Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Has Capcom heard of the PS3?

Go down 
+8
Arakune
Yuki
dcj91x
Yamatsu
oeon
It's meh
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Jake Johnson
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake Johnson
Khezu

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Empty
PostSubject: Has Capcom heard of the PS3?   Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:39 am

See topic.

The PS3 would be ideal for a Monster Hunter game - stronger graphics engine than the Wii's, better sound than the Wii, better online service IMO.

Based on that, why hasn't Capcom released a Monster Hunter game for the PS3?
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Has Capcom heard of the PS3?   Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:12 am

heheheheh. First off, Capcom has released an MH game on the PS3. It's a port of a PSP title. Secondly, Monster Hunter 4 is a Nintendo 3DS title.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Has Capcom heard of the PS3?   Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:25 am

I can understand what you are saying...
But... MH4 is a 3DS game...

And as the user above me has posted, there has been a port released on the PS3.
That game was Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD, and it's only in japan.
And as for service... Playstation has the better online service compared to the wii... It's not an opinion, it's actually made better.
Back to top Go down
oeon
Rhenoplos
oeon

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Has Capcom heard of the PS3?   Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:57 am

They just don't want us to be happy Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Has Capcom heard of the PS3?   Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:04 am

Don't you think it's a little late in this gen's lifetime to release a completely new console MH, when the portable market works best in Japan? (And don't give me that "but MH2 did it")
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Has Capcom heard of the PS3?   Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Agree with Yama...

Currently there are only 3 (devices) that capcom should be making MH games for:

#1. The 3DS. They are doing this. 3G showed how well this can be done and so far what has been shown of MH4, we are being shown how much better it can be done. With nintendo and the 3DS Capcom also has less costs and more incentives to put an MH game on the 3DS due to the amount of 3DS already sold in japan (and world wide) and the amount of $$$ Nintendo is willing to put into the series as well.

#2. The Vita. With it being sonys new handheld and offering nice graphics and power the Vita would be a nice fit for a graphical MH portable game. (This however is more up to Sony than Capcom. Though the Vita is a good system there are currently a lot of negatives that could prevent Capcom from wanting to put the MH series on it at this time.)

#3. Smart phones (iPhone). Games such as Dynamic Hunting and other MH Spinoffs have proven to do very well. Capcom has already stated that they want to focus (WORLDWIDE) on more app distabution gaming. In Japan they have done this in a big way and the MH series has lead the pack with many social games to even include a MH Social Card game app and many others. ..... And lets face it (though there is no comparison to dedicated hand held systems) if you sell 30 million iPhone app download for $5.00 each you are going to make more than you will with 1 million retail packaged games at $39.99 each.... The quality is waaaaaaay off but... it's the numbers and profit perople look at.

Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Has Capcom heard of the PS3?   Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:45 pm

I prefer portable games over console games I can take the action with me just the local multiplayer is a set back but I get to improve my skills that way so it's not all that bad. Monster hunter is a japanese game targeted to japanese players and portable games are big there. They aren't marketing to americans if they were every mh every released here would be heavily advertised and on a console like the xbox and ps3.
Back to top Go down
Arakune
Cephalos
Arakune

Thank you Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Has Capcom heard of the PS3?   Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:23 am

Because people like you can't understand that console MH doesn't sell and that portables are the spirit of MH.

But who cares, GRAPHIXXXX > gameplay, right?
Back to top Go down
xMorningstar
Cephalos
xMorningstar

Thank you Points : 24

3DS friends code: 3866 8038 1961
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Has Capcom heard of the PS3?   Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 am

I remember reading somewhere that Sony pissed of Capcom with that whole hacking thing on the playstation network.
And I also remember reading that Microsoft are still trying to buy Capcom but Capcom keep saying no. Which would probably piss them off too.
But wherever I think I read that could be wrong, so don't take that too seriously as there are still games being released on for Sony and Microsoft by Capcom.

Personally, I'd like for Capcom to stick to what they're doing. Monster Hunter on the 3DS is awesome. Monster Hunter in 3D, who honestly would rather it on Vita? Maybe it's just me, but I think it works better on the 3DS. Like Dcj said, the 3DS has sold a bunch worldwide so Capcom have a reason to keep putting Monster Hunter games on the 3DS and also take into account of the money Nintendo would like to put into the series.
Also, if there were to be a Monster Hunter released on the Wii U ( most likely there will be ) then that would be even better. The Pad Controller would be great for the hunters inventory, menu, map, etc.

Capcom works better on Nintendo platforms. I'd actually like to see Monster Hunter become a Nintendo exclusive. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Has Capcom heard of the PS3?   Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:07 am

^Don't misunderstand me.. I think there should be an MH game on everything.. A different one for each system of course, but it's just not profitable for Capcom. What remains the most profitable for capcom at the moment is it'f Fighting games a Resident Evil (for now) and MH as long as they are funded by another company. When Sony funded MH it was profitable for Capcom, while Nintendo Funds MH it's profitable for Capcom....
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Has Capcom heard of the PS3?   Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:41 am

Stronger hardware MUST be equal to better games right? Right??

Nope.

Monster Hunter is actually a rather tight and neat game that doesn't have big requirements. That's why it does so well even on handhelds that have tiny specs compared to consoles.
Back to top Go down
Spiritlord
Popo
Spiritlord

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Has Capcom heard of the PS3?   Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Personally, I think Capcom should stick to Nintendo systems for as long as possible. Monster Hunter is meant for portables, and Nintendo do those best (in my opinion). Also, Nintendo care more about releasing worldwide than Sony did, so they're our best bet for getting as many Monster Hunter games as we can.

If they released a Monster Hunter for the PS3 now, they'd be wasting their time. There are rumours that Sony are working on their next console. I don't know if this is true or not, but it still means that releasing new games for the PS3 now is not entirely sensible, particularly not for major titles.

I'd prefer if Capcom made the same games for both Nintendo and Sony systems. They could reach a wider audience this way - Nintendo systems are about innovation, whereas Sony ones are about refinement. And it would silence the endless and annoying complaints of the Sony fanboys.
Back to top Go down
CrystalPower
Melynx
CrystalPower

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Has Capcom heard of the PS3?   Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:38 am

Monster Hunter obviously works best with Nintendo. With their constant new ideas for gaming, even the worlds most popular series feel brand new every time. And with MH3U and MH4 on the way, it'll happen to the Monster Hunter series. New ways to play our favourite games? That's why Capcom should keep MH on Nintendo platforms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Capcom heard of the PS3?   Has Capcom heard of the PS3? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has Capcom heard of the PS3?
Page 1 of 1