Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Taboo's of MH tri? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Taboo's of MH tri? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Taboo's of MH tri?

Go down 
+19
Edsain
Xenohunter
Swing
navgoose
Andrea88GOD
kama
Sai_
It's meh
Lalo
Andrew.
Quentin
Ataraxia
Chips
Yuki
Ares
Otoshimo
red1228
Godzilla2195
Dathblade
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dathblade
Popo
Dathblade

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Taboo's of MH tri? Empty
PostSubject: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Hey all, I'm still relatively new here, but I have come to notice that some things are considered taboo. (for instance the guan dao, or the rathian armorset), I was hoping that maybe someone can tell me these taboo's so when anyone talks about it I'm not left confused, and (hopefully) other new players can learn these Taboo's and ultimately avoid them if they happen to be negative, thank you. /yes/
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:13 pm

Disrupting other players, particularly upswinging and Spirit Combo'ing Hammerers and Lancers.

Entering a city, not saying hello, and immediately posting a quest.

Bothering higher rank players. This mostly applies to people who haven't finished the Alatreon urgent, and are bugging "good" players to help with this or that.

Entering a city that specifies what will be hunted, and posting an irrelevant quest.

That's a few of them.
Back to top Go down
red1228
Aptonoth
red1228

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Dathblade wrote:
Hey all, I'm still relatively new here, but I have come to notice that some things are considered taboo. (for instance the guan dao, or the rathian armorset), I was hoping that maybe someone can tell me these taboo's so when anyone talks about it I'm not left confused, and (hopefully) other new players can learn these Taboo's and ultimately avoid them if they happen to be negative, thank you. /yes/

1. If someone is using a hammer on the monster's face, dont try to "help" them. Exception is if you yourself are hammering or if you are quick/precise with the SnS 2-hit Shield Bash Combo.

2. If you're using a GreatSword, go easy with the upswings. For the most part, you should be using Charge Slashes.

3. If you're using the Lance, save the Joust Charge for underwater movement or if the monster is limping away. Trying to use it for "damage output" will NOT surpass consistant Upstabs + Counter Thrust / SideStep + Combo Reset. But it WILL burn through your sharpness faster (which is bad).

4. If you're using the LongSword, dont go berserk with the Spirit Combo when near other players (as someone previously mentioned).

5. If you're using the SwitchAxe, carefull wth the upswings. Do not doubt the power of that forward Down Slash (I believe it does a whopping 54% damage IIRC).

6. When it comes to choosing which GreatSword or Hammer to use (if you have multiples of both), always go with the highest Raw Attack & Sharpness. These weapons do not combo consistantly enough for element to make a noticable difference.

7. If "Sleep Bombing" has been established, please PLEASE try to just barely hit the bombs. Do NOT hit the monster itself before the bombs go off. It is ONLY the very first hit that will do double damage, while the monster is asleep.
Example: Rathalos has been put to sleep & you lay two LargeBarrel Bombs next to its face. If you're gonna set off the big bombs with a SmallBarrel Bomb, do NOT set the SBB "inside" the LBBs. Set it away from the monster & just barely in blast range of the LBBs.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:47 am

1) Don't leech Quest. Basically signing up for a quest and running off to do whatever and not helping with the monster at all.

2) When gunning, using pellet shots when it's not necessary. It can really mess up other hunters mid-match & it's just annoying on the receiving end of the pellets

3) Spamming your Shout-outs, especially at gates that are in a decent conversation.

4) Making characters that are not the gender you are in real life.

5) Spamming the lance charging. When players pretty much only use the charge attack they often ram other players. alot of people don't take to constantly being stabbed every 5 seconds.

6)Flirting online. In the online community, who knows what kinda people you'll come across. And whom you'll connect with in whatever ways. But some people can push it beyond its limits. it relatively only creates drama & ruins the whole purpose of having fun with other people online. ( Trying hard not to sound biased on that one, and no ill feeling towards those whom partake in such )
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 3:25 am

All of the above especially about flirting and gender selection. I used a female alt and some guy tribe to sedu-

Anywho, also do not, EVER, go into a High ranked deviljho room under hr51, unless the 31+ event quest is in, and the city is labeled "Event quests ho!"

Also if you ever find yourself sleep bombing, dont try to "help" by detonating the bombs with a BBS. That will remove the large crit.

If you see a room full of bowgunners with jhen+ and barrage ear ring, unless you have the same equipment and are there to spam ala runs, just turn around and leave, those people want a 4th clust gunner.

Don't mix armors unless it is personalized with decent defense and good skills, or if you're just chillin in the city and wanna look bawss.

If you meet a hacker dont harass them or black mail them into helping u geet stuff.

And USE COMMON SENSE!

You'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:12 am

easiest way to detonate bombs when sleep bombing is to go inside them and kick :D
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:23 am

Lol vegeta mentioned hackers. If you get bored with the game and DO decide to start warn other players it should be common courtesy most players do not want to join a hacked quest and will leave as soon as they see anything suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:23 am

Otoshimo wrote:

6)Flirting online.

I HIGHLY disagree on those.

Also.

Never smokescreen on Alatreon if you have a hammer user on your team.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:07 am

Shouldn't online flirting be reserved for... well... erm... flirting sites I guess? MHT isn't exactly a well known place to go to to find love.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:47 am

Ataraxia wrote:
Shouldn't online flirting be reserved for... well... erm... flirting sites I guess? MHT isn't exactly a well known place to go to to find love.

You haven't met Babydoll xD
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 am

Lance charging is a no-no.

Don't be an asshole

Do not "noob carve" (when someone cuts the tail and you go to carve it while the monster is still in the area)

Do not demand to have the group cut the tail, break the face, etc if you see that the rest of the group has weapons that can't do the job.

Back to top Go down
Dathblade
Popo
Dathblade

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:55 am

Chips wrote:
Otoshimo wrote:

I HIGHLY disagree on those.

I disagree on that too, I have a good amount of friends who have girl chars. I think its how you act with it, like as long as the dude isn't trying to pick up other people via kungfu trickery then im fine with it lol
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:54 am

Dathblade wrote:

I disagree on that too, I have a good amount of friends who have girl chars. I think its how you act with it, like as long as the dude isn't trying to pick up other people via kungfu trickery then im fine with it lol

That was moreso what I was aiming, abusing that power. I have a few friends myself that have different-gender characters. but they're respectable with it and do use that to get free help just because they can act the part as a girl characters. I knew I left some detail out on that post, mabey should have made that more clear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Also, shooting people with rapid fire anything, and using pellet shots badly. If you do both at once, you're a horrible person.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Vortiene wrote:
easiest way to detonate bombs when sleep bombing is to go inside them and kick :D

Not exactly the safest method though...

I usually detonate with a lance, or with a bowgun shot aimed to the side of the bombs away from the ala.
Back to top Go down
Andrew.
Seltas Queen
Andrew.

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Vortiene wrote:

This is how the 'elite pro douchebags' do it guys, and if you want to be more pro, do it while a guy is still placing his bomb :P

The one that irks me the most, is when people come and dump totally irrelevant quests in a specified citys and then demand you help them.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Andrew. wrote:
Vortiene wrote:

This is how the 'elite pro douchebags' do it guys, and if you want to be more pro, do it while a guy is still placing his bomb :P

The one that irks me the most, is when people come and dump totally irrelevant quests in a specified citys and then demand you help them.

That really pisses me off, I also hate it when they say they're capcom mods when everyone know the mods dont give enough of a shit to actually geet on and check the players. (jk, idk anything about capcom moderation)
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:43 pm

Keep in mind that most "skill players only" are created by not so skilled people to get help

Dont go into a "Playing with friends" if you don´t know anyone there,

don´t troll or spam stuff (unless you really hate the guy you are doing that, then its ok)

Dont be a grammar nazi, everyone hates those people

Dont kick people you dont know for no reason. If its your friend its ok

When you get on a city try helping them first instead of asking for help right away, unless you are the lowest rank there

Be polite
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Lalo wrote:
Keep in mind that most "skill players only" are created by not so skilled people to get help

Dont go into a "Playing with friends" if you don´t know anyone there,

don´t troll or spam stuff (unless you really hate the guy you are doing that, then its ok)

Dont be a grammar nazi, everyone hates those people

Dont kick people you dont know for no reason. If its your friend its ok

When you get on a city try helping them first instead of asking for help right away, unless you are the lowest rank there

Be polite
Create a monster city without "event quests ho!" just to do events.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:57 am

If you are LSing, and you have a lance on your team, have the common courtesy move away from them. If you see a player doing any of these taboos, don't be a dick and ridicule them. Tell them what they did wrong. I actually made someone better by communicating with them. Don't be an ass and be reasonable.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:10 am

Here is my list from my past 2 years experience(*Note I wont mention most of what people already said)

1. Wearing Full Agna+ Armor with a LS in HR is a No-No?
2. Remember to bring cool/hot drink on those required quest like tundra/volcano.
3. Do not take all the potions/meats from the supply box, simply take your share N leave the rest to others.
4. While using the Switch-axe, do not spam the sword-mode splash in a party group.
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 6:22 am

I mostly hate when someone posts an hunt quest and then just goes to mine and gathering leaving all the work to others.
I also can't stand people posting capture quests without bringing extra traps and tranqs.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:25 pm

There are a lot of good ones mentioned, but I have a couple more:

1. Don't be the guy who freaks out and asks lower rank players to leave the room titled, "Everyone Welcome".

2. Ask for specific parts broken when quest selected, it's ok to remind team if monster near death and not done yet. Do not spam the request, and especially don't spam + never help.

3. Even in rotation rooms, please ask the team before selecting an unusual quest. Unusual quests are 1-3*'s when team is high rank, minion/transport/gather quests, or Jhen (IMHO).

4. You better be able to back up the unusual armor selection with your performance. Yes I mean you in the helmetless/no skills/"cool"/cheap armor when the rest of the team is dressed for hunting. Save to dress-up for your friends if you aren't up to playing handicapped.
Back to top Go down
Swing
Kelbi
Swing

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Many good points above for lower lvl players to keep in mind. High lvls are not anything special but if they're in a low lvl city they are there spending they're time & resources for your benefit, respect with a touch of gratitude will go a long ways.

One more; if a high lvl decides to help out don't upswing them outta the blue at first spawn or during carving. The latter is irritating but the first will leave you standing alone.
Back to top Go down
Dathblade
Popo
Dathblade

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:32 am

If your asking for help from a friend that has a large lead on you in HR points, atleast give them more then 2 words stating you want help
EX: "Hey help"

I hate when it happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Taboo's of MH tri?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii :: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)-
Jump to: