Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Game developers and companies losing touch - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Game developers and companies losing touch - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game developers and companies losing touch

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Game developers and companies losing touch - Page 2 Empty
PostGame developers and companies losing touch

After this years E3 and seeing what is in store for us over the coming moths many people have questioned the decision making skills of many developers and game companies, asking the question, "Have Game Companies and Developers lost touch of the gaming comunity?"

Well I want to ask you all that question as well.

A few examples that have been stated are Capcoms repetative use of Streetfighter and resident evil, Nintendos seemingly lack of insight in to uniformity with Sony and microsoft, Sonys High prices and design decisions with the vita (namely the lack of universal memory), along with many of the games that were show at E3 being just sequals or repeats of the same styles of games seen for years with very few "new" things really being shown. Other things stated have been the Japanese game industries lack of insight into the western worlds presence, the western games industries slow advancement into the market and many other things.

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Game developers and companies losing touch :: Comments

dcj91x
Re: Game developers and companies losing touch
Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:53 pm by dcj91x
Yea apparently, according to those videos, people who play on Nintendo systems don't fall for all the blood, gore, sex, swearing and I'm better than you hype...

Interesting..

And yes Vort.. That is awesome...
Ataraxia
Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:27 pm by Ataraxia
Well a lot of those people you describe wouldn't think about a Nintendo product before clawing someone's eyes out while screaming at them for being a childish noob.

So... I'd say people who play on Nintendo products are:

1. Gotta love dat retro
2. Kids
3. See past all that crap
4. An outlier
Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:44 pm by Guest
I don't solely play nintendo, but nintendo will always have the best first party games and I will always get their systems just to play them.
Ultimate Jaggi
Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:16 pm by Ultimate Jaggi
Vortiene wrote:
dcj91x wrote:
So in other words.. quit buying every game that comes along and only buy games that are really worth getting.. No multiple call of duties until a new one comes out that is really worth getting, no more street fighter games (because lets face it none of those are new.) and quit giving into gimicks...

Sounds good to me...

But i do feel that some of what was said in the video was flawed...

every so often. Not always there are games that do come along that are original and that the companies did take a risk on in making. Maybe those (and not their multiple clones) should be the ones that are supported more. Try something new each time it comes out that way developers are willing to try something new as well?

I have never bought call of duty Yes by vort

cept before it became all commercialized, I think i played call of duty 1, and call of duty Big Red One on gamecube. That's when they were still single player story modes only. They were pretty good for illustrating events in WWII and weren't as stupid as they are now. I really cant stand the "everything is made of cement" appearance of call of duty...

I don't play call of duty either, yet more than half my school plays it. Most of them don't even play Nintendo games. Some guy I talked to never heard about Zelda, Metroid, or super smash bros.

Yet he loves playstation all stars
uriel1994
Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:20 pm by uriel1994
Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
Vortiene wrote:
dcj91x wrote:
So in other words.. quit buying every game that comes along and only buy games that are really worth getting.. No multiple call of duties until a new one comes out that is really worth getting, no more street fighter games (because lets face it none of those are new.) and quit giving into gimicks...

Sounds good to me...

But i do feel that some of what was said in the video was flawed...

every so often. Not always there are games that do come along that are original and that the companies did take a risk on in making. Maybe those (and not their multiple clones) should be the ones that are supported more. Try something new each time it comes out that way developers are willing to try something new as well?

I have never bought call of duty Yes by vort

cept before it became all commercialized, I think i played call of duty 1, and call of duty Big Red One on gamecube. That's when they were still single player story modes only. They were pretty good for illustrating events in WWII and weren't as stupid as they are now. I really cant stand the "everything is made of cement" appearance of call of duty...

I don't play call of duty either, yet more than half my school plays it. Most of them don't even play Nintendo games. Some guy I talked to never heard about Zelda, Metroid, or super smash bros.

Yet he loves playstation all stars

I swear if I hear someone says ssb4 is a copy of playstation all stars I will be the guy with the ax
Chips
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:21 am by Chips
dcj91x wrote:

Have gamers also become complacent? Do many of us just accept what we are given without exception or question as it is safe and comfortable to us and it is better to continue with something we know and understand than to take a risk on something new or to lear a new, unfimiliar game?

Gaming is like a drug. You take whatever is most addictive to you, and its usually the one you first tried.

Unless of course you go all out on these drugs games and go for COD, Minecraft, insert popular game here. <--- Which a lot of gamers do nowadays.

So my answer would be...

"It's not that fun getting high on your own, its fun when you're high with friends"

^Whatever their circle of friends play, and is fun, that's what they will be playing. Also thanks to the beauty of online gameplay, it makes it easier to connect with friends in an instant. Because Gas prices are fucking ghey and 4-split screen makes the TV too small D:.

^In their minds "Why try something new, if I'm the only one enjoying it."

PS: This only applies to games that are focused and live on by multiplayer and online capability. Yes, Tri survived only due to being multiplayer... or Online basically.

Game developers and companies losing touch

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2