Please, try reading my post just a tad better...
From what you are saying, I understand what you are trying to say.
A beginning player/cluster/whatever, told what to do, can follow instructions of how to clust and what to do.
However, his skill would be the how to maintain his clusting appropriately and not hectically.

A beginner would not be particularly "used" to setting a quick combine to use repeatedly, again and again, like in a clust run.
Which is what I stated: "They'd have to know quick combinations and stuff to even do a good clust run."
Now, when I'm saying "good" I'm not saying that the run is above average, but it'll actually reach near average (people who have a good idea of how to switch between quick combine and back to gameplay).

Now, clust gunning is easy in many ways, but it is considered very easy due to the speeds in which a monster can be killed, so most people would say that mastering such a method of killing monsters relatively easy, but it isn't all too simple that a beginner can even come close to someone with even a couple of monsters to his clusting name.

I, myself, for example tried clusting with a basic knowledge of how to use a gun, but since I was generally a beginner at the gun, I had to pick out a set (which I knew at the time and accidentally made the clusting set on accident...) with a gun to match.
Now I had to bring materials, which was easy enough.
Then, I had to add them to the quick combine.

Now, then the quest started, this is where it gets tricky.
Since I've never done a clust run before, it was completely new to me.
Believe me, there is more to it than just grabbing a set, a gun, items, and pressing buttons, you have to think fast and be a bit precise on how you press your buttons.
Over press your B button on your first go (like I did) can cause you to roll when you don't even want to, causing you to have to re-position yourself.
Throw yourself into new territory and there is bound to be problems with your way of handling your combinations.
That's where a new skill develops, the player learns from the mistakes made and learns how to perform more effectively.

Now, clusting isn't hard to master, but it's not exactly so easy for just ANY beginner to just grab a gun and set + a few items a friend told him to pack up, they HAVE to be used to the method, they HAVE to know what to do in situations that spell doom (Rolling off the edge on accident or not being quick enough to the quick combine and back to shooting). They need to get used to a pattern, if they don't know this pattern, they are burnt meat laying around with gun powder for explosive flavor.

There is a skill to clusting that requires memorization, coordination, reaction, speed, and method.
The ability to clust can be learned quickly, but it's far from something a simple beginner with basic gun control and simply being told what to do can accomplish, but it's not something that takes "good" players to master either...

Now, I'm not trying to change your views on clusting, but I'm trying to say that it's not THAT simple, but it needs a specific technique to clust somewhat efficiently, and someone who's new to it all (aka, a beginner) simply won't cut it without any sort of practice.
And just as Yuki above has posted, people need to regain control if there's a mistake.

Please note, my talk of a "beginner" isn't about a fresh off the bat player (even though it can be applied to one), but about players that are beginners to clusting.
Back to top Go down
Neptyc
Bnahabra
Neptyc

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:48 am

Vortiene wrote:

Spoiler:

Reply to a later post:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Neptyc on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't feel like making a new post to reply,and also felt like adding spoilers.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:33 am

Neptyc wrote:
Look at it like getting a high post count on a forum.People take pride in what they achieve,even if others can't see the point in it.

I honestly don't see the point in posting so much about a game,instead of playing the game.That,to me,seems really boring.

Well actually, about 90% of my posts are non-MH related...and I don't intend to post a lot, ever, I just post to have conversation. I don't try to get high post counts, it's pretty much a side effect of chatting.

As well, the reason I don't play MH3 is because I am either busy with other games, or busy with life. My MH3 time has finished, I have accomplished everything i wished to accomplish within MH3, but I would gladly play a new console installment.

I know you weren't referring to me, but I feel obligated to say this anyways.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Vortiene wrote:

I don't know about the others. but my drive is because I have an absurd obsession with the color red... xD
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Chips wrote:
Vortiene wrote:

I don't know about the others. but my drive is because I have an absurd obsession with the color red... xD

We can see that in your sig XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best method.   The best method. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The best method.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii :: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)-
Jump to: