Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread

Go down 
+85
Ken Kurobasa
Shindouz
A Drunk Ninja
Raptor98
Raecarmicheal
Vivi
GobulHunterJames
Tarath
RupertKnight
Big Boss
Cambell
Armoured Barioth
PerfectHeaD
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Fazermint
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Ticky
Roik
Darklinghunter
Win32error
comaprison
evahnulahm
devilution
Will
Slyffer
ShadowCeadeusDM324
TheLaw
Craeme
opok8
Enkidu
CottonEyedJho
Sephastus
Chagrilled
haruno
frostymm
Evilpwner
Randomhunter
Edsain
Andy124
HaBa912
Jake Johnson
sakura808
Shepherd
Sir Tristen
IceMage88
enemy61390
Azurian
Saisei
PixelP
PAiN---
Yuki
Hawkfriend
Dragsaw
MasterOnion
elchele
kama
IBGenius
Oni Zelkami
Lucas
bill_the_noob
E&Troy
Traiaprax
Silverwind
Antari18
Outkin
Atalanta
Tirith
Volke
Sai_
flyingdingus
Snagglux
Gilgames
Quentin
Arkenaw
parasky
DanielisAwesome52
dcj91x
It's meh
TKMT
MHWF
Lalo
laoshanicrus
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

this is a thread to post questions for monster hunter U (both wiiu and 3ds versions),
just ask anything related to mhu gameplay,tips,general info,etc.

examples

Spoiler:

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:00 am

Shepherd wrote:
Does anyone know what the "exquisite meat" event item from the new DLC egg hunt quest is used for? I assume it is used in a weapon or armor forge recipe that I don't have the mats for but if not I have no idea. No one can eat it and it can't be given to anyone.

Have you tried feeding it to cha-cha and kayamba? Some meat in tri could only be consumed by cha-cha cpu;d be the same case here.

sakura808 wrote:
Perfect, just what I was looking for. Thanks!

Not a problem happy to help.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:19 am

it's for a new chacha and kayamba mask, go talk to jr he will let you know the other stuff you need.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:20 pm

When can we start fighting Alatreon? the Brady Games Guide has the info for all his armor and weapons, but doesnt mention any quest where you can fight him?

Also is there a Port version of Regular Ceadeus, or is he still Village exclusive?
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:22 pm

DanielisAwesome52 wrote:
When can we start fighting Alatreon? the Brady Games Guide has the info for all his armor and weapons, but doesnt mention any quest where you can fight him?

Also is there a Port version of Regular Ceadeus, or is he still Village exclusive?
i gess ala must be at the final quests before g rank, also i remember reading and watching some videos of a gold ceadeus.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:33 pm

I've seen the Gold Ceadeus, its one of your urgents, but the Brady Guide (as far as I know has all the non-DLC quests) and it doesnt show anything about alatreon except his equipment, it doesnt even have a monster entry for him or Miralis

And about Ceadeus I still ahven't seen anything about any Port versions of Normal Ceadeus (honestly I dislike the look of Goldbeard and his Equipment) I dont even see a G-Rank for Ceadeus, nor have I seen a Japanese event for a High Rank or G Rank Normal Ceadeus
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 4:01 pm

Apparently to make high rank ceadeus you need parts from both of them, and some extra stuff you get from high rank. I read this around here don't know if in this same post maybe try looking for it.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Thats annoying, you had to get High Rank Lagi parts in Tri for him as well, its either fight monsters I dont like very much, or figth something hard to fight high rank (at least in tri's case, lagi was a mean sunava then)
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 4:07 pm

DanielisAwesome52 wrote:
Thats annoying, you had to get High Rank Lagi parts in Tri for him as well, its either fight monsters I dont like very much, or figth something hard to fight high rank (at least in tri's case, lagi was a mean sunava then)
Yep man that's how it is gotta hate it and love it at the same time, im still bitching about not getting enugh chum chum tickets hahahahaa.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 4:35 pm

Any good hammers (green sharpness or better) that use Nibelsnarf or Duramboros parts?

BTW, I am willing to grind.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:19 pm

DanielisAwesome52 wrote:

I'm not sure when you can fight him online, if you can fight him online at all. However, if you want to unlock him in the village, you will need to complete a quest. The quest is called "Mark of the Hero" IIRC. And you unlock THAT quest by completing EVERY SINGLE village quest.
Yeah, sounds like a pain in the butt to have to do every single quest to unlock a quest, so that you can unlock the Alatreon.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:42 pm

The quest also contains G rank equivalent monsters with reduced health.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:14 pm

So there is a Village Alatreon quest? how hard is he? I know Ceadeus is a chump, and Jhen Mohran is only a time restraint challenge, but I've never really battled an Alatreon without maxed out helpers
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:20 pm

You'll need to be extremely skilled. I was able to kill him in 20 minutes with both hammer and gs, but that was high rank gear. He takes about 3/5 of your health if its at 440 defense. You have to not get hit if you plan on hunting him with high rank gear. He spends most of the time in air, but he lowers his head many times for a KO if you are hammering/HH'ing. Just gotta watch out for his lightning moves.
Back to top Go down
Sir Tristen
Aptonoth
Sir Tristen

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Dragsaw wrote:
Whats the better Lagia Blitz and up or Thundacrus , and what is a good lowrank fire bowgun

For blitz vs. thundacrus, it really depends on your preference of heavy vs light bowgun. I have read that in previous monster hunter games rapid fire pierce was less desirable to normal fire, and rapid pierce lvl 2 will hold you in place for quite a while, but that is neither here nor there if you do not use pierce. Normal lvl 2 and thunder turret shot options on the blitz is an attractive setup to me.

A good low rank fire bowgun is the tropeco heavy bow gun path, especially for solo, cuz the pellet shot's it fires rocks.

For light bowguns, the Rathling gun path is quite good at fire element with rapid fire.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:00 pm

wyvern stone,how can i quickly and easily get one for my peco U set
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:07 pm

^ Best % is Royal Ludroth High rank tail carves and capture I believe.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:10 pm

thanks...i got a lot of farming to do then
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:24 pm

Some questions about the wii u version and system maybe:
1. Can you still play the game with the move option? (nunchuck and wii mote).
2. If so can you use a normal wii mote or you need a wii plus one?
3. Finally if you have normal wii remotes and just buy the add on for the motion plus (wich makes them larger), can you play any wii u game? Becouse i don't really want to buy more remotes i already have 4 and none of them has motion plus build in, but i have 2 motion plus adapters so i want to play games like nintendo land i'll have to buy 2 motion plus adapters if they of curse are supported on the wii u.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:32 pm

elchele wrote:
Some questions about the wii u version and system maybe:
1. Can you still play the game with the move option? (nunchuck and wii mote).
2. If so can you use a normal wii mote or you need a wii plus one?
3. Finally if you have normal wii remotes and just buy the add on for the motion plus (wich makes them larger), can you play any wii u game? Becouse i don't really want to buy more remotes i already have 4 and none of them has motion plus build in, but i have 2 motion plus adapters so i want to play games like nintendo land i'll have to buy 2 motion plus adapters if they of curse are supported on the wii u.

Thanks in advance.

1. No, this has been removed but several other options have been added.

2. ^

3. Actually with the WiiU i don't think it matters if you have the motion+ or not. I think it was stated somewhere that the WiiU can sense the controlers positon better than the Wii could. also most wiimotes now have it built in anyways:

For MH3U control options look here:

https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t9418-mh3u-full-features-list
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks but now im confused, i just googled several web pages and found this informations:
"The Wii Remotes for the original Wii will work on the Wii U only if they are using MotionPlus (either built-in or as an attachment)"
Well that means i still need to buy the attachments o well time to do some ebay research about it.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:25 pm

^ that's most likely correct. But with MH3U its a mote point.

Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm

I'm farming the Brachydios (breaking, and severing everything too, as well as capturing) and I'm not getting any gems. Am I doing something wrong? Or should I just move on to other weapons, and get a gem that way? Also, how hard is it to solo G rank G. Jaggis with High rank Jaggi armor and an un-upgraded Dios DS. Or Dios Lance.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:40 pm

Yoshi Carves:

Brachydios Ebonshell

Brachydios Carapace

Brachydios Gem

Brachydios Pounders

Brachydios Scalp

Brachydios Scale+

Brachydios Tail

Mystery Slime

Brychydios Gem, should be about a 3-5% carve from severed pieces and as a capture it should be about 3%... I do not think you can get a gem from his body.

Your best bet would be to severa and carve from those then capture.

Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Okay. I'm also getting every shiny I see. Which for me, out of all the shinies I have collected, I've only gotten one mystery slime, and no gems. (if you can even get gems from shinies) I have yet to get anything other than a tail from the tail, so I'm not so sure you can even get anything but a tail from the tail. Oh well...
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 4:19 pm

The gem should be from the Tail and Shiny and capture...

Also, Pet your pig before the quest... It may not have been added in 3U but in Tri it raised the % for row 1 and 2 items in rewards. which is where i think gems are given at.

though not sure if it works the same in 3U it's worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
Page 7 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25 ... 43  Next