Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Khezu tips. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Khezu tips. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Khezu tips.

Go down 
+4
ScienceJesus
IBGenius
Tomderdepp
GrashXL002
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:56 am

Just got to the Khezu.

I have a few questions.

Best weapon type?

Best armour set? (Right now I'm trying to get full Hi-Steel)

What should I bring? (Already brining 10 herbs 10 potions some mega potions and some honey, also bring 3 pitfalls and one shock.)

A good tactic?

Why is he so ugly, uglier than Gigginox? (Just kidding xD)

UPDATE: Killed Khezu last night, I used the buster blade GS, but I only JUST killed him, I fainted twice because I forgot you can't block his paralysis attack (DERP). Anyway, I killed him in area 3 and got some good stuff off of him! Got a nice pale bone! :D

Last edited by GrashXL002 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 1:12 pm

bring more shock-traps (pitfalls don't work in snow if I recall right)

what weapon are you using preferrably?
armor set on that stage of game isn't that important (well, it wasn't for me) but as soon as you get to it try to make the ceanataur...

back to topic:
on kehzu ranged weapons are quite useful or anything you can evade quickly with.

just bring hotdrinks, and stuff for healing and staminaregeneration.

tactic: "hit it till it dies"^^
no, seriously, try to allways stand in a position in which you can get away from him with one or two rolls and just be carefull about his ellecricity
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Or you can get any long ranged weapon and shoot him on top of the tree in area 3
Back to top Go down
ScienceJesus
Felyne

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 1:38 pm

ahhhh Khezu... brings back memories.... anyway if this is the 3 star quest in the village you should buy a heavy bowgun and upgrade it, and buy flame shots and any other type of ammo you want. you do not need bombs or traps for this method. When you start the quest take all the supply items (i always do) and head to area 5 or 3. when you get there jump on top of the giant log and head toward the side opposite of the eggs. you should be able to walk on the branch a little. you can just sit there shooting him and you wont be able to get hit. you can do this very quickly and easily to get a lot of Khezu materials and money relatively quicker than the alternative.

Hope this helps!!!

(and the other guy who posted before me posted while i was typing this)
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:
bring more shock-traps (pitfalls don't work in snow if I recall right)

what weapon are you using preferrably?
armor set on that stage of game isn't that important (well, it wasn't for me) but as soon as you get to it try to make the ceanataur...

back to topic:
on kehzu ranged weapons are quite useful or anything you can evade quickly with.

just bring hotdrinks, and stuff for healing and staminaregeneration.

tactic: "hit it till it dies"^^
no, seriously, try to allways stand in a position in which you can get away from him with one or two rolls and just be carefull about his ellecricity

The only LONG ranged weapon I'm comfortable with is the bow. I currently have the Hunter's bow III, but with some farming I could get IV. For long range weps though, my armour set is the battle set. As for shocks traps, I'm saving my thunderbugs for something else but I ALWAYS bring the supply shock trap so... Am I ready?
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:54 pm

uggg I want to fight khezu so baad... but I cant find my memory card where I had a FU save.

screw it! I am going to start over!

-Ontopic-

I killed my first khezu with LS, I wouldnt recomend it tho, unless you like your weapon bouncing on every hit
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 3:13 pm

I would either use a hEavy bowgun and snipe his head and back with fire and pierce shots or a (preferably with fire) sword and shield or a lance /gunlance... Something with shield. so you can block its electric charges. .whichever you prefer. Just remember : weakness fire weakspot head.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 3:51 pm

In about 3-4 hours I can go back on my PSP (my charger is slightly broken so I can't play while it's charging).

I've gotten really good with the dual swords, I can already kill bulldromes in 10-15 seconds flat with the giaprey claws+.

Infact, pretty much EVERY boss monster I've faced has been with dual swords (at least for the first time).

But I'm thinking of either farming to upgrade my buster blade GS and facing Khezu or just doing it with Buster Blade.

Upgrade buster blade, or just do it with Buster Blade?

Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:26 pm

Dual swords are awesome.

But im afraid that they are not suitable for khezu... GS might do but you'll have to have him trapped constantly so you can charge-slash it
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:29 pm

I also started with DS but changed to GS from kehzu upward, the GS helped me a bit killing him, but I don't know if it will do for you. just give it a try.

bows are quite fun on kehzu. however, it may take some time to kill it with a bow. though maybe bombs would help.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:09 pm

If you're only comfortable with bows, definitely get the Kut-Ku Bow.
However, I find I kill him fastest with the Melynx Ragdoll, because it rapid-fires 6 Normal S Lv1 and 6 Flaming S. Combine that with the fact that the Khezu is one of the slowest Wyverns in MHFU, et voilá! Roast Khezu, ready to serve!

I suggest you charge your shots with Bows, as that gives 150% raw and 100% element per hit. Combine that with the fact that Spread is 3 shots and you effectively have that triplicated, not counting hitzones.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Kaz
Aptonoth
Kaz

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:53 am

I wouldn't recommend DS against Khezu, in fact, that would probably be the worst weapon to use against him.

I would personally recommend a lance. The backstep is great for getting out of the way of his electric cocoon (idk what to call it), and you can always fall back to a block if you don't have enough time. His worst attack is his electric shockwave he spits from his mouth. This attack is unblockable and is one of his strongest attacks. He choreographs this really well, so it should be easy to get out of the way. If you don't have your weapon drawn, depending on how far away you are you can either backstep a few times away from his face (if you're close to his head), or you can use your charge to get out of the path it travels.

If you want to play more offensively (may be more native to a DS user) then the GL is great against him, as he leaves an insane amount of openings to use wyvern fire. The only downside to this is that you can't charge to get away from his shockwave, so you'll want to try and stay closer to him, and away from his head.
Back to top Go down
ScienceJesus
Felyne

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:05 pm

Actually, i find that using dual swords against a khezu is extremely easy. I use Guild Knight Sabers on high rank red Khezu because of the water damage done to it. I dont know if its just me but i feel like they are a great weapon to use as long as they have the right element. but i suppose if you used bone scythe or something it wouldnt be that effective. Also if you have any fire element weapons, be sure to use those.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:44 pm

ScienceJesus wrote:
Actually, i find that using dual swords against a khezu is extremely easy. I use Guild Knight Sabers on high rank red Khezu because of the water damage done to it. I dont know if its just me but i feel like they are a great weapon to use as long as they have the right element. but i suppose if you used bone scythe or something it wouldnt be that effective. Also if you have any fire element weapons, be sure to use those.

Oh red khezu is extremely easy with guild sabers. But that is just because by the time you get them either you're used to them and khezu /or the sabers have amazing water element. But at this level the ''best'' fire element ds weapon is the kut ku one if not the only one. And its not good enough for khezu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Khezu tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khezu tips.   Khezu tips. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Khezu tips.
Page 1 of 1