Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Drawing the line... Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Drawing the line... Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Drawing the line...

Go down 
+12
kama
Quentin
Lalo
Otoshimo
Ataraxia
PsychoMalone
boywithbluehanger
Yuki
Vax
Enkidu
Vivi
Kaji
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaji
Aptonoth
Kaji

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Drawing the line... Empty
PostSubject: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:12 am

So I turned on my Wii for the thousandth time.
My Wii can't read discs, so I run MH3 from a USB. My gameplay count was over a thousand. I'm sure yours is too.

So really, when do you see yourself quitting MH3?

I don't think it's possible to quit. We're going to have squished... The servers are going to shut down, and I won't be able to play MH3 anymore. I don't even have a 3DS. ;- ;
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:15 am

I dont have reason to quit, so why should I?~
I have friends on that game and I wont leave em, besides its still fun to hunt monsters on weekends (best way to spend a weekend evar X3)
So yeah ill quit when either the servers go down, or my friends quit...whichever is first.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:19 am

I'll quit once i get back into the school/work fulltime grind. it is just a game afterall and real life comes first.
Back to top Go down
Kaji
Aptonoth
Kaji

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:21 am

Yeah, well...
Obsessions grow.
I don't want to be like one of those WoW nerds.
And really, it would be pretty fucking weird to see someone playing MH3 seriously after two years from now.
I can't imagine it.
I only imagine playing a future MH on a console.

Yes Japan. I call for MH.
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:33 am

once I reached 1000 hours game time I thought that was getting a bit much, but then I heard of a WoW nerd who's put in over 7000 (and I'm sure others have done more) and that made me feel a lot better Yes by vort

though these days at least I'm getting out and doing other things I want to rather than hiding in MH3 too much Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Kaji
Aptonoth
Kaji

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:38 am

Yeah, I think we can all agree that it's healthy to do worldy things other than play MH3 for hours straight. Maybe it's not so bad to be obsessive... But it's terrible to be pissy.
Back to top Go down
Vax
Aptonoth
Vax

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:50 am

While I agree, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna quit MH3 after one certaingame of mine comes out on the 11th c: I'll miss MH3 though
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:21 am

Lol don't even get me started on my hours XD I used to pull so many all nighters two years ago. I am rrying to cut back on my hours but I see no reason to quit unless life intervenes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:35 am

i dont play often at all, it's not that I "quit", it's that I accomplished everything I wanted to do in the game. Now I'm just chilling waiting for MH4.
Back to top Go down
boywithbluehanger
Kelbi
boywithbluehanger

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:53 am

I'll quit as soon as a new Monster Hunter either comes out in America on the Wii U or Xbox. :D

First post btw Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
PsychoMalone
Kelbi
PsychoMalone

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Because I so rarely get to play tri these days I'm still only HR 42/43, and I'm gonna keep playing because I love this game. I'm actually really hoping the Wii u will allow Wii games to stream to the screen... So I can play while the wife watches her programmes...
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:18 pm

I... honestly don't know what happened with me...

I just stopped playing. I suppose it didn't help that my friend borrowed my game for 6 months, then my first Wii died a little later on. I spose those breaks in my thirst for monster slaying just killed Tri for me.

Now I join the rest of us waiting for the next installment, and if we grow tired of waiting, Capcom's going to feel the thunder...

... Unfortunately, they know that thunder can't hurt them.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Kaji wrote:

And really, it would be pretty fucking weird to see someone playing MH3 seriously after two years from now. I can't imagine it.

hmm I really don't see an issue with playing a Mh game, or any other game for that matter, seriously if its not like an addiction. I still play some gamecube games with a passion, and we have a club that holds competitive games tourneys at my old school & it draws alot of people. If it's what you enjoy and are good at/want to beco e good at, go for it it, as long as you become so engrossed into it.

With that said i doubt I'll 'quit' playing monster hunter to a degree. breaks and such no doubt, especially with school & work in the near future. But I guess I'll always be on MH at some point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:12 pm

As long as there is something worth logging in for I will keep logged in
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:00 pm

To be honest I was grounded so often that I couldn't get a full on addiction, if I haden't hunted with forumers I would probably have never slayed an Alatreon, and now that I'm juggling school, marching band, debate and Ultimate Frisbee I really don't think I'm going to be hunting until MH4 comes out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:47 am

Lol. Marching band >u>
Life is life, this will be fun while it lasts but I'm on the verge of being a self-sufficient adult and i dont think i'll have time for games anymore once i am. Oh well. What monster hunter represents for me is an escape from tedious reality, and i have so many different outlets that in a way, ill never quit what monster hunter means to me. Ill always draw and write and make things differently now due to the inspiration the games art, story, and players have left with me. So even 20 years from now tri will still live on in spirit and memory. Nobody who really loves tri will ever quit, even when the servers shut down and we all have kids and wii's are long forgotten relics of archaic technology. I probably speak for a couple of people other than myself as well. : )
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:05 am

Quitting? I dun think that can be apply in the video game world at all. I look it like this. As long the game system is in working condition N the game is working as well, i can look at myself playing it. it might not be a lot but its always a fun moment to do so because you remember the good scene or part of the game and that what makes it fun. For example, I play classic games whenever i find the time. So i can definitely see myself playing tri in the near future......
Back to top Go down
Kaji
Aptonoth
Kaji

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:09 am

You guys have great points.
But still, I said that I can't see anyone playing Tri *seriously*.
That means hardcore Monster Hunting. I expect there to be a newer MH, and with the MH3 vets playing THAT one and not MH3 itself.
So even if you were to go back to MH3 and play it for a few hours, it wouldn't be a serious, hardcore play.

Just like when I go back to play a classic game. It's all for the memories and the fun, but most of the spark is gone. It's just that fun game that I used to play for hours.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:09 am

I might from time to time but definitely not like 2010 once a new game comes out we all know that we are going to go straight for it as soon as we can.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:11 am

Kaji, It should never be about "Hard core" ever.. it should be about enjoying the game. From the first time you play it to going back to it many years later. I feel the same way about pong, the original Super Mario Bros and MH Tri now as I did the first day I played any of them. I put in no less effort because I enjoy them and think about them all the same... I think about them as somethig I have fun and enjoy with not something I am hord core and competative with.
Back to top Go down
Kaji
Aptonoth
Kaji

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:55 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Kaji, It should never be about "Hard core" ever.. it should be about enjoying the game. From the first time you play it to going back to it many years later. I feel the same way about pong, the original Super Mario Bros and MH Tri now as I did the first day I played any of them. I put in no less effort because I enjoy them and think about them all the same... I think about them as somethig I have fun and enjoy with not something I am hord core and competative with.

Whatever you say, bro.
An experience is an experience to me. I'm not saying that the video game becomes just a dusty, rainy-day distraction.
But it's never the same feel. We all know this. You get a game, you play it, and the spark dies for a while.
Then maybe you might move on to the next MH, because MH3 has gotten a little boring for the time being.
Then you go back to MH3 years later, and the spark comes back. But the spark won't last as long as it did the first time, because it's that first experience is still booked.

That's my game logic. A game never truly gets old and boring--- only for the time being.

Btw, when I say "hardcore", I mean playing it as if you've never played it before, enduring those all-nighters for weeks on.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:14 pm

^ um mabey thats just you then, cux that spark doesnt die for alot of people I know. I'm still playing Zoids Battle Legends with the same passion of yester-year whenever I can ( keep in mind that game was released in 2004 i believe, & i still play it with full satisfaction & entertainment). My friends still get a drive from old ps2 games that are still holding special-prize tourneys at the library, even the old school games like metroid, galaga & such pickmup enough nostalgia to still be played like clockwork with the same joy of opening it back in the 80's-90's.

My point being just because you don't seem it doesn't mean it doesnt happen. doesn't matter hold old, outdated or how many times you've gone thru a game and finished it 100% in X amount of hours. if it leaves that much impact on someone that they enjoy the game to its/their fullest, people will go back to it with the same joy they did back when they 1st tried it out.
Back to top Go down
Kaji
Aptonoth
Kaji

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:16 am

Otoshimo wrote:
^ um mabey thats just you then, cux that spark doesnt die for alot of people I know. I'm still playing Zoids Battle Legends with the same passion of yester-year whenever I can ( keep in mind that game was released in 2004 i believe, & i still play it with full satisfaction & entertainment). My friends still get a drive from old ps2 games that are still holding special-prize tourneys at the library, even the old school games like metroid, galaga & such pickmup enough nostalgia to still be played like clockwork with the same joy of opening it back in the 80's-90's.

My point being just because you don't seem it doesn't mean it doesnt happen. doesn't matter hold old, outdated or how many times you've gone thru a game and finished it 100% in X amount of hours. if it leaves that much impact on someone that they enjoy the game to its/their fullest, people will go back to it with the same joy they did back when they 1st tried it out.

Point taken, sir.
Yes, I believe that sparks never glow as bright as they did the first time.
Try not to overthink that. That doesn't mean that I'll go back to Kingdom Hearts and become bored after an hour of gameplay.
It just means that when it is dinnertime, I won't feel bothered to get up and eat. I'll finish my meal without gobbling it down and I'll return to my game that has well entertained me for years.
But when I first got the game, I was overjoyed, and couldn't give a shit about steak and green beans. I gobbled those fuckers down in two minutes just so that I could rush back to my game.
So uh, if you're like the latter every single time, you are a seemingly imaginary gamer, my friend.

Really, I think that you're just overlooking my statements, too concerned with being the "dedicated gamer". :P
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Otoshimo wrote:

^ If i'm overlooking your post, then your not even reading everyone elses & just posting for arguments sake. Cuz you missed that chunk right there.

Lol Imaginary gamer? XD didn't know Imaginary gamers ( or your 'dedicated gamer' as you imply of me) were those that have the endurance & find enough entertainment in a game to play it heartfelt years later. Well then thank you, cuz i'd rather be 'imaginary' than dull gamer towards games, swaping them out for the next new thing and only picking them up years later cuz I found it while trying to find a DVD.

If you get bored with a game just cause it's old, fine no problem with that. everyone has those type of games. but being absent minded about people still playing games past their prime only illustrates you as stand-offish when you go shooting those people down for it. try & uphold some respect towards others view.
Back to top Go down
Kaji
Aptonoth
Kaji

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 1:22 pm

Otoshimo wrote:
Otoshimo wrote:

^ If i'm overlooking your post, then your not even reading everyone elses & just posting for arguments sake. Cuz you missed that chunk right there.

Lol Imaginary gamer? XD didn't know Imaginary gamers ( or your 'dedicated gamer' as you imply of me) were those that have the endurance & find enough entertainment in a game to play it heartfelt years later. Well then thank you, cuz i'd rather be 'imaginary' than dull gamer towards games, swaping them out for the next new thing and only picking them up years later cuz I found it while trying to find a DVD.

If you get bored with a game just cause it's old, fine no problem with that. everyone has those type of games. but being absent minded about people still playing games past their prime only illustrates you as stand-offish when you go shooting those people down for it. try & uphold some respect towards others view.

That little chunk there? I said "point taken". I suppose you're doing exactly what you're accusing me of doing. :P I /did/ read everything you said, took it into consideration and only came up with the conclusion that you're either not understanding me clearly and are overlooking the true point or you just do not want to understand.

And if you're calling this a creeping argument, then I'll be damned. We're just having a friendly exchange, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drawing the line...   Drawing the line... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drawing the line...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next