Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
E3 2012               - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
E3 2012               - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

E3 2012

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

E3 2012               - Page 2 Empty
PostE3 2012

What are your expectations/hopes for this E3?

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

E3 2012 :: Comments

Chipou
Re: E3 2012
Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:57 pm by Chipou
dcj91x wrote:
I guess I just don't see what was "horrendous" and though posting a video is nice and all it does not really explain your Point of veiw.

I Gues I am Just trying to Understand your Point of Veiw a bit better.

My PoV is simple, show new things. Not things shown yesterday, not things shown at previous E3's, and most certainly not games released already. Keep in mind my stream was cut off during the WB section, but im guessing they were pretty much showing off batman (a game already out), and I left during the Ubi soft bit because I really dont give a shit about SING or whatever the hell they were talking about (my bro who did sit through that crap assured me I didnt miss anything at all).

Of course, I really dont mind much if they show things announced at previous E3s and then show a ton of new details for them. Tomorrows 3ds thing will shed some more light on Luigis mansion and more, which is good considering how little info we have on games like Animal crossing and whatnot.

It was also really disapointing how their big show stopper ending was Miiland....Yeah its new, but its just not interesting to me. So yes, maybe its just me and I dont find assassins creed 3, batman, mii land, and two more new super mario bros (why is it called 2 anyways if its technically the 3rd (or 4th depending on which one comes out first)) the ingredients for the best E3 ever.

It started out really strong with Pikmin 3, giving some much needed info on it and showing it off. Then...it kinda crashed and burned for like 40 minutes until the 3ds section and then it got boring again when that was over.

EDIT:The presskit for anyone that cares.
username: Nintendo
Password: E32012

Last edited by Chipou on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
RDC
Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:26 pm by RDC
I won't call it horrendous, but I agree with the sentiment. Granted I watched it with the sound off, being at work and all. I realize it is about what the Wii U can do, but I wanted to see it in action. There were some cool things in it, but I wished they showcased a game that was exclusive to the Wii U that was totally unexpected. What the machine can do is great, but I want to see it in action. Shooting at card board cut outs at an amusement park setting did not do it for me. I love Nintendo's innovation and I think the Wii U has great potential for the future, but after a year of hearing that great games were coming to the Wii U, I wanted to see what the machine could do. At least give me a teaser trailer for the big ones they have coming out at launch or near it. E3 is not over yet and I'm sure we'll hear more about what games are coming, perhaps even seeing some, but they should have showed something original and epic.

All that being said, I'm very much on board with this.

we'l see what the rest of E3 has in store. I'm still holding on to the thin thread of hope for Tri G.
Oni Zelkami
Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:28 pm by Oni Zelkami
Hmm... Not bad, but pretty lackluster if you ask me. I think the personal highlight of the Nintendo Press Conference for me was seeing Heihachi grab the Super Mushroom in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, which I'm excited is on the Wii now. (Guest Character plox?)

Pretty boring E3 overall, unless the aforementioned 3DS conference can spark things up.

Best of show? I don't even own a PS3, but I still have to give that to Beyond: Two Souls. I'd defiantly buy it if I owned a Playstation.
Yamatsu
Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:43 pm by Yamatsu
Just watched it, I agree with Chipou, it started out great, with Pikmin 3 being shown and explained but got very dull quickly until the 3DS part, and then got boring once more after it was over. Not very excited for 2 "new" Mario games... Paper Mario Sticker Star (I think they could've worked on the title a bit more) looks neat, but I was really hoping for Metroid, F-zero, Star Fox....
Maybe we'll get some more interesting details at the 3DS conference tomorrow...
Oni Zelkami
Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:44 pm by Oni Zelkami
Oh right! I knew I was forgetting something. I'd like to give second place to Tombraider, and if I had to pick a third... I don't know? Maybe ZombieU? I've always fantasized about a Zombie game that focused more on survival than killing.

Shoutout to TTT2, and TekkenWiiU, since we didn't really see more than a few seconds of them.
Guild Adventure
Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:28 pm by Guild Adventure
I think i dont have any expectation for any game right now, maybe if they announce something like Persona 5 coming soon.

OR a new xenosaga. Now THAT will get all my attention.

But new marios again?, no thx XD
Ultimate Jaggi
Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:10 pm by Ultimate Jaggi
Anyone else think Halo 4 and Pikmin 3 look pretty awesome?

ZombieU
Got the right idea there...
Chipou
Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:09 pm by Chipou
GUYS GUYS IT STARTED! the 3ds thing started, should be gooooood.
Oni Zelkami
Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:30 pm by Oni Zelkami
So far pretty meh.

One above average looking game, one game already saw, and another no one should really care about.
Chipou
Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:56 pm by Chipou
oh god theyre ending on "new" super mario bros....Well this was a waste...ish... At least they showed more stuff about paper mario.
Yamatsu
Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:05 pm by Yamatsu
That was a disappointment.

goddammit.
Oni Zelkami
Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:11 pm by Oni Zelkami
NO ONE CARES ABOUT DISNEYS SUPER GHOSTBUsTER'S COIN LAND 3D LEGO VERSION NINTENDO?

I SAW A DISTINCT LACK OF SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV TURBO HD REMIX HYPER FIGHTING THE WORLD WARRIOR SECOND IMPACT 3RD STRIKE VOLT 3D VERSION 13.045!
1bighiccup
Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:34 pm by 1bighiccup
Well, not exactly what I wanted, but I now know three definite purchases:
- New Super Mario Bros 3DS
- Paper Mario
- Luigi's Mansion
, and will be potentially buying Castlevania.

In other news, the implications of Pokedex 3D Pro are massive. They'll have fully up to date 3D models of EVERY pokemon. Are you now thinking what I am?

Fire Emblem and MH3G are both already released games. When/if we get FE/MH respectively (FE has been confirmed for release, just no date), I just expect a date, no big expo announcement needed, they aren't showing a NEW game.

With Smash Bros, it was a very, very slim chance of us seeing anything. I was disappointed to have nothing on Zelda though.
Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:36 pm by Snagglux
1bighiccup wrote:
In other news, the implications of Pokedex 3D Pro are massive. They'll have fully up to date 3D models of EVERY pokemon. Are you now thinking what I am?

Pokemon Stadium 3D?

Make it happen, Nintendo. I'll give you every single one of my moneys if you do.
dcj91x
Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:29 am by dcj91x
E3 2012.... My thoughts

Sony.... Showed a lot of games, some pretty good ones but overall there conference was really flashy but no real substance. Not really anything "new" and they didn't seem to do as much as I wanted them to do to boost the vita.

Microsoft... Again more game announcements but not anything spectacularly new overall. They seem like they will be staying the same over the next year which is good for them.

Nintendo.... WiiU had some very interesting games (personally I was most interested in zombie U). The system it's self has a lot of interesting feature but I can see the concerns people have with the control pad design.

3DS..... No MH announced.... That is all.

Out of all the game developers though it seems Ubisoft steped up the most. They probably had the best showing over anyone IMO.

Capcom didn't even show up seems like.
Oni Zelkami
Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:38 am by Oni Zelkami
Well I deserved that -. And now that I've had the chance to calm down, this is probably the worst E3 I've witnessed since I started watching back in 2008.

Sony I'd say won, since they were the ones that kept a good mix between new surprises, and stuff we knew what was coming.

Microsoft... Only thing interesting there was Tombraider, and that wasn't even theirs, so not really a point in their favor.

Nintendo I'm not really sure how to feel about. I applaud them for sticking mainly to games, but they didn't really wheel out anything we didn't know was coming, with the exception of Nintendoland.
dcj91x
Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:34 am by dcj91x
Ubisoft won...

Sony, though showing a lot of games were mostly sequals and very few things were original overall.

Nintendo, I liked the wii u stuff but the really cool games came from other people.

Yea over all Ubisoft showed off great games and will have a real boost to all the systems. They out of all the showings had the best. I'll post a link in a bit.

Edit:

ok here's their show link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ZQSEwOiGY
kama
Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:12 am by kama
On the other news, Assassin Creed 3 looks has a decent trailer, I might pick up the game when its becomes available...
Guild Adventure
Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:44 pm by Guild Adventure
Oh, My, God

http://kochmunity.com/2012/06/agnis-philosophy-final-fantasy-y-el-nuevo-motor-grafico-luminous/

E3 2012               - Page 2 Take-my-money
Ares
Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:00 pm by Ares
I'll be getting Pikmin 3... thats basically my E3 experience in a nutshell...
Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:50 pm by Guest
no retro = no happy

that describes my E3 in 4 words
dcj91x
Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:09 pm by dcj91x
Can't "=" be considered a word as well? Then it would be five words not 4...
Ares
Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:28 pm by Ares
He has a point...
Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:34 pm by Snagglux
= is a mathematical symbol, not a word.
dcj91x
Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:42 pm by dcj91x
Then it's "discribed in 4 words and a mathmatical Symbol" but still not simply "discribed in 4 words".
Post  by Sponsored content

E3 2012

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next