Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area?? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area?? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area??

Go down 
+3
Win32error
dcj91x
elchele
7 posters
AuthorMessage
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area?? Empty
PostSubject: Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area??   Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Well i have my thoughts about this.

I've been playing very little in high rank quest, but i read somewere that you have 1% posibility to spawn in a hidden area. I know if you get the explorer ability you have 100% chance, but since i've been wearing my jaggy mask out of 10 quest i spawn on a hidden area like 3 times or 4, so im always packing tools to get the goods.
And yes this is without the explorer skills.

So it may not be like 1% it may be like 10% or more or does destiny affects also where you spawn? let me hear you. /scar/
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area??   Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:46 pm

The Secret areas in MHTri are slightly different than in other MH games. In tri they (except for the tundra i believe) only have bug spots and mining spots. In other games they had gathering and fishing spots as well and were a 1% chance.

In Tri it has only ever been stated that "there is a chance that you will arrive in the secret area" and no confimed percentage has been obtained. It is believed however that for Tri the chance of arriving at a Secret Area is just Random, so you could get there many times in a row or go hundreds of hunts without ever seeing one.

Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area??   Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:04 pm

It's likely about 10% chance. I believe there's an equal chance to land in any area, including the secret one. Perhaps a bit lower, but it's certainly not 1% or close to that.

Having luck skills should not matter at all, they're not supposed to influence anything aside from your reward screen and the amount of terror produced by wearing the jaggi mask.

Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area??   Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:41 pm

It hardly matters really, they only help for Dragonbone Relics, and early HR carbonite ore farm and such. Felyne Explorer makes you get it pretty much 100%.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area??   Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Thanks guys now for a tricky question, does the bugs and mine spot reapear after time??.
Also do you always get crap when you trade gold bones to the veggy elder?? cose when i got them i was like OMG i should get something usefull from him!!.
So i risked the barroth+ run, the other guy when he saw that i was taking too long he jsut took off and i only got flash bombs from it hahahahaha.

So let me know.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area??   Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:39 pm

No, the Secret spots are one time carves/digs. Though some mining spots do mature over time offering rarer items. Basically if you wait until later, closer to that last 15-10 minutes of the quest the spot should offer better carvers. This has been stated on regular mining spots but weather it works on secret are spots or not is unknown.

As far as the veggi elder, you'll never get much from him.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area??   Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:45 am

Hiddens area are random like DCJ said. At your HR when you do get to HR40, use that explorer skill on tundra or Volcano because if im correct they give your dragonbone relics/Gracum ore at Tundra N Timeworm charm or Ancient/rust-shards at Volcano. I take advantage of those when I was HR40.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area??   Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:19 am

kama wrote:
Hiddens area are random like DCJ said. At your HR when you do get to HR40, use that explorer skill on tundra or Volcano because if im correct they give your dragonbone relics/Gracum ore at Tundra N Timeworm charm or Ancient/rust-shards at Volcano. I take advantage of those when I was HR40.
Some more people need to know about that food skill...
Too many people think that deviljho is needed for that dragon bone relic stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area??   Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:21 am

W!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area??   Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it really 1% spawn rate on Hidden area??
Page 1 of 1