Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
the mighty sea lord thingy Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
the mighty sea lord thingy Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the mighty sea lord thingy

Go down 
+5
Blair H
Ken Kurobasa
dcj91x
Kanade
Edsain
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

the mighty sea lord thingy Empty
PostSubject: the mighty sea lord thingy   the mighty sea lord thingy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:33 pm

yeah, so ...ceadeus is finally in my front and im gonna do it in one quest....
i dont have any dragon swords nor blue sharpness and need a strategy(cant find it on guides n faq) also counting with the inventory.
thanks in advc.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: the mighty sea lord thingy   the mighty sea lord thingy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Probably go with your best Lagi weapon using Lagi set or Los set (LS or Lance probably the best)

Bring dem oxygen things with you so you don't have to rely on cha-cha, you can also do arena and grab the bombardier earring and drop a ton of bombs (you wont need books of combo with bombardier) if you're Lancing use dash juice or mega dash juice so you can do damage at it is traveling

open with breaking his beard ASAP so it will swim faster to the final area, the first time is always a repel so you don't have to do everything perfect anyways

Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: the mighty sea lord thingy   the mighty sea lord thingy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Kankan pretty much said it all.

Ceadeus, is my favorite fite and it's one you will do over and over. Your first battle is just to chase him away.

If you have not done online or arena, don't worry... Still bring plenty of bounce bombs and other bombs they work great and as was said langing is really good as you can run him down quickly if he gets too far ahead.
Back to top Go down
Ken Kurobasa
Cephalos
Ken Kurobasa

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: the mighty sea lord thingy   the mighty sea lord thingy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:30 pm

If you wish to torture yourself, rustshard farming could get you a dragon weapon. In my case, Uragaan was nice enough to give me the Breath Core Hammer which I used with my Lagia armor. But basically what the others said. It is actually possible to bowgun Ceadeus, but it will depend on your setup since you probably can't use dragon shots yet, but don't worry, it is very possible since you can just g et a good pierce set too.
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: the mighty sea lord thingy   the mighty sea lord thingy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 6:42 am

i wont be through that hell of a lagiacrus to upgrade my thunderclap, no no .
ill take my chances with ludroth armor(oxigen and looks cool enough)
is thunder clap (not the plus) enough??
also do stones work uw??
Back to top Go down
Blair H
Melynx
Blair H

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: the mighty sea lord thingy   the mighty sea lord thingy Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:40 pm

Well, this time round I fought Ceadeus first time round in lagi armour and Undertaker Lance. It's really good for the quest, i done it in 17mins. Just attack the beard for the first part, use the ballista's to break the horns in the last area, then go crazy on its beard again. :D!
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: the mighty sea lord thingy   the mighty sea lord thingy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:03 pm

tried with gobul and faild....
time was up cause i failed a dragonator and had to be sharpening all the time
really wish i could complete guan dao
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: the mighty sea lord thingy   the mighty sea lord thingy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Edsain wrote:
tried with gobul and faild....
time was up cause i failed a dragonator and had to be sharpening all the time
really wish i could complete guan dao

If you don't want to upgrade your weapon, at least use an offensive armor set.

Lagi with undertaker/lagi lance/thunderclap+ and gemmed for attack up M/L is a fairly standard low rank one-quest-kill set for Ceadeus.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: the mighty sea lord thingy   the mighty sea lord thingy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:50 pm

Go for the lagi set its a pain in the buns to get but has olympic swimmer and also fire weps like djinn wyvern blade fire red wing and red blugeon work but what I dis was farm freehunt lagi for. His rare trade for false felyne mask the bomb throwing abilities help
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: the mighty sea lord thingy   the mighty sea lord thingy Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:01 pm

i barely killd lagi and cappn was a hell
i have lagi swax so it might help
also i could bring dat stack of ballista ammo that i cant find underwatr....naah

EDIT
done it with bolt ax
i thought the barbarian blade was drgn element
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: the mighty sea lord thingy   the mighty sea lord thingy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:56 am

Edsain wrote:
also i could bring dat stack of ballista ammo that i cant find underwatr....naah

The ballista ammo caches can be found next to the turrets themselve. Both give you 10 ballista's usually, sometimes a few less.

I'd highly not recommend the lagi axe over the long sword, mainly because the spirit slash proves more effective with you lower weps and that you won't need to reload the S. Axe gauge so often. once you fill the spirit gauge you can go slice & dice to your hearts content

Keep in mind of Cha-cha too. You can give him the Dragon Attack ability to compensate for no dragon wep. If you've gotten his ancient mask at least up to Mastery 2 you can give him Element Attack Up too
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Dathblade
Popo
Dathblade

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: the mighty sea lord thingy   the mighty sea lord thingy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:23 am

IDK if this is still an issue but heres what i figure if it wont help you then maybe it'll help others with a ceadeus problem.

Before the fight:

The ceadeus is weak to thunder and Drag element, If your an online player and are around the high 20's then its more then likely that you'll have a jhen weapon due to its popularity when its on. Otherwise a good weapon is a Lagi LS it being both maneuverable and decent in damage. The armor is your choice, but as said above the Lagiacrus set is a great set for this particular fight. The Items are ultimately up too you, Bring the usual pots and whets, paintballs are useless here since its only 2 areas and then a Final area where the fight really begins.

The actual fight.

The thing to do is, in the first stage you HAVE to break his beard, if you dont you automatically fail the quest.

Once he's in the final area grab some Ballistas and begin shooting at his horn. It wont break easily but keep going at it, if Cead gets raged its best to stay in the general area of the Dragonater that way when he drops to the bottom and swims up it leaves its face wide open for you to hit it with a Drag. (Its best to try and do this as early as you can to get that second Drag off.)

If your doing the story mode ceadeus and its to repel than the horns gonna be your target after the mane, maybe break its hood for extra rewards.

But if your talking about Killing it for the materials then just break everything (By this I mean Hood, tail, horns, and mane. 2 are required so the hood and tail should be up to if you want to take the time to do it.) and attack its hood/chest since those are the general safe areas. Of course this is between the downtime of a D.nater and when your ballistas are up.

**quick note, sorry if its hard to understand or seems to be lacking in the info side of things. My first guide so I'm sure these will get better in time.
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: the mighty sea lord thingy   the mighty sea lord thingy Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 3:01 pm

Otoshimo wrote:
Edsain wrote:

The ballista ammo caches can be found next to the turrets themselve. Both give you 10 ballista's usually, sometimes a few less.

I'd highly not recommend the lagi axe over the long sword, mainly because the spirit slash proves more effective with you lower weps and that you won't need to reload the S. Axe gauge so often. once you fill the spirit gauge you can go slice & dice to your hearts content

Keep in mind of Cha-cha too. You can give him the Dragon Attack ability to compensate for no dragon wep. If you've gotten his ancient mask at least up to Mastery 2 you can give him Element Attack Up too

swax worked fine
used the balista but didnt find ammo
facepalmed myself after realising b blade was water elem
this was a week ago srry i didnt post
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the mighty sea lord thingy   the mighty sea lord thingy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the mighty sea lord thingy
Page 1 of 1